1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Sm1smom, May 2, 2017.

1. F1_DV2018

F1_DV2018 Member

Mom, sure, I will write a long post about our experience. But I would like to receive GC first and then write about our AOS journey.

Thank you. You're doing really amazing job, providing assistance to everybody on this forum and answering to the same questions again and again!
    I really cannot imagine my AOS without your help! Thank you!:)

2. ph1ll1ipswaya

ph1ll1ipswaya Member

Thanks a lot for your help Mom!

3. asarrion

asarrion New Member

Hi Mom! Our number is current for May based on today's VB, so we are planning to send everything tomorrow.
    We were going through a final check and have one last question regarding the evidence of financial support. Even if the new i485 says these documents are not required, we are following your tip and including them in the package. This means the bank statement and the 3 last tax returns. At some point, we looked in the forum for questions/answers about the I-134 and we reasoned that there was no need for that document since we did not have a separate sponsor. And now we were trying to reinforce that but we don't find the right post in the forum. Assuming that we have nice savings and 2 jobs, is there need to have that I134?
    Thanks!

4. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

An I-134 will not be required if your current annual income meets the poverty guideline level applicable to your family.

5. asarrion

asarrion New Member

We meet, and that was the answer we were looking for :) Thanks for your help!

6. MBK

MBK New Member

Thank you for the response.

I am not from travel ban countries. I am not sure about background check because the officer told me that application is in field office (He said, 'application is here') and it is in queue for interview on Jan 16. I guessed that my background check was cleared. He also told that he will email administrative officer so that my interview can be scheduled for next lot.

I will do as you suggested. Will schedule one more info pass and verify about my background check (Do they give that information?) before going for congressional inquiry.

I have application from my employer and I-140 is pending, I am suspecting that they might have confused dv based I-485 with employment based, because employment based generally takes time due to no limitation of time.

7. Akramjoon

Akramjoon Member

Hi MOM, Do you think being from those countries ca cause a delay in the progress?

8. Akramjoon

Akramjoon Member

Hi everyone, I did my fingerprint in 31st Jan and I was current in Feb. I am still waiting for interview letter. Do you think it is getting too long or is a usual period?
    Thanks

9. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Your application being at your FO really isn’t conclusive proof your background has cleared. The NBC normally forwards the AOS petition once the bio gets scheduled and regardless of if the bio has taken place or not, talk less of if the background check has cleared or is pending. I’m more inclined to think your FO is yet to schedule an interview because your background check is pending. It is one of the specific questions you should be asking when you go on an INFOPASS.

I’m also certain your FO isn’t mixing your DV AOS petition with the employment based one. There are color codings used to differentiate the different AOS petitions by the Lockbox before they get forwarded to the NBC and subsequently to the applicable FO.

10. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

That possibility cannot be ruled out.

11. MBK

MBK New Member

Thank you Mom,

And also he mentioned that application is awaiting interview on January 16. This may indicate the clearance of background? or it is marked awaiting interview as it reached FO?

12. student007

student007 New Member

according to timeline it takes at least one month and up to three month after bio to receive the interview date, so I think these are normal. right??

13. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Application is considered awaiting interview when it gets to the FO. The FO doesn’t do any other processing.

14. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

My post which you quoted is not in alignment with whatever it is you’re asking about, so I don’t quite get your question.

15. Akramjoon

Akramjoon Member

I asked, my fingerprint was 31st Jan and I am still waiting for interview letter.I was current in Feb.I know I should be patient but I got panic today that it is getting long or is a normal period?

16. F1_DV2018

F1_DV2018 Member

I did my bio in mid December and got letter in February (almost 2 months later). As you can see, you waiting period is normal.

17. Snaydsa

Snaydsa Member

Hello Sm1smom,

I did the bio on February 20th. Kindly, how can I know which FO is handling my case?

Thank you

18. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

1. Rule of online posting: Don’t quote a previous post unless it is related to the question you’re about to ask. You don’t need to quote MY post to get MY attention IF that post has no bearing to your questions.

2. If you look at the Timeline spreadsheet, you’ll have seen the average wait time. So yes, you need to exercise some patience, you only filed on Jan. 31st, today is Mar. 14th - your processing time so far is still normal.

19. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

20. Akramjoon

Akramjoon Member