• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello @Sm1smom,
Thanks for you response. I don’t have the originals for my high school certificate and birth certificate. I have copies and certified translations. Do you think that will be a problem?
You should plan on getting the original version of your b/c at least. You’re required to attend your interview with the original copy of the documents you submitted with your AOS application. Back in April, you previously stated you already had your b/c, so what happened since then?

Hello!

Tried to walk in for Lawrence, MA ASC and it was unsuccessful. Both the FO and ASC was located on the same building.

Have anyone tried walk in for biometrics at Revere, MA. ASC? Thanks

Hello!

Tried to walk in for Lawrence, MA ASC and it was unsuccessful. Both the FO and ASC was located on the same building.

Have anyone tried walk in for biometrics at Revere, MA. ASC? Thanks
Revere, MA was my ASC. I know someone who tried an early walk-in for a marriage-based application and she was unsuccessful.

Revere, MA was my ASC. I know someone who tried an early walk-in for a marriage-based application and she was unsuccessful.
I actually looked at the spreadsheet and I could find no one who had a walk in date for the last three years. There are however few from 2018 and 2017.

I actually looked at the spreadsheet and I could find no one who had a walk in date for the last three years. There are however few from 2018 and 2017.
You mean you couldn’t find anyone from your ASC who did a walk-in in the past 3 years or you mean in general?

Hello @Sm1smom
my case was updated yesterday to "New Card Is Being Produced", does that mean the case is approved?
I am planning to travel this coming Monday 08/02/2021, is it safe to do so? my friend will mail the card to me in case it did not arrive on or before Monday.

Thank you
Yes you have been approved. Congratulations on your new status. :)

Thank you so much, good luck to you.
do you have any information about travelling now before receiving the card?
I think we should wait for moms response over here. Are you going out of country? If thats the case, if I was you, I would wait for the card before traveling :)

Hello @Sm1smom
my case was updated yesterday to "New Card Is Being Produced", does that mean the case is approved?
I am planning to travel this coming Monday 08/02/2021, is it safe to do so? my friend will mail the card to me in case it did not arrive on or before Monday.

Thank you
Do you mean travel abroad? if so call to make a uscis infopass appointment (I guess you need to do it quickly) to get an i551 stamp in your passport before you go, just in case something goes wrong with the card production.

I have a US college degree. I’ll bring the original for that
That will be enough as a proof that you have a degree higher than high school diploma and take also whatever you have concerning your high school degree either a certified copy or a translated one, just in case. Good luck

So another update positive this time. We finally received an update for my daughter’s GC “being produced”.
What happened is:
-After we received our GCs, but my minor daughter did not, which is very weird because we have been receiving all notices and updates together, we contacted Emma and requested live chat with an agent. We did that multiple times. —-Agents did provide a clear explanation and told us simply our cards were completed but hers was not. We did want to travel this Monday and asked that we schedule an appointment with the local field office to get her passport stamped. They put us in a queue and told us we will receive a phone call to schedule the appointment. No one called. However, today we received an update for her “card is being produced”. We will adjust our travel plans accordingly.

My advice based on this experience, sometimes USCIS procrastinates. If this is the situation, they may start taking an action if they feel pushed to do so. It might be helpful to keep contacting them even if they don’t provide help or simply re-read the online status to you. The same thing happened after the interview. We waited three weeks and no response. We started calling and chatting with live agents to request an update about interview result because we want to travel in August. A week later, we received the approval. I AM USING MAY because what I am saying is my hypothesis based on my experience. Things differ from case to case and from person to person.

@maryasenath I saw that your bio has been scheduled! So happy for you! I'm under the same ASC and just messaged EMMA and they said bio hasn't been scheduled yet. Have you followed up your case through any inquiries? (expedition, congress, etc.) Thank you!

Hello @Sm1smom

Thank you
Congratulations, yes that means your case has been approved. I however wouldn't recommend traveling out prior to receiving the GC - "stuff happens". About two years ago or so, we had a report of two cases which initially received the Welcome Letter/Approval Notice, and subsequently received follow-up notices about the cases needing to be re-opened and reviewed. They eventually got approved and got their GC after the follow-up review. So I highly recommend you either postpone your trip until after you've received your GC, or make an INFOPASS appointment ASAP to visit your FO and get the I-551 stamp before traveling. If your trip is already booked, use this to support the urgency for an immediate INFOPASS appointment when you contact USCIS.

Congratulations, yes that means your case has been approved. I however wouldn't recommend traveling out prior to receiving the GC - "stuff happens". About two years ago or so, we had a report of two cases which initially received the Welcome Letter/Approval Notice, and subsequently received follow-up notices about the cases needing to be re-opened and reviewed. They eventually got approved and got their GC after the follow-up review. So I highly recommend you either postpone your trip until after you've received your GC, or make an INFOPASS appointment ASAP to visit your FO and get the I-551 stamp before traveling. If your trip is already booked, use this to support the urgency for an immediate INFOPASS appointment when you contact USCIS.
wow that's scary... When can we assume that we "safe" ? once we get the physical GC ?

Hello friends,

Update on my case: I was scheduled for my interview today @ 8 am CST. (no biometric was scheduled for me as of today)

FO & ASC: Milwaukee, WI

After going thru security, I checked in @ interview reception on 2nd floor where the lady told me like where's your biometric record!? I explained the situation and she proceeded and had me waiting for the IO in the waiting room. After 10 min, the officer called me in for my interview. He was an experienced IO (like in his 60s) and was well aware of DV cases (seemed like every DV case was forwarded to him in this FO. Couple of AOSers from previous years had described his appearance and I guess he was the same IO)

The entire interview was very friendly; just couple of random questions from I-485 (current address, what you doing here in US, etc.)
Then he asked if I'm being paid and have any income? I explained that I'm a PhD student and have TA (the documents were already in my AOS package and he admitted being aware of them; just wanted to have a cool conversation)
After that he went thru Y/N questions of the I-485. As I had done the compulsory military service back home (Iran), he asked couple of questions about that part (like what you did, where was it, etc.).
@ the end, he asked if I wanna give him any additional documents? (and I handed him my 2020 tax transcripts, which I did not have @ the time of AOS filing)
Then he told me we're done here and lets go downstairs and do your fingerprints as well! (I was like, wow that's what I've been looking for! :) )
He got my passport and went in ASC and got my Bio letter (which was scheduled for 8/16/2021, and had NBC as sender) and told me to sit there till being called for the Bio. Finally, he mentioned that he should have the report (BG) within next 2 weeks.
I waited in ASC for like 40 min (it was really packed!) till I was called in, did the bio and left the ASC with stamped Bio letter.

Once again, I'd like to appreciate all you guys are doing in this fantastic forum. Indeed, best resource I came across for DV AOS. Special thanks to the most dedicated mom in DV world! @Sm1smom You are amazing and I don't know how to appreciate all you've done for all of us.
Wish all of friends all the best. (including myself, being cleared with BG check sooner!)

@raphael1899 you're amazing bro. Appreciate all your dedication and help here.
@jasperrrr.c @Blade_ GL friends with the rest of your journey.

Hi Mom,

Sorry to bother you again. I received my acceptance text on June 17th and Bio/Interview hasn't been scheduled for me yet. A lot of people on this forum including one applicant who filed after me under the same FO/ASC got their bio's now. Do you think I should start a congressional inquiry at this point?

Hi everyone! How I can call my FO in order to know if interview is scheduled or not? Bio was done last week, but still not having IL. My FO office is Chicago.