• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone!
Mom, at last we received a letter that we are inviting you for an interview. However, the letter says about the initial interview, literally says "request for application to appear for initial interview". And I have two questions:
1) is this the very interview we all expect, or is it some kind of preliminary one? If preliminary, what does this mean and in what cases is it carried out?
2) we did not receive an invitation to biometrics, do you think, should we try to pass biometrics on our own, without an invitation, before the interview?

Thank you for your hard work and contribution, it is priceless!
1. It is “the interview” - ignore the “initial” wording.
2. You can’t go for the bio without the bio notice. The exception to that is if the IO is able to make you attend the bio on the day you go for your interview.

Hi Guys,
Do I need to do anything after BIO? Or just wait for appointment letter? I finished my bio on 7/12.
If I have to wait at what point do I need to start worry and make calls about the clearance?

Ok just an update about my messy case..

I called USCIS about my biometrics - I recently received a biometrics appointment but NOT for my dv-case but my old marriage based I-485 which I already completed in March and got approval for advance parole. I was thinking they might hyave mixed up the two AOS. The tier 1 agent set me up for a call back with a tier 2 agent (20 days) this was June 25. Still haven't heard nothing.

Called USCIS about the "Request for Evidence" letter in which they are asking for police clearance letter from each city in the U.S. I lived in for more than 6 months - isn't that what the biometrics is for?? I definitely want to sort this one out.. This time I also got scheduled to get a call back from a tier 2 agent, within 72 hours. This was July 13th - Still haven't heard nothing.

I have not received a bio or interview appointment. @SF22 who has had similar journey as me with Sacramento FO (first denied, then opened case back up, then "request for evidence" letter) he received an IL a week ago. I wonder in what priority the FO pick and schedule applicants and how much longer I have to wait... I must be on their black list lol
Also update my case,
I received the "Request for Evidence" letter asking for police clearance from each city in the U.S lived in for more than 6 months and other countries same as @SELisa and also IL.
My attorney called FO this week explained nicely there is no need of police clearance for the DV based AOSer, the FO responded will look up for it again.
My attorney suggested me for now before further notice try to get the police clearance as possible if I can. And YES I will try to get it and bring it with me.
And I haven't receive my Bio appointment yet.

Hello, My check was cashed but after a week, i NEVER got the e-mail or text message yet i sent in form G-1145. Wondering if anyone here has a similar experience. Thanks

Hello, My check was cashed but after a week, i NEVER got the e-mail or text message yet i sent in form G-1145. Wondering if anyone here has a similar experience. Thanks
There have been few cases this year with same issue (not receiving e-notification); Wait for your NOA receipt in mail

There have been few cases this year with same issue (not receiving e-notification); Wait for your NOA receipt in mail
Yes, don't worry about the text message. We have seen this happen lately. Just wait for the NOA.

I've just received my NOA and created an online account. In my account, related to I-485, it says "current as of today". Is it all? I was expecting something more. Will there be a notification about bio or only hardcopy letter?
Thanks

Hi,

I am currently on F-1 visa, and have applied for AOS. I have received the Bio-metrics appointments date. At the same time, an employer is going to file a cap-exempt H1-B petition for me. Please help me to clarify following questions.

1. Since two cases are processing at the same time, can it negatively affect my DV process?
2. I am not exactly sure, whether the employer has already filed the H1-B petition. If they have not filed it yet, should I ask them not to file it?
3. If the employer has already filed the H1-B and if I get the green card, before H1-B, what will happen to the H1-B petition?

Thank you.

Hi,

I am currently on F-1 visa, and have applied for AOS. I have received the Bio-metrics appointments date. At the same time, an employer is going to file a cap-exempt H1-B petition for me. Please help me to clarify following questions.

1. Since two cases are processing at the same time, can it negatively affect my DV process?
2. I am not exactly sure, whether the employer has already filed the H1-B petition. If they have not filed it yet, should I ask them not to file it?
3. If the employer has already filed the H1-B and if I get the green card, before H1-B, what will happen to the H1-B petition?

Thank you.
It should not be a problem. You can have different application at USCIS. I have different applications at USCIS

Hi,

Thank you.
1. No
2. No, first make sure you have an approved AOS/green card before giving up on anything else
3. The H1B petition will fall away/you can ask your employer to withdraw it

I just received SMSs for my second package. As soon as I received the receipt notices(I already got the NOA also) for my first package I stoped the payments for my second package and bank has not processed those checks. However when I check these case nos(second package) on USCIS it says 'finger print fee received'.
any body has similar experience?

I just received SMSs for my second package. As soon as I received the receipt notices(I already got the NOA also) for my first package I stoped the payments for my second package and bank has not processed those checks. However when I check these case nos(second package) on USCIS it says 'finger print fee received'.
any body has similar experience?
yeah after they cash ur check it should say fingerprint fee was received. You are now waiting for bio letter than IL.

Hi Mom, i am worried, Just noticed my Call in letter says ,,bring with you to the interview your Passport, State issued identification and permanent resident card. I only have my passport. I ve driver license but not USA which I ll receive in 7 or 10 days more. May I present only the passport and the selectee letter DV? Is this Ok?