• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

I need to send the $330 fee to the DOS. Does it take as much as 4 weeks? I can submit my package now but 4 weeks is worrying me. How long does it take in average?

Thank you for your prompt response. I am getting Hartford, CT for my zip code.
1. So, are cases systematically processed by the closest FO? is it possible that some cases get sent to other FOs due to workload?
2. I am asking, as Hartford FO is not accepting infopasses starting March 19th. Since I did my bio on the 20th of last month, I wanted to give them a month before attempting an infopass. Now I can no longer do that. In this situation, what is the best channel to inquire about where my application is standing?

Thank you for all your support.

Thank you for your prompt response. I am getting Hartford, CT for my zip code.
1. So, are cases systematically processed by the closest FO? is it possible that some cases get sent to other FOs due to workload?
2. I am asking, as Hartford FO is not accepting infopasses starting March 19th. Since I did my bio on the 20th of last month, I wanted to give them a month before attempting an infopass. Now I can no longer do that. In this situation, what is the best channel to inquire about where my application is standing?

Thank you for all your support.

1. Your FO is assigned based on your home address, you already know this. Your petition stays with your FO until they’re ready to adjudicate.

2. https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-102#post-2471471

What has that post got to do with your case? Is your CN current?
Thank you mom not yet but this post attract my attention because the process get times around 4 weeks and I would like to know if I have to wait 4 weeks in order to send AOS or not.

Thank you mom not yet but this post attract my attention because the process get times around 4 weeks and I would like to know if I have to wait 4 weeks in order to send AOS or not.

This is an obvious indication you haven’t bothered to read the AOS process spreadsheet which I’ve referred you to a couple of times to help you understand the process. If you’re not going to invest some time and use the tool you’ve already been provided with, then I can’t help you.

Someone is asking how long it takes to get payment receipt to which I gave an average processing time. You jumped into the conversation to ask if you should send your AOS package now or wait for 4 weeks when your CN is not even current.

Go read the bloody spreadsheet!!!

This is an obvious indication you haven’t bothered to read the AOS process spreadsheet which I’ve referred you to a couple of times to help you understand the process. If you’re not going to invest some time and use the tool you’ve already been provided with, then I can’t help you.

Someone is asking how long it takes to get payment receipt to which I gave an average processing time. You jumped into the conversation to ask if you should send your AOS package now or wait for 4 weeks when your CN is not even current.

Go read the bloody spreadsheet!!!
Thank you mom. Your answetr is I have to wait 4 weeks until I get the receipt from them then I will included in the package AOS. I read the spreadsheet but didn’t say the approximate time is one month. Can I pay to them 330$ now then I will safe time when Orgnize my package Aos on July and my number hopefully get current on July ?. Thank you mom I really appreciate your help and time ❤️

I need to send the $330 fee to the DOS. Does it take as much as 4 weeks? I can submit my package now but 4 weeks is worrying me. How long does it take in average?
From the time that I sent the money until receiving the receipt took 16 days exactly. I used USPS priority mail both for sending and receiving. I think in general it takes less than 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Thank you mom. Your answetr is I have to wait 4 weeks until I get the receipt from them then I will included in the package AOS. I read the spreadsheet but didn’t say the approximate time is one month. Can I pay to them 330$ now then I will safe time when Orgnize my package Aos on July and my number hopefully get current on July ?. Thank you mom I really appreciate your help and time ❤️
Yes, you can pay the $330 now.

You should make the payment in advance ONLY if you’re certain your CN will become current. The payment is none refundable, so if you pay and your CN does not become current, you loose the fee.

Thank you for your help.

I managed to go for an infopass today. I just came out.

The IO mentioned that my case is at the FO and is under review. I asked if that meant that backgound checks were completed. She answered that cases are at the FO and under review only when all the processing is done, and that next step is scheduling an interview or making a decision without an interview.
Does this make sense please? I am checking with you because I read in some posts, that some applicants got interviewed while their background checks were still pending.

Thank you

Hi Mom, i just want to make sure if I can I do AOS?
i was Selected for DV 2018, already submitted ds260 and received 2nl, paid dv fee for me and my husband and received receipt too.
i was f1 to start with and on january 24 , 2015 my opt ead expired, and applied tps on june 25, 2015 and my tps approved on august 27, 2015 and since then i have been maintaining TPS status. My lawyer says its okay to do AOS, but i still have doubts.

Hi Mom, i just want to make sure if I can I do AOS?
i was Selected for DV 2018, already submitted ds260 and received 2nl, paid dv fee for me and my husband and received receipt too.
i was f1 to start with and on january 24 , 2015 my opt ead expired, and applied tps on june 25, 2015 and my tps approved on august 27, 2015 and since then i have been maintaining TPS status. My lawyer says its okay to do AOS, but i still have doubts.

You were no longer in a valid status when you applied for TPS? It doesn’t seem to me like you’re eligible to process AOS. Of course I’m not a lawyer, so if your lawyer already told you you’re still eligible, I’m not going to argue over it.

Hello Sm1smom,

The IO mentioned that my case is at the FO and is under review. I asked if that meant that backgound checks were completed. She answered that cases are at the FO and under review only when all the processing is done, and that next step is scheduling an interview or making a decision without an interview.
Does this make sense please? I am checking with you because I read in some posts, that some applicants got interviewed while their background checks were still pending.

Thank you

Hello Sm1smom,

Thank you

Read this:
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-104#post-2471582

I asked this question on Brit Simon but want to make sure there are no different opinions. I requested to unlock my DS-260 and resubmitted it. Do I use the follow up letter the KCC sent me the first time or will they send an updated one? The old one has a previous address on it. Will that be an issue?
Also, for infopass is it possible to go to anyone in any city or has to be the one in the city I live only?
Thank you.