• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

go read the guidance sheet. that will answer all of your questions. you can find it in the first page of this topic. you will be able to file about two month before the time you become current (as soon as you see your number in the table).
Thank you. Which table do u mean.

You haven’t asked any specific question, you’ve only stated what you’re thinking so I don’t know precisely what issue I’m supposed to help you with. You need to ask specific questions in order to get the right guidance.
Thank you. Can I send my form to USCIS two months earlier before my number become current to avoid any delay that may happen. Thanks mom

Thank you. Can I send my form to USCIS two months earlier before my number become current to avoid any delay that may happen. Thanks mom

You may send your AOS package upto 2 months in advance before the actual month your CN is listed as being current on the VB. Meaning if the VB released in April shows your CN as current in June for instance, you may send in your AOS petition in April.

Hello Mom and Everyone:
Re i485-page 10-part 8-item 17: Have you ever violated the terms or conditions of your non-immigrant visa?
When I was student in the US in 2004, there was a requirement to report to the CB office at the airport before traveling (such requirement does not exist anymore). I didn't pay attention to that requirement the first time I traveled for vacation. When I came back, I was questioned for about an hour about the failure to report before traveling. At the end, I was pardoned and let in. I traveled a couple of times after that incident, and there was no problem re-entering the US.
I have applied and obtained a B2 and F2 visas since I left the US 10 years ago. If I was asked in the NIV application if I have "ever violated ...non-immigrant visa", I must have responded No, because I totally forgot about that incident.
I am recalling that incident now that I am filling in i485.
1. Does the incident qualify for a Yes/violated answer?
2. Could the i485 be rejected because of a "yes" answer, without even getting to the interview?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Hello Mom and Everyone:
Re i485-page 10-part 8-item 17: Have you ever violated the terms or conditions of your non-immigrant visa?
When I was student in the US in 2004, there was a requirement to report to the CB office at the airport before traveling (such requirement does not exist anymore). I didn't pay attention to that requirement the first time I traveled for vacation. When I came back, I was questioned for about an hour about the failure to report before traveling. At the end, I was pardoned and let in. I traveled a couple of times after that incident, and there was no problem re-entering the US.
I have applied and obtained a B2 and F2 visas since I left the US 10 years ago. If I was asked in the NIV application if I have "ever violated ...non-immigrant visa", I must have responded No, because I totally forgot about that incident.
I am recalling that incident now that I am filling in i485.
1. Does the incident qualify for a Yes/violated answer?
2. Could the i485 be rejected because of a "yes" answer, without even getting to the interview?

Thank you for your help.

1. Yes
2. Not likely. But even if that were a possibility, you’re still required to truthfully answer the questions on the form.

Put the expired visa stamp number. The information being sought is for the actual visa used in entering the US, not your current status.
Hi Mom,

One more question on this. I assume based on the above this also means that I use my I-94 arrival number that is now expired to fill in this section of the form and just include a copy of the updated I-94 that is part of my I-797?

Hi Mom,

One more question on this. I assume based on the above this also means that I use my I-94 arrival number that is now expired to fill in this section of the form and just include a copy of the updated I-94 that is part of my I-797?

Yes to both.

Hi All,

I did my interview last Friday .

No updates in my status on line , still says Fingerprints received

Is that okay ?

Congrats !! We got a one too, does it say "initial interview" on the letter like ours ? "Initial Interview" means there are other follow up interviews ? I am confused.

What you got is a generic IL used by your FO. There’s no follow up interview for DV based AOS petitions.

Hello Mom,

I had second info-pass 2 weeks ago. It was quite helpful unlike previous one, and he understood time and frequency limitation of DV, and he also promised to email to the the administrative people who look over sending interview letter. He also informed that my application is awaiting interview. But still I haven't received letter yet. I have few questions:

1) I am thinking of going for congressional inquiry, is that good to go for now or i should wait for some time?

2) I did some research on inquiry, it says there are option of house of representative and senate. Since, it suggests to go for only one which is better house of rep, or senate?

3) Officer told me that after I get interview letter, my case will be valid even if it passes fiscal year. Is that true, or I misunderstood?

(My case was current on November, I send application on second week of October, had biometric on Nov 9. My FO is Baltimore)

Hello Mom,

I had second info-pass 2 weeks ago. It was quite helpful unlike previous one, and he understood time and frequency limitation of DV, and he also promised to email to the the administrative people who look over sending interview letter. He also informed that my application is awaiting interview. But still I haven't received letter yet. I have few questions:

1) I am thinking of going for congressional inquiry, is that good to go for now or i should wait for some time?

2) I did some research on inquiry, it says there are option of house of representative and senate. Since, it suggests to go for only one which is better house of rep, or senate?

3) Officer told me that after I get interview letter, my case will be valid even if it passes fiscal year. Is that true, or I misunderstood?

(My case was current on November, I send application on second week of October, had biometric on Nov 9. My FO is Baltimore)

You did confirm if you background check has cleared or is still pending? Are you from Iran or one of those countries currently under the travel ban?

1. You may do a congressional inquiry now if you like, assuming the delay you’re experiencing isn’t due to a pending background check since the congressional inquiry will make no difference to that. Although I would wait until and do another infopass before a congressional inquiry if I was in your shoes.

2. House of rep is preferable - they’re usually more receptive to doing immigration case follow ups.

3. Nope, not true. All DV cases must be approved by Sept 30th of their applicable FY. As a matter of fact, if your interview were to take place before Sept. 30th but no decision was made by that date, your case will no longer be valid, no GC will be issued.

Today I got I-797. IMG_3601.JPG
Hope, everything looks good, but online status is the same "Fingerprint Fee Was Received".:(

Does CEAC status change in case of AOS after approval? Still it shows "At NVC". Or it changes only for CP cases?

Yes, all of us received these forms. Interview was conducted on 03/08.

It would have been nice if you returned to the forum to let us know your wife successfully interviewed with you considering the concerns you had about the letter from your FO, or should I say the potential issue you almost created for yourself. Posting about your interview experience could have benefited others. The success of this forum can only be maintained when people share of their experience too, not just to show up and ask questions when they need assistance.

Anyways, congratulations. The notice means you’re approved. Your GC should show up in a couple of days.