• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

Dv 2019 all over, wishing all of us who got the visas a successful life in the US. And to those who couldn't made it to the interview, we say better luck next time.

Good morning, please I have a question that needs alil clarification.
An IR0 green card holder (Parent of adult U.S. citizen) stays out of U.S more than two years due to old age health complications but wants to return. Since he has stayed out of US for more than a year and it's assumed he has abandoned his residency, can he use his unexpired B1/B2 visa to reenter?

Note he gained his IR0 green card whiles in the state.
Thanks

Good morning, please I have a question that needs alil clarification.
An IR0 green card holder (Parent of adult U.S. citizen) stays out of U.S more than two years due to old age health complications but wants to return. Since he has stayed out of US for more than a year and it's assumed he has abandoned his residency, can he use his unexpired B1/B2 visa to reenter?

Note he gained his IR0 green card whiles in the state.
Thanks

No he cannot use his B1/B2 visa to reenter and live in the US. B1/B2 is for short temporary visits.

By the way, if his B1/B2 was issued before he got his GC, that visa has since been canceled in the system upon his becoming a GC holder. It is no longer valid.

No he cannot use his B1/B2 visa to reenter and live in the US. B1/B2 is for short temporary visits.

By the way, if his B1/B2 was issued before he got his GC, that visa has since been canceled in the system upon his becoming a GC holder. It is no longer valid.
Oh okk.. thank you very much.

From above discussions, y'all mean I can't apply if I had E8 in core mathematics? I've furthered tho, I'm offering diploma IT