• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

I think if you are in USA, you are fine. But you will have long background check.
Yes, i have heard that. I am female, so I wanted to know how much different is between male background check and female. I have spreadsheet but there is no way to know what countries everybody are.

Yes, i have heard that. I am female, so I wanted to know how much different is between male background check and female. I have spreadsheet but there is no way to know what countries everybody are.
I believe female has shorter background check. This is my personal opinion

I would ask @Sm1smom as I don't believe that a female's background check is necessarily shorter than a male's.

Probably no one is 2018 will not come back to check here, but if you do, could you please let me know if there are people from Travel Ban country that get their green card through Lottery in AOS process?
Hi Tinaina, I am from the 6 countries and I got my background check after more than 6months. I am a female. I think there are many factors for name check like military or major of study. But nobody knows the exact time. hope it helps.

Hi Tinaina, I am from the 6 countries and I got my background check after more than 6months. I am a female. I think there are many factors for name check like military or major of study. But nobody knows the exact time. hope it helps.
Was it 6 months after interview or six months after you applied for AOS?

The response to this question doesn’t really matter, use your best judgment. Educational qualification is always the default requirement used for everyone.

Have a Good day Mr.Britsimon and Sm1smom
I am kindly requesting for your help to answer the below questions:
I am DV 2019 selectee with HIGH CASE (AS12###),
1-I have Secondary Certificate (Completing 12 years) and university bachelor degree ( Mechanical Engineering) ,currently I am working and I have more than 15 years of experience in this field, by mistake I did select “NO” to question “Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience?” is that acceptable ? Knowing that my job (Mechanical Engineer) meets the "2 years of training or experience" criteria)? And that located in job zone 4 on the range of 7.0 or higher in the rating range of” O* DATA BASE”
Kindly note that I have seen several different opinions about the same question,
  • Some said (still need to answer this questions on the form properly). ,
  • Some people said” YES or NO it will not make any difference,
  • Other opinion said the” response to this question doesn’t really matter, use your best judgment. Educational qualification is always the default requirement used for everyone”.

2- I did submit my DS before 3 days, is that fine? Or it will get delay.
3- the question of skilled/unskilled workers I did select” NO”
In light of all the above, should I ask to unlock my DS260 in order to correct any of the above or shall I keep it as it is.

Have a Good day Mr.Britsimon and Sm1smom
I am kindly requesting for your help to answer the below questions:
I am DV 2019 selectee with HIGH CASE (AS12###),
1-I have Secondary Certificate (Completing 12 years) and university bachelor degree ( Mechanical Engineering) ,currently I am working and I have more than 15 years of experience in this field, by mistake I did select “NO” to question “Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience?” is that acceptable ? Knowing that my job (Mechanical Engineer) meets the "2 years of training or experience" criteria)? And that located in job zone 4 on the range of 7.0 or higher in the rating range of” O* DATA BASE”
Kindly note that I have seen several different opinions about the same question,
  • Some said (still need to answer this questions on the form properly). ,
  • Some people said” YES or NO it will not make any difference,
  • Other opinion said the” response to this question doesn’t really matter, use your best judgment. Educational qualification is always the default requirement used for everyone”.

2- I did submit my DS before 3 days, is that fine? Or it will get delay.
3- the question of skilled/unskilled workers I did select” NO”
In light of all the above, should I ask to unlock my DS260 in order to correct any of the above or shall I keep it as it is.

Are you currently in the US and are you processing AOS. AOS threads is for selectees proving via AOS and this particular thread you’ve posted in is actually an old one by the way which should only be used for reference purpose only and not for addressing new of 2019 FY related questions.

Are you currently in the US and are you processing AOS. AOS threads is for selectees proving via AOS and this particular thread you’ve posted in is actually an old one by the way which should only be used for reference purpose only and not for addressing new of 2019 FY related questions.
No i am not ,but I am new here and really don't know where I should post my question ,I am sorry for that ,would you please answer my question.

No i am not ,but I am new here and really don't know where I should post my question ,I am sorry for that ,would you please answer my question.

@Britsimon already answered your questions on the DV 2019 AOS thread - also the wrong thread by the way and I will be moving those to the right thread shortly.

Hello all,

I am in US with F1 visa and i am doing AOS process based on DV. If i cannot get approved for a green card, would i lose my current F1 status?

Hi,
Mom included the excel sheet in the firdt post. Ask her to give you the link and to grant you access to it. Good luck

I went to the interview by an USCIS letter on Tuesday July 27, 2021 at 07:00 AM in Portland Oregon field I waited 1 an a half hour no called my name for the interview I went to ask the officer in the front desk he called the interview officer and then she came to talk with me in the interview hall she said my interview was canceled because she did not received my files she apologized to me and told me she will send the letter for the next interview within 2 months So I went back home After that, I received email notice from USCIS on October 26, 2021 I failed to appear interview on Tuesday July 27, 2021 at 11:00 AM by their records. I have to 30 day to explain why I did not appear if I failure to respond to this notice will result in my application being administratively without further action. I received the USCIS email letter for interview on December 06,2021. What can I do?

I went to the interview by an USCIS letter on Tuesday July 27, 2021 at 07:00 AM in Portland Oregon field I waited 1 an a half hour no called my name for the interview I went to ask the officer in the front desk he called the interview officer and then she came to talk with me in the interview hall she said my interview was canceled because she did not received my files she apologized to me and told me she will send the letter for the next interview within 2 months So I went back home After that, I received email notice from USCIS on October 26, 2021 I failed to appear interview on Tuesday July 27, 2021 at 11:00 AM by their records. I have to 30 day to explain why I did not appear if I failure to respond to this notice will result in my application being administratively without further action. I received the USCIS email letter for interview on December 06,2021. What can I do?
Oh wow! That sucks, big time considering you actually showed up on the said date and time as requested by the interview letter you received. This is so messed up!! Did you not follow up with your FO from July 27th to September 30th? What effort did you make to get a new interview date from when you were told your interview had been cancelled?

Anyway, since they've given you 30 days to respond to the no show claim, you should respond by explaining exactly what happened. Include a copy of the interview notice you originally received for the 7AM July 27th appointment. Explain the fact that you showed up as scheduled and spoke with the IO. The truth is I I'm not sure they will subsequently approve your case at this point, but considering everything that's going on with CP cases, the reserved visas following the court judgement, you may still stand a chance of getting approved - slim hope, but worth holding on to, I think. It is better to respond and act accordingly than to ignore the request to explain yourself.

As for the Dec. 6th, 2021 interview, I really doubt that will lead to an approval. You will probably be told at the end of that interview, by law diversity visas must be awarded before midnight on the last day of the fiscal year for which an applicant was selected to apply, hence your case can no longer be approved. Which is why you should still follow up as recommended above.

Hello! this is forum os active? :) i’m from ukraine and my town was…. it is ling short story. is it posibble to apply documents like political repository?