• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

You should plan on getting the original version of your b/c at least. You’re required to attend your interview with the original copy of the documents you submitted with your AOS application. Back in April, you previously stated you already had your b/c, so what happened since then?
I submitted the AOS to USCIS with a copy of my birth certificate and a certified translation of it, but no certified copy of the birth certificate. Same for my wife. I was told I could use copies before. However, on the interview instructions it seems like I need the original along with a certified copy. I don’t have access to my birth certificate since it is in Venezuela, and my interview is on Monday. How do I proceed?

I submitted the AOS to USCIS with a copy of my birth certificate and a certified translation of it, but no certified copy of the birth certificate. Same for my wife. I was told I could use copies before. However, on the interview instructions it seems like I need the original along with a certified copy. I don’t have access to my birth certificate since it is in Venezuela, and my interview is on Monday. How do I proceed?
Who told you you could use copies for the interview? The instructions are always submit copies in the package but have the originals for interview. Can someone FedEx your birth certificate from Venezuela?

I just talk to agent now and she said, "you
have not been schedule for intertview".
as you know, we are same situation and FO please let me know, if you have any update.
They said the same thing for us. Asked about them frame also, they know that DV is until the end of fiscal year but anyway they don’t have time frame.

Hi Mom,

I gave my biometrics in the first week of June. I am waiting for my interview to be scheduled since then but there is no information on that yet and it has been some time.

When I got my biometrics appointment, I also received a letter from Field Office Director saying that my Medical Examination is not submitted.
"To avoid any delays in processing your application, it is recommended that you submit a completed Form I-693. The Form I-693 must be in a sealed envelope .... You may bring the I-693 with you to your interview."

When I asked my lawyer, he said that I could take it to the interview and did not need to send it beforehand. But all the people around me got their interviews scheduled and I still didn't get mine. Might that be a reason? Should I send my Medical Examination for them to schedule the interview, or should I just wait for the interview letter?

Thank you!

hi Mom,
my FO is Chicago IL and my case in FO(told by tier2 agent). she also told me , there is not time frame for intertview. I'm little concern for DV deadline. can I get intertview appointment if I start congressional inq at this point.
Sorry for the question, but could you please explain what is congressional inquiry? Could it have negative effect on our case later?

Hi Mom,

I gave my biometrics in the first week of June. I am waiting for my interview to be scheduled since then but there is no information on that yet and it has been some time.

When I got my biometrics appointment, I also received a letter from Field Office Director saying that my Medical Examination is not submitted.
"To avoid any delays in processing your application, it is recommended that you submit a completed Form I-693. The Form I-693 must be in a sealed envelope .... You may bring the I-693 with you to your interview."

When I asked my lawyer, he said that I could take it to the interview and did not need to send it beforehand. But all the people around me got their interviews scheduled and I still didn't get mine. Might that be a reason? Should I send my Medical Examination for them to schedule the interview, or should I just wait for the interview letter?

Thank you!
if you had sent it beforehand there would have been a chance of being approved without interview as you no doubt have seen above some others have. Anyway that’s done now, so just bring it to interview. Don’t send it in separately, the only time to send something in by itself is if you have received an RFE for it which you have not. You just got a standard letter reminding you it wasn’t submitted and to bring it with.

Sorry for the question, but could you please explain what is congressional inquiry? Could it have negative effect on our case later?
When someone's case is kind a stuck in USCIS (like being out of normal processing time compared to others), there are several approaches that an AOSer can have in order to move it!
(like following-up with emma or Tier 1, requesting Tier 2, and congressional inquiry, etc.)
It is simply reaching out to one's house representative/senator for help!
(No negative effect; worst case is that they can not help)

Last edited:
I was expecting to receive my GC today. but got this error by the USPS:
Your item was returned to the sender on July 28, 2021 at 1:02 pm in LAUREL, MD 20707 because of an incomplete address.

I'm sure the address is correct. I called customer services and they confirmed the address is correct. Why this happened? does the mail delivery require a signature or just leave it in the mailbox??. I was in my company at that time. Feel so upset and disappoitned.

When someone's case is kind a stuck in USCIS (like being out of normal processing time compared to others), there are several approaches that an AOSer can have in order to move it!
(like following-up with emma or Tier 1, requesting Tier 2, and congressional inquiry, etc.)
It is simply reaching out to one's house representative/senator for help!
(No negative effect; worst case is that they can not help)
Thank you so much! So what is need to do for congressional inquiry? And is it long process as well?

Hi all,

i received a strange email today from USCIS saying

We have taken an action on your case, Sign in to your account to view your case status”​

but when I login to my USCIS it shows nothing at all, not case status nothing.

i have a bio scheduled on 08/10

what it can be?

Hi all,

i received a strange email today from USCIS saying

We have taken an action on your case, Sign in to your account to view your case status”​

but when I login to my USCIS it shows nothing at all, not case status nothing.

i have a bio scheduled on 08/10

what it can be?
Sometimes the notification is delayed. Did you have a status update the last few days?

I was expecting to receive my GC today. but got this error by the USPS:
Your item was returned to the sender on July 28, 2021 at 1:02 pm in LAUREL, MD 20707 because of an incomplete address.
I'm sure the address is correct. I called customer services and they confirmed the address is correct. Why this happened? does the mail delivery require a signature or just leave it in the mailbox??. I was in my company at that time. Feel so upset and disappoitned.
You used a work address? That may be the problem. I know for example if it’s an apartment mailbox and doesn’t have the name in it may not get delivered.

Wanted to give you all an update about my case. After the interview, my online case status still shows Fingerprint Fee was Received. I called USCIS trying to find out if my case status has changed. She was very nice( the best Tier 1 agent I have ever spoke to). She told me that my Bio has come back and now awaiting IO to approve my case. There is no need to worry. Today I checked my online status( just out of curiosity, not expecting any changes). Out of my surprise, it shows 'New Card is Being Produced.'. I was shocked and also relived that it actually changed. I thought it'll never change and I will just received my card in the mail. In any event, once again, I want to thank everyone here. This forum has helped me a lot and supported me during this long waiting game. Hope you all get your cases approved in the timely fashion. Good Luck!!

Will report/update my timeline once I received my card.
Congratulations on your GC! A quick question on your case. Did you do walk-in for your bio? In your timeline bio appointment is on August 9th.

I also had my interview before my bio and will have to wait until my bio appointment (no walk-in in my ASC field)

Thanks,
GK

You used a work address? That may be the problem. I know for example if it’s an apartment mailbox and doesn’t have the name in it may not get delivered.
No, I used my home address, the original, two days got the approval letter. I meant I was not available in my home if they required a signature because I was working in my office and thought they will keep it in the mail box

No, I used my home address, the original, two days got the approval letter. I meant I was not available in my home if they required a signature because I was working in my office and thought they will keep it in the mail box
Ok, understand. And your name is on the mailbox you use? You’ve received other uscis mail there?
did you call usps, they may still have it at the post office?

Hi everyone,

I had my interview yesterday. It was pretty quick. IO mostly went through security questions and didn't ask for extra documents. I didn't receive a bio letter before my interview, so he printed it out for me. My bio appointment is scheduled on August 16th and they don't accept walk-ins. IO said that after my fingerprints are taken, I can request to talk to him. He also mentioned that he will keep an eye on my case. Fingers crossed all will be fine! Good luck to you all.

GK

Who told you you could use copies for the interview? The instructions are always submit copies in the package but have the originals for interview. Can someone FedEx your birth certificate from Venezuela?
My only birth certificate is in Spain at my parents house. They can DHL it but it would get here on Tuesday