• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

No, I want to tell them the truth, but the problem is I have already lied once on DS 160 and I obtained a US Visitor visa so this time they may question me why did I do that and reject my application. that is my problem, apart from that nothing to hide. I don't want to lose this once in a blue moon chance. Do you think is it better to hire an immigration lawyer and asked him to handle the case with honesty
What difference is a lawyer going to make? Charge you money for filling in what you tell him in a form? Tell the truth now, and if they ask you in the interview why you lied on the ds160 be honest about it, and hope for the best. There’s really not much else you can do if you want to try for this chance.

What difference is a lawyer going to make? Charge you money for filling in what you tell him in a form? Tell the truth now, and if they ask you in the interview why you lied on the ds160 be honest about it, and hope for the best. There’s really not much else you can do if you want to try for this chance.
Totally agree.

It's mandatory to have an I-134 for interviews at Colombo embassy. Complete instructions here: lk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/149/DV-Check-list-sept-2018.pdf

I have a sponsor.
what do I need to do, if I don't have anyone in the US to sponsor me?

Yes. That's good decisions I am going to tell them the truth and I can give the NZ protected person granted letter, visa, and other data as evidence to prove I have cheated in DS 160, let them decide. Thanks to you all for the great advice.

Hi Everyone, I'm a DV 2022 Winner 2022AS16***. Hope you guys can shed some light as I was planning to get married in this coming December. Will it mess up my entry? Should I wait till I get married to submit DS-260? Appreciate your inputs.

Hi Everyone, I'm a DV 2022 Winner 2022AS16***. Hope you guys can shed some light as I was planning to get married in this coming December. Will it mess up my entry? Should I wait till I get married to submit DS-260? Appreciate your inputs.
If you want your new spouse to join you you may as well wait to submit the DS260. A general recommendation would be to move the marriage forward if you can, but December is still fine for submitting documents and getting everything processed in time. You will likely be asked to show evidence of a bona fide relationship at your interview, given the timing of the marriage.

Thanks for the
If you want your new spouse to join you you may as well wait to submit the DS260. A general recommendation would be to move the marriage forward if you can, but December is still fine for submitting documents and getting everything processed in time. You will likely be asked to show evidence of a bona fide relationship at your interview, given the timing of the marriage.
Thanks for the input, Might as well get married in the coming months get all the legal documents required and moving forward would be the ideal choice it seems. :rolleyes:

Hello Everyone,

I'm a DV 2022 Winner 2022AS20***. I am bit perplexed these days since I have a high case number. I kindly request if anyone can enlighten regarding DV 2021 situation., whether high case numbers such as mine have been called for interviews ?

TIA

Hello Everyone,

I'm a DV 2022 Winner 2022AS20***. I am bit perplexed these days since I have a high case number. I kindly request if anyone can enlighten regarding DV 2021 situation., whether high case numbers such as mine have been called for interviews ?

TIA
It’s not really relevant if your dv21 “equivalent” interviews. This has been a very abnormal year. Britsimonsays website has a page with history of which case numbers went current.

One more question appreciate your feedbacks.

When entering the lottery you have to enter your First Name, Last Name and middle Name. Therefore I filled as below (Adding a fictional name that can relate the scenario)
Last Family Name - Fernando
First Name - Sampath
Middle Name - Kelum

But assume my full name goes as Hetti Arachchige Kelum Sampath Fernando, "Hetti Arachchige" part was not mentioned when applying since it was not my first name neither my middle nor last name. Will it be a problem? I will be adding that in the DS 260 under other names used. I hope most of the Sri Lankans have faced this issue with our long names.

TIA

One more question appreciate your feedbacks.

When entering the lottery you have to enter your First Name, Last Name and middle Name. Therefore I filled as below (Adding a fictional name that can relate the scenario)
Last Family Name - Fernando
First Name - Sampath
Middle Name - Kelum

But assume my full name goes as Hetti Arachchige Kelum Sampath Fernando, "Hetti Arachchige" part was not mentioned when applying since it was not my first name neither my middle nor last name. Will it be a problem? I will be adding that in the DS 260 under other names used. I hope most of the Sri Lankans have faced this issue with our long names.

TIA
I faced the same issue. The sequence of the names as per DS 260 and Dv lottery is confusing. Have anyone got through with such issues ?

Kindly reply ( in Sri Lankan Context)

1. What Should I choose for 13 yrs. School Education in DS-260 form - (High School Diploma or any other - G.C.E A/Level)
( Though I have University degree as highest qualification)

2. What Do I answer for this, I have the medical card which all sri lankan receives at their birth with some vaccination details, but not sure it satisfies the U.S Law requirement
" Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S Law?" " Yes/No"

Hi,
I am DV2022 winner,
Is there any forum for DV 2022, Sri Lan
Hello Everyone,

TIA
pls contact me

My husband and I entered for the fourth time this year and I have been selected for further processing. We are from Sri Lanka and our case number is 2021AS00026XXX. Anyone have any idea what our chances are with a case number in this range? Thank you for your kind consideration.
PLS CONTACT ME we have 2021 dv group on Massenger

Reactions: MNE
Hello,

I am DV lottery winner for 2022. I need help for filling my ds 260. We have stayed at annexes for 5 years after my marriage. But we usually visit our home on regular basis and spend the weekend there. We do not have any rent agreements for any of the annexes as well.

My question is do we have to list these temporary places under our "previous addresses" ? I am confused regarding this since if we are going to get a police clearance would this be a matter. Since many do not know us in this area as we are staying in this annex.

Please be kind enough to provide a solution for this.

TIA