• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

hi ray what is ur case no? Iam also from Dv 2021.. We have a facebook group fr dv 2021 winners in SL.. do u like to join? If so pls put ur facebook link
HI friend ,
you better have your own local union privately, not advisable to post those link and awareness in a public forum ,

Any ideas guys with the current situation? Does Biden say anything regarding this travel ban for immigrants?

He extended untill March 31th.But I think Biden will remove it after 20th of January .we have to wait and see .

Hi There, I am an ex-military person who is not in active service now and got discharge. I was able to obtain a US visitor visa during my stay in New Zealand in 2018 but I did not mention my military history, honestly, I kept it hide from them. When I submit DS 260 from Sri Lanka does it essential to mention military history? though it's essential I can't because already they have my DS 160 records as I never work for the military. My question is if I keep continues this as a secret, will us embassy in Srilanka will be able to find out it. I do have clear police clearance, no criminal records, never been sentenced to jail or prison. I need help from someone, yes indeed I did fraud it's because of my situation, actually, I flew to NZ as a protected person who seeks shelter there for political revenge during 2015, so I couldn't expose my military data to US
facebook.com/wasantha.jayalth

Hi There, I am an ex-military person who is not in active service now and got discharge. I was able to obtain a US visitor visa during my stay in New Zealand in 2018 but I did not mention my military history, honestly, I kept it hide from them. When I submit DS 260 from Sri Lanka does it essential to mention military history? though it's essential I can't because already they have my DS 160 records as I never work for the military. My question is if I keep continues this as a secret, will us embassy in Srilanka will be able to find out it. I do have clear police clearance, no criminal records, never been sentenced to jail or prison. I need help from someone, yes indeed I did fraud it's because of my situation, actually, I flew to NZ as a protected person who seeks shelter there for political revenge during 2015, so I couldn't expose my military data to US
Yes, it is essential. If you feel you cannot tell the truth on the form best to not apply, and let your selection lapse.

Yes. Absolutely essential to disclose the information if you wish to obtain a GC from the US government.

I just have to ask, why would you hide such information? If you served in the Sri Lankan military and not in any of the FTOs then it's not a problem... I served in the Israeli military (mandatory here) and I obviously mentioned it in my DS-260 including every weapon I was ever trained on - there was no issue whatsoever.
Unfortunately I can't see any way you would have a good outcome either way. You would either commit fraud again if you lie on your DS-260 (which would cause you GC to be revoked in the good scenario or have you criminally sentenced in the worse scenario) or you would be honest this time but would be found to have lied previously. I would honestly just abandon the whole application if I were you.

Last edited:
I just have to ask, why would you hide such information? If you served in the Sri Lankan military and not in any of the FTOs then it's not a problem... I served in the Israeli military (mandatory here) and I obviously mentioned it in my DS-260 including every weapon I was ever trained on - there was no issue whatsoever.
Unfortunately I can't see any way you would have a good outcome either way. You would either commit fraud again if you lie on your DS-260 (which would cause you GC to be revoked in the good scenario or have you criminally sentenced in the worse scenario) or you would be honest this time but would be found to have lied previously. I would honestly just abandon the whole application if I were you.
No, I want to tell them the truth, but the problem is I have already lied once on DS 160 and I obtained a US Visitor visa so this time they may question me why did I do that and reject my application. that is my problem, apart from that nothing to hide. I don't want to lose this once in a blue moon chance. Do you think is it better to hire an immigration lawyer and asked him to handle the case with honesty