• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

Plss mom...one more question. My girl friend is pregnant and will probably give birth in july. I want to marry her after she gives birth. Will it cause any problem if i petition for both of them after the marriage or i should inform the embassy as soon as she gives birth??

Petitioning to go with them or for them to follow at a later date?

Plss mom...one more question. My girl friend is pregnant and will probably give birth in july. I want to marry her after she gives birth. Will it cause any problem if i petition for both of them after the marriage or i should inform the embassy as soon as she gives birth??

It’s rather late for them to benefit from your DV selection. You’ll have to be in the US as a LPR in order to petition for them - this is currently like a two to two and half years process.

It’s rather late for them to benefit from your DV selection. You’ll have to be in the US as a LPR in order to petition for them - this is currently like a two to two and half years process.
i know but i wanted to ask if after two years ....wont they see it as fraud...am i supposed to inform the embassy as soon as my baby is born ....or i can wait for 2 years if i want to petition for them then i inform the embassy??

i know but i wanted to ask if after two years ....wont they see it as fraud...am i supposed to inform the embassy as soon as my baby is born ....or i can wait for 2 years if i want to petition for them then i inform the embassy??

No you don’t inform the embassy. You petition from the US when you’re ready. That doesn’t constitute a fraudulent attempt.

Wwooww...thanks mom....it was really bothering me....dont want any fraudulent issues with the us of a. Thank you once again. You are a life saver

We are still not married and besides the baby is not yet born soo there was nothing i could have done about it

You could have gone ahead and gotten married while waiting for the baby before your CN became current (unless your culture requires a woman to give birth first before getting married). If you had done that, you both would have been able to enter the US with the baby (after baby’s birth) and the baby would have received a LPR status at the POE.

I tried ..i went to see the parent but they told me according to custom . A lady cant marry whiles pregnant soo i should wait till she gives birth before they give me the list for the wedding....soo i had no choice dan to leave them behind since marriage was the only way to prove at the embassy that we are together

I tried ..i went to see the parent but they told me according to custom . A lady cant marry whiles pregnant soo i should wait till she gives birth before they give me the list for the wedding....soo i had no choice dan to leave them behind since marriage was the only way to prove at the embassy that we are together
Can u please tell us which instructions the lady u talked about didn't follow that led to her denial?

*Raymond*

*Interview experience at accra embassy*

I came to accra a day before the interview just to come and relax and prepare myself since it was a long journey from my place to accra. I woke up around 3.30am and took a car from kasoa to circle and continued with a taxi to the embassy. I got to the embassy around 5am.. At about 7am, we formed a queue and were ushered by a police man to the gate of the embassy. They checked our appointment letter and we went to the scanning room. Our document and body was scanned and we proceeded to the main hall. At the hall a lady took our appointment letter and sent it to the boot 13. All dv applicant were called and briefed about the whole process and also the dollar to cedi rate. We were told to go to the cashier.... since i read extensively from the embassy website i knew the correct exchange rate amount to send. I was the first person to pay and submit my receipt . A lady then called me and took my documents as follows
2NL
DS-260 CONFIRMATION PAGE
POLICE REPORT
MEDICALS
2 US SIZED PASSPORT PHOTO
BIRTH CERT AND A COPY
EDUCATIONAL CERT AND COPIES
I was told to sit and that they will call me. After 20 minute i was the first to be called by the lady at boot 3.

And the interview went like

CO- raise up ur hand and swear.bla blabla
Me - i swear

CO-are you married?
Me- No

CO- do you have any children?
Me- i answered

CO- when did you complete shs?
Me-i answered

CO- what did u do after shs?
Me- i continued to the polytechnic

All this while she was busy typing and checking something on her computer which i suspected that she was verifying my result from waec..after some time she finally said.
CO- congratulations am aproving you. Go for your visa in 2 to 3 weeks time and am giving you this paper blablabla ....i wasnt listening again... I was soo happy inside but didnt show it on my face. I got out of the embassy walking and praising God in my head. Please comrades... God is not the solution...preparation is and always be consistent in all your documents. And dont forget to pray because God is your last document at the interview. He gives favor but God doesnt change wrong document for people. Pray all you want but if your documents cant qualify you. Then forget.

A big thank you to his excellency britsimon for his immense help. What could i have done if it wasnt for brit,s page. I knew nothing about dvlottery but right now i think am an expect all because of brit. A big thank you too goes to suzzyqqq and s1smom for thier support ....they helped and explained everything to me beautifully. Frank boakye...thank you very much ...u helped me a lot too bro ...am grateful. Magicman ...i see u bro
congrats once again

Why Was your lady friend denied
Those who were there today...i was the first guy wearing the white top who got interviewed by the lady CO. A lady friend of mine was denied all because she couldnt follow simple instructions but decided to pray....Gods favor is upon all of us....believers and unbelievers alike...put it into your head that no one is special in Gods eyes.. we are all equal...let learn to do the right thing always and allow prayer to be the icing on the cake.

I was approved last Tuesday but all my documents ( original) were given to me, and took the photocopied ones, and immediately put on AP.
What is the outcome for not keeping the original but rather copied documents?.

I was approved last Tuesday but all my documents ( original) were given to me, and took the photocopied ones, and immediately put on AP.
What is the outcome for not keeping the original but rather copied documents?.

The embassy is not supposed to keep the original documents, if they do you wouldn’t get them back ever.

My wife is a dv winner and she is one of the nurses they have just posted. She has not gotten her appointment letter yet from the Ghana health service. Can we indicate that she is a nurse? Though she has her cert from NMC. thank you