• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

Bro we are in August already, when is ur interview date? At circle u pick labadi( la) car. Drop at danquah circle and pic a taxi to American embassy. Akai is near the embassy when u ask those sellers opposite the embassy . Best of luck bro.
Its next month

Thank you very much comrades.
Is there any final tips or advice for me and my wife since our interview is in a week time

In no particular order but the following could be helpful:

1. Be confident

2. Tell the truth

3. Go with as many supporting documents as possible that proves your relationship and qualification for the visa.

4. Get to the consulate on time.

5. Arrange your documents in an organised manner (eg. All educational documents in one one envelope or file) for easy reach out when called.

6. Go over all supporting documents a day prior to the interview.

7. Pray before the interview, it has a way of exuding confidence if you believe in prayer.

8. DO NOT mix currencies meant for payment of visa fees (i.e. GHS and $), maintain ONLY one set of currency.

9. Look into the CO's eye when talking to him/her and keep an inviting smile at all times.

10. Do not shake when further or additional questions are asked on a particular issue, just relax and answer confidently.

11. If under tension, take in periodic and slow breath-ins and outs in an almost hideous way.

12. go with the mindset of coming home with the good news!!

Cheers!!

In no particular order but the following could be helpful:

1. Be confident

2. Tell the truth

3. Go with as many supporting documents as possible that proves your relationship and qualification for the visa.

4. Get to the consulate on time.

5. Arrange your documents in an organised manner (eg. All educational documents in one one envelope or file) for easy reach out when called.

6. Go over all supporting documents a day prior to the interview.

7. Pray before the interview, it has a way of exuding confidence if you believe in prayer.

8. DO NOT mix currencies meant for payment of visa fees (i.e. GHS and $), maintain ONLY one set of currency.

9. Look into the CO's eye when talking to him/her and keep an inviting smile at all times.

10. Do not shake when further or additional questions are asked on a particular issue, just relax and answer confidently.

11. If under tension, take in periodic and slow breath-ins and outs in an almost hideous way.

12. go with the mindset of coming home with the good news!!

Cheers!!
Thank you Nero
Am much greatful and may God give us a very simple CO

A very big thank you to you all with your comments and answers. I have left Ghana and arrived safely. I checked in last Saturday at DFW airport in Dallas, TX via Lisbon and JFK, New York. It was quite an experience since I had not traveled out Africa hitherto. Currently I am studying the Texas Driver's Handbook in preparation for my written test. So far so good. I was lucky enough to have a fellow Ghanaian rent me part of his apartment in Grand Prairie (I will start paying next month). My SS number has not yet arrived, so I am in ADIDAS mode as they say in Ghana.

A very big thank you to you all with your comments and answers. I have left Ghana and arrived safely. I checked in last Saturday at DFW airport in Dallas, TX via Lisbon and JFK, New York. It was quite an experience since I had not traveled out Africa hitherto. Currently I am studying the Texas Driver's Handbook in preparation for my written test. So far so good. I was lucky enough to have a fellow Ghanaian rent me part of his apartment in Grand Prairie (I will start paying next month). My SS number has not yet arrived, so I am in ADIDAS mode as they say in Ghana.
Good luck!

Great!
Welcome

Welcome to the land of opportunities, for your NSS in 2weeks automatically u will receive it at ur host address, all the best

Too Good to read. God willing, my interview is next week.
May God ease it for us so that we can also join you soon