• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Short question (Maybe a bit too little too late to ask, but still) - I'm a DV2021 selectee having an interview scheduled for next week (all documents and medical is done). I claimed the wrong country of chargeability (I listed Latvia (a place where I lived almost all of my life) instead of Russia (where I was born).

I know that normally in case of this kind of error if the country is from the same region, and there's no additional benefit I'm extracting from this error, CO will usually let it pass. But on one other DV-related forum (Russian speaking) a few people mentioned that rules around this topic have changed. I couldn't find any official or reliable source of information for that matter. Does anyone know if that's the case? :) Got me stressed a bit..

Thank you!
Okay, so status update on this: The interview happened today and our application got approved!!! The interviewer didn't even mention the country of chargeability issue. The interview was quick and simple and we've been told that our documents are all good. We should receive our passports back with visas early next week.

Okay, so status update on this: The interview happened today and our application got approved!!! The interviewer didn't even mention the country of chargeability issue. The interview was quick and simple and we've been told that our documents are all good. We should receive our passports back with visas early next week.
Great! Thanks for the feedback. So on this sample of one it appears that the policy hasn’t actually changed. All the best with your move to the US.

I'm applying from UAE so I can answer your questions
Regarding police certificate I used Federal clearance certificate from MOI app cheaper and faster and KCC accepted

Regarding birth certificate keep the old one don't issue a new one ,if the translation is from legal office go forward otherwise translate it from legal office
Hey, I can only get an e-copy not an original cert. Is this okay for the consulate?

Glad to have someone from the same area, yesterday i opened the MOI app, and saw the "Criminal Clearance Certificate" which is the federal option.

and regarding the birthday certificate, it is translated from a legal office (considered one of the oldest offices in Abu Dhabi)
Thank you again for your help
I can only get an email version of my police certificate from Abu Dhabi, was this okay? Did the consulate accept it?

Hi All,

Is there still a chance to get an interview in september or no hope at all ?

My case is always in KCC.

I see on the website all second letters notification for september were sent.

Thanks

Selected for the 2021 DV Lottery

Low case EU25XX
--------
PARIS Consulate
DS-260 sent on 6/21/2021
Documents sent on 6/25/2021

Case ready
Your CN is low but you sent your DS-260 + docs extremely late so there is no way for us to know. Are you actually saying that they already told you that your case is ready for interview or you are hoping to be ready for interview and waiting for your 2NL?

Wait and see with the lawsuit. I don't even know if Paris scheduled any interviews for August/September?

Hi All,
I received a reply to my inquiry I sent in June the said my forms had be received and is currently processing will take a few weeks but the didn’t stop there the went ahead to say they also received my documents but I haven’t received any emails whatsoever since I sent Ds260
My case number is AF30xxx

Hi All,
I received a reply to my inquiry I sent in June the said my forms had be received and is currently processing will take a few weeks but the didn’t stop there the went ahead to say they also received my documents but I haven’t received any emails whatsoever since I sent Ds260
Yep, they said that to me as well last month. I can’t say what that means. Maybe they are working on both at the same time?

Hi All,
Same happened with me.
CN Asia 17k
Ds260 submitted June 7, 2020
Docs submitted February 2021

Your CN is low but you sent your DS-260 + docs extremely late so there is no way for us to know. Are you actually saying that they already told you that your case is ready for interview or you are hoping to be ready for interview and waiting for your 2NL?

Wait and see with the lawsuit. I don't even know if Paris scheduled any interviews for August/September?
Thanks. Yes My case is ready to be scheduled the 29th of june and Paris is working in august and september. Regards,

Hi All,
A quick but important question of those who are not part of any lawsuit like me:

Do you think there will be a class action / a positive decision applicable to all DV21 winners as the result of the ongoing process?

Please write your opinion, what is the chance?

thanks.

Hi All,
A quick but important question of those who are not part of any lawsuit like me:

Do you think there will be a class action / a positive decision applicable to all DV21 winners as the result of the ongoing process?

Please write your opinion, what is the chance?

thanks.
The lawyers are fighting for every one on Dv21 and if it goes through there sure will be preferential treatment for the plaintiffs

Hi @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom
I hope to sponsor my dad and mom. They have the interview in September.
1. They have given a different address in DS260. Can they update the US address at the interview?
2. If they got the VISA they hope to arrive here in February since my father has to finalize his work. But I'm moving out from my apartment at that time and my address will be change. May be to a different state. Could you please tell me how can I handle this? Their GC arriving mail have to update again. Is it a problem at the port of entry ?

Hi @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom
I hope to sponsor my dad and mom. They have the interview in September.
1. They have given a different address in DS260. Can they update the US address at the interview?
2. If they got the VISA they hope to arrive here in February since my father has to finalize his work. But I'm moving out from my apartment at that time and my address will be change. May be to a different state. Could you please tell me how can I handle this? Their GC arriving mail have to update again. Is it a problem at the port of entry ?
Why is this in the DV thread?
Anyway yes they can update both at interview and at POE.

Why is this in the DV thread?
Anyway yes they can update both at interview and at POE.
My father won the DV lottery with me. I'm doing AOS and my father is doing CP. Though my father can show he's not gonna subject to public charge I thought to give him I-134. I'm gonna have my interview in two weeks. If my case approved hope to give my father I-134.

My father won the DV lottery with me. I'm doing AOS and my father is doing CP. Though my father can show he's not gonna subject to public charge I thought to give him I-134. I'm gonna have my interview in two weeks. If my case approved hope to give my father I-134.
1. If I got the GC is there any restriction that new GC holders can't give I-134. Will my status update in the system as soon as I got GC. I have enough income above HHS poverty guideline to sponsor my father and mother.

1. If I got the GC is there any restriction that new GC holders can't give I-134. Will my status update in the system as soon as I got GC. I have enough income above HHS poverty guideline to sponsor my father and mother.
If your income is above the applicable poverty guideline level applicable to your household and that of your parents combined, as evidenced by the required documents to demonstrate that, you can sponsor your father even as a new GC holder. You will need to include a copy of your GC with the supporting documents for the I-134.