• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi Mom, i am worried, Just noticed my Call in letter says ,,bring with you to the interview your Passport, State issued identification and permanent resident card. I only have my passport. I ve driver license but not USA which I ll receive in 7 or 10 days more. May I present only the passport and the selectee letter DV? Is this Ok?
You’ll be fine with your passport.

I just received SMSs for my second package. As soon as I received the receipt notices(I already got the NOA also) for my first package I stoped the payments for my second package and bank has not processed those checks. However when I check these case nos(second package) on USCIS it says 'finger print fee received'.
any body has similar experience?
Yup, not surprised you got acceptance notification for the 2nd package despite the payment not being processed. You will get the acceptance NOA and most likely bio notice too for the 2nd package in addition to that of the first package. You may then subsequently get a denial notice for the 2nd package due to insufficient payment. Until then, your roller coaster ride continues.

Yup, not surprised you got acceptance notification for the 2nd package despite the payment not being processed. You will get the acceptance NOA and most likely bio notice too for the 2nd package in addition to that of the first package. You may then subsequently get a denial notice for the 2nd package due to insufficient payment. Until then, your roller coaster ride continues.
Thank you for the reply Mom. I thought they will send the whole package back with a note. Does this situation will cause additional delays?

Hello Mom.
Hope you`re doing well.
Letting you know that I applied for my EAD through OPT before I start my AOS through DV.
Now I got RFE for my EAD that I have to prove that I was a full-time student, paid full tuition, documents of how I covered my expenses, etc.
Do you think these two of my cases have interconnections?
I still have not heard about my bio nor interview, but received NOA.
I appreciate your response.

Thank you for the reply Mom. I thought they will send the whole package back with a note. Does this situation will cause additional delays?
Yeah, you assumed wrongly by rushing to send in the second package when the first one hadn’t been rejected. It should hopefully not cause some additional delay, you will just have to wait and see, and keep your fingers crossed.

Hello Mom.
Hope you`re doing well.
Letting you know that I applied for my EAD through OPT before I start my AOS through DV.
Now I got RFE for my EAD that I have to prove that I was a full-time student, paid full tuition, documents of how I covered my expenses, etc.
Your OPT processing has no bearing on your pending AOS application.
1. Hopefully, you were still a full time student and had never violated your F1 status prior to OPT application?
2. And were you still in F1 when you filed for AOS

Yeah, you assumed wrongly by rushing to send in the second package when the first one hadn’t been rejected. It should hopefully not cause some additional delay, you will just have to wait and see, and keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks again, so will I get two different appointments for Bio?

Hello Mom.
Hope you`re doing well.
Curious, are you continuing with the OPT as a backup to DV?

How to know my field office? How it is determined and who determines it? I live in Athens, GA so my field office will be Atlanta, GA?
Hi @manish100. My field office is Atlanta too, currently in Alpharetta. Since our FO will be same, let’s keep each other posted on our process. There is one more in the spreadsheet from GA with name Sara. @manish100 if you can update your timeline in spreadsheet it will be helpful.

I had a chat with tier 1 agent through emma and i asked about the update on my biometric letter or an interview letter. He stated "You spoke with a tier 2 officer on 07/14 they submitted the request, you received a response on 07/16 that stated, "Our records show that your I485 is currently pending adjudication and is within processing times. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay." Your biometrics are pending in the system that schedules applicants for appointments to collect fingerprints. You will have to continue waiting. Those responses come directly from the location processing your case, there is nothing else that we can do." Has anyone received the same response as me? Thank you.

Most likely yes (assuming your FO doesn't get in for your interview before the bio gets scheduled).
I am sorry to bother you again Mom.

May I ask what do you mean by 'assuming your FO doesn't get in for your interview before the bio gets scheduled'

UPDATE; I had sent in my application and tracked check as cashed but never got any e-mail or text notification, yet i sent in form G-1145. I called USCIS. Had to wait over an hour after i had said ''infopass'' is the reason i was calling. I explained to agent about the need for my receipt number.She gave it to me via phone [after i verified other details, using my A-number]. Thanks

I am sorry to bother you again Mom.

May I ask what do you mean by 'assuming your FO doesn't get in for your interview before the bio gets scheduled'
Assuming you do not receive and attend your AOS interview before you receive your bio notice.

I had a chat with tier 1 agent through emma and i asked about the update on my biometric letter or an interview letter. He stated "You spoke with a tier 2 officer on 07/14 they submitted the request, you received a response on 07/16 that stated, "Our records show that your I485 is currently pending adjudication and is within processing times. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay." Your biometrics are pending in the system that schedules applicants for appointments to collect fingerprints. You will have to continue waiting. Those responses come directly from the location processing your case, there is nothing else that we can do." Has anyone received the same response as me? Thank you.
Nice confirmation of my 7/7/2021 Post I guess :cool: