• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

It would have been nice if you returned to the forum to let us know your wife successfully interviewed with you considering the concerns you had about the letter from your FO, or should I say the potential issue you almost created for yourself. Posting about your interview experience could have benefited others. The success of this forum can only be maintained when people share of their experience too, not just to show up and ask questions when they need assistance.

Anyways, congratulations. The notice means you’re approved. Your GC should show up in a couple of days.
Mom, sure, I will write a long post about our experience. But I would like to receive GC first and then write about our AOS journey.

Thank you. You're doing really amazing job, providing assistance to everybody on this forum and answering to the same questions again and again!
I really cannot imagine my AOS without your help! Thank you!:)

Hi Mom! Our number is current for May based on today's VB, so we are planning to send everything tomorrow.
We were going through a final check and have one last question regarding the evidence of financial support. Even if the new i485 says these documents are not required, we are following your tip and including them in the package. This means the bank statement and the 3 last tax returns. At some point, we looked in the forum for questions/answers about the I-134 and we reasoned that there was no need for that document since we did not have a separate sponsor. And now we were trying to reinforce that but we don't find the right post in the forum. Assuming that we have nice savings and 2 jobs, is there need to have that I134?
Thanks!

Hi Mom! Our number is current for May based on today's VB, so we are planning to send everything tomorrow.
We were going through a final check and have one last question regarding the evidence of financial support. Even if the new i485 says these documents are not required, we are following your tip and including them in the package. This means the bank statement and the 3 last tax returns. At some point, we looked in the forum for questions/answers about the I-134 and we reasoned that there was no need for that document since we did not have a separate sponsor. And now we were trying to reinforce that but we don't find the right post in the forum. Assuming that we have nice savings and 2 jobs, is there need to have that I134?
Thanks!

An I-134 will not be required if your current annual income meets the poverty guideline level applicable to your family.

You did confirm if you background check has cleared or is still pending? Are you from Iran or one of those countries currently under the travel ban?

1. You may do a congressional inquiry now if you like, assuming the delay you’re experiencing isn’t due to a pending background check since the congressional inquiry will make no difference to that. Although I would wait until and do another infopass before a congressional inquiry if I was in your shoes.

2. House of rep is preferable - they’re usually more receptive to doing immigration case follow ups.

3. Nope, not true. All DV cases must be approved by Sept 30th of their applicable FY. As a matter of fact, if your interview were to take place before Sept. 30th but no decision was made by that date, your case will no longer be valid, no GC will be issued.

Thank you for the response.

I am not from travel ban countries. I am not sure about background check because the officer told me that application is in field office (He said, 'application is here') and it is in queue for interview on Jan 16. I guessed that my background check was cleared. He also told that he will email administrative officer so that my interview can be scheduled for next lot.

I will do as you suggested. Will schedule one more info pass and verify about my background check (Do they give that information?) before going for congressional inquiry.

I have application from my employer and I-140 is pending, I am suspecting that they might have confused dv based I-485 with employment based, because employment based generally takes time due to no limitation of time.

You did confirm if you background check has cleared or is still pending? Are you from Iran or one of those countries currently under the travel ban?

1. You may do a congressional inquiry now if you like, assuming the delay you’re experiencing isn’t due to a pending background check since the congressional inquiry will make no difference to that. Although I would wait until and do another infopass before a congressional inquiry if I was in your shoes.

2. House of rep is preferable - they’re usually more receptive to doing immigration case follow ups.

3. Nope, not true. All DV cases must be approved by Sept 30th of their applicable FY. As a matter of fact, if your interview were to take place before Sept. 30th but no decision was made by that date, your case will no longer be valid, no GC will be issued.
Hi MOM, Do you think being from those countries ca cause a delay in the progress?

Hi everyone, I did my fingerprint in 31st Jan and I was current in Feb. I am still waiting for interview letter. Do you think it is getting too long or is a usual period?
Thanks

Thank you for the response.

I am not from travel ban countries. I am not sure about background check because the officer told me that application is in field office (He said, 'application is here') and it is in queue for interview on Jan 16. I guessed that my background check was cleared. He also told that he will email administrative officer so that my interview can be scheduled for next lot.

I will do as you suggested. Will schedule one more info pass and verify about my background check (Do they give that information?) before going for congressional inquiry.

I have application from my employer and I-140 is pending, I am suspecting that they might have confused dv based I-485 with employment based, because employment based generally takes time due to no limitation of time.

Your application being at your FO really isn’t conclusive proof your background has cleared. The NBC normally forwards the AOS petition once the bio gets scheduled and regardless of if the bio has taken place or not, talk less of if the background check has cleared or is pending. I’m more inclined to think your FO is yet to schedule an interview because your background check is pending. It is one of the specific questions you should be asking when you go on an INFOPASS.

I’m also certain your FO isn’t mixing your DV AOS petition with the employment based one. There are color codings used to differentiate the different AOS petitions by the Lockbox before they get forwarded to the NBC and subsequently to the applicable FO.

Your application being at your FO really isn’t conclusive proof your background has cleared. The NBC normally forwards the AOS petition once the bio gets scheduled and regardless of if the bio has taken place or not, talk less of if the background check has cleared or is pending. I’m more inclined to think your FO is yet to schedule an interview because your background check is pending. It is one of the specific questions you should be asking when you go on an INFOPASS.

I’m also certain your FO isn’t mixing your DV AOS petition with the employment based one. There are color codings used to differentiate the different AOS petitions by the Lockbox before they get forwarded to the NBC and subsequently to the applicable FO.

Thank you Mom,

And also he mentioned that application is awaiting interview on January 16. This may indicate the clearance of background? or it is marked awaiting interview as it reached FO?

Thank you Mom,

And also he mentioned that application is awaiting interview on January 16. This may indicate the clearance of background? or it is marked awaiting interview as it reached FO?

Application is considered awaiting interview when it gets to the FO. The FO doesn’t do any other processing.

according to timeline it takes at least one month and up to three month after bio to receive the interview date, so I think these are normal. right??

My post which you quoted is not in alignment with whatever it is you’re asking about, so I don’t quite get your question.

My post which you quoted is not in alignment with whatever it is you’re asking about, so I don’t quite get your question.
I asked, my fingerprint was 31st Jan and I am still waiting for interview letter.I was current in Feb.I know I should be patient but I got panic today that it is getting long or is a normal period?

I asked, my fingerprint was 31st Jan and I am still waiting for interview letter.I was current in Feb.I know I should be patient but I got panic today that it is getting long or is a normal period?
I did my bio in mid December and got letter in February (almost 2 months later). As you can see, you waiting period is normal.

1. Rule of online posting: Don’t quote a previous post unless it is related to the question you’re about to ask. You don’t need to quote MY post to get MY attention IF that post has no bearing to your questions.

2. If you look at the Timeline spreadsheet, you’ll have seen the average wait time. So yes, you need to exercise some patience, you only filed on Jan. 31st, today is Mar. 14th - your processing time so far is still normal.

1. Rule of online posting: Don’t quote a previous post unless it is related to the question you’re about to ask. You don’t need to quote MY post to get MY attention IF that post has no bearing to your questions.

2. If you look at the Timeline spreadsheet, you’ll have seen the average wait time. So yes, you need to exercise some patience, you only filed on Jan. 31st, today is Mar. 14th - your processing time so far is still normal.