• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Yes, Abu Dhabi
Well.. considering Abu Dhabi (UAE) falls under Asia and that the vast majority of people that the local embassy will interview are local residents, it makes perfect sense that there are 20x or whatever AS selectees as EU people who happen to be residing there currently. I am not sure what you mean by "balance", but to me taking interviews in proportion to the resident population is both fair and obvious. What you seem to be asking, for them to go out of their way to find EU selectees to somehow "balance" the numbers would be showing preference rather than being fair.

You say they are processing some EU cases, so there is not a blanket ban on non-Emiratis? Have you had any contact with the embassy?

“Out of the total 9.2 million people who live in UAE, 7.8 million of them are immigrants(McPhillips 2017), that's almost 90% of the population”. It’s true though that there are a lot of people from the Philippines, India (but I guess they cannot participate), Nepal etc
To me it still seems weird why there is such a big discrepancy. I am wondering how they choose who and from which region to invite.. based only on the date they submitted their ds/documents ?
i wrote them.. but as usual, no reply

“Out of the total 9.2 million people who live in UAE, 7.8 million of them are immigrants(McPhillips 2017), that's almost 90% of the population”. It’s true though that there are a lot of people from the Philippines, India (but I guess they cannot participate), Nepal etc
To me it still seems weird why there is such a big discrepancy. I am wondering how they choose who and from which region to invite.. based only on the date they submitted their ds/documents ?
i wrote them.. but as usual, no reply
There are 282 selectees just from UAE itself and you said what they have processed 80 from all AS?

I think it is quite obvious how they “choose” to invite people. Numbers current, DQ, go ahead in order of the first then the second. You said you were DQ in March this year, so there are potentially 8 months’ worth of people DQ from as far back as June or July last year ahead of you in the queue.

Fwiw no European country is big enough to be noted separately here in breakdown of foreign population in uae but of those are, Iran, Egypt, Nepal and Sri Lanka - all DV eligible and falling under AS - are 15% of the population. I’m sure many smaller countries too. It’s just how the numbers are , no conspiracy against Europeans.

Fwiw no European country is big enough to be noted separately here in breakdown of foreign population in uae but of those are, Iran, Egypt, Nepal and Sri Lanka - all DV eligible and falling under AS - are 15% of the population. I’m sure many smaller countries too. It’s just how the numbers are , no conspiracy against Europeans.

Sorry I realized an error here, Egypt falls under AF not AS!

Hello, I and my wife are 2021AS5XXX winners, we had an interview on 6th April 2021 in Singapore and after that, they put us on administrative processing since 8th June 2021 that lasts for more than 2 months already.

Please advise how can we push the embassy to process our case (finish the administrative processing and make a desicion) as we are worried about the coming deadline.

Msil

I know one case, they had the interview in April and there visa was issued only these days.

It was not a real AP, they did not have to provide any additional documents, they had a successful interview but still took forever to get their stamped passports.

Msil

I know one case, they had the interview in April and there visa was issued only these days.

It was not a real AP, they did not have to provide any additional documents, they had a successful interview but still took forever to get their stamped passports.
You have no way of verifying if the AP was real or not. AP is not just about missing documents. Pending background check clearance also results in AP. Yes, additional checks gets conducted at the end of the interview (with the captured biometrics during the interview). It wouldn’t be unusual for some cases to get stuck in AP because of this.

And a person is considered to have had a successful interview only after they receive their passport back with the visa stamp.

You have no way of verifying if the AP was real or not. AP is not just about missing documents. Pending background check clearance also results in AP. Yes, additional checks gets conducted at the end of the interview (with the captured biometrics during the interview). It wouldn’t be unusual for some cases to get stuck in AP because of this.

And a person is considered to have had a successful interview only after they receive their passport back with the visa stamp.
I mean they were not told anything about additional checks. CO told them everything was ok and wished them good luck traveling to the USA.

I mean they were not told anything about additional checks. CO told them everything was ok and wished them good luck traveling to the USA.
The COs do not tell applicants about additional checks, however conducting the additional check is standard practice, regardless of what the CO says at the end of the interview.

But if it took “forever” to get their stamped passports it does imply there were further checks going on. COs do not tell applicants everything they will need to do and also they do sometimes discover things after the interview, we have seen a number of cases where people are told things look fine then go on extended AP or even sometimes denied.

Hey guys! Is anyone having issues accessing the check status DV webpage? It gives me this error (we’re trying to check for a friend of mine that got an email today saying there was an update, but neither of us can access the website and we have tried from several different places)

FC20E040-AE01-428B-9E57-99537A40248E.png

Hi Everybody! (CN: 2021eu36xxx)

I just got an e-mail from the KCC that I'm DQ! :D

To be honest I lost hope this week, but what do you think is it still a chance to be interviewed till the end of September?

Thank you!

Hi Everybody! (CN: 2021eu36xxx)

I just got an e-mail from the KCC that I'm DQ! :D

To be honest I lost hope this week, but what do you think is it still a chance to be interviewed till the end of September?

Thank you!
I just got the 2NL a few hours ago, interview date 24th of August. That is in 11 days!!! (CN EU19XXX)

I'm pretty worried the medical check won't be on time, first line of the embassy FAQ says it has to be 10 days in advance to the interview. My question is HOW??? Any experience anyone with such tight dates?

I just got the 2NL a few hours ago, interview date 24th of August. That is in 11 days!!! (CN EU19XXX)

I'm pretty worried the medical check won't be on time, first line of the embassy FAQ says it has to be 10 days in advance to the interview. My question is HOW??? Any experience anyone with such tight dates?
@Britsimon check this mess out! Scheduling people with 11 days notice! Lol

Worst case you go on AP till they get the medical result. Yay for the interview!