• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
you got the best gift ever for this year Christmas :)

Happy Holiday buddy ;)

Thanks folks.

The card came at the right moment. My daughter needs a SSN for her college application and the moment the we got today, we immediately went to the SSN office. Since it was Christmas eve, we were the only one there. It took us less than 20 mins to complete the paperwork and get out from there. The last time, it took all most 2 hours for my turn.

With the green card, you don't have to worry about status. As an entrepreneur, it is less stressful for me now, knowing that i can continue with my dreams without any worries. :)

Happy Holidays.

Hi Expert Advisors,

Since I gotton GC, Do I need to inform my employer about it? .... if yes then until when?
I got GC in last week, and I am not sure to inform my employer,

Thanks,

That's your personal choice, you're not obligated to inform your employer of your change in status.

Today, we got our green card in the mail. The final conclusion to our DV journey. We were expecting probably in the new year since we only received the welcome letter yesterday.

Thanks folks for all the support and advice. Wish all of you Happy Holidays and good luck on the DV.

Congratulations! I'm in Boston, too, and hopefully, their turn around will be quick :D

Interview Letter Received !

Hey Guys,

Got our interview letters yesterday. The interview is scheduled for 6-Jan at the Chicago FO.
I am going through the interview experiences and will update the tracker.

Well, I checked my mailbox yesterday(do it every Friday only :) and found interview letters for me and my wife. Interview is scheduled for Jan, 22 at Phoenix office. Boston FO is much faster :)

cheers,
serge

Hello folks!

Yesterday I received my interview invitation which is scheduled for January 22. I think my interview will be right after Serge's.
In my letter there is a list of documents I asked to bring. One of them is Affidavit Support I-864 which I DID NOT file with my AOS package because I did not have it. But I filed a bank statement which indicated that I have a sufficient amount on my bank account. Besides, I am on F1 visa, but working as a research assistant in my school. So I also have an employment verification letter. Would that be enough to bring a new bank statement and school employment verification letter, or I still need a I-864 form?

Thank you.
Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello folks!

Yesterday I received my interview invitation which is scheduled for January 22. I think my interview will be right after Serge's.
In my letter there is a list of documents I asked to bring. One of them is Affidavit Support I-864 which I DID NOT file with my AOS package because I did not have it. But I filed a bank statement which indicated that I have a sufficient amount on my bank account. Besides, I am on F1 visa, but working as a research assistant in my school. So I also have an employment verification letter. Would that be enough to bring a new bank statement and school employment verification letter, or I still need a I-864 form?

Thank you.
Good luck to everyone!

You don't need the I 864 formas an F1 student adjusting your status. You may need the I 134. As long as you can prove that you can support yourself (employment letter, pay stubs, tax return...), you should be fine. Don't worry about the missing documents on your package. Just bring everything that is missing and you think can help you at the interview.

Hello folks!

Thank you.
Good luck to everyone!

The letter you received from your FO is a generic interview letter. Some of the requested documents like the I-864 do not apply to DV applicants.

If you can, get an I-134. If you're unable to, don't sweat it. Just go with your bank statement and employment verification letter, and any other document you have that can help you present your case favorably.

Query !

Thanks guys. getting ready for interview on 6-Jan.
I do have one query.

I am on H1B currently which is expiring on 31-Dec-2013 (tomorrow;same with I-94). However my company had filed for my extension in November'2013 and I am good for another 240 days or whenever the approval comes (which ever is earlier) to work and maintain H1B status. This is called the 240 day rule as USCIS takes a lot of time for normal processing extensions.

My H1B extension status is still under Initial Review. My question is: If my interview on 6-Jan is a success and I get the Green cards before getting the H1B extension (which is most likely), do I need to work with my company to "withdraw" my H1B extension petition or USCIS will take care of it?

Any ideas?

The letter you received from your FO is a generic interview letter. Some of the requested documents like the I-864 do not apply to DV applicants.

If you can, get an I-134. If you're unable to, don't sweat it. Just go with your bank statement and employment verification letter, and any other document you have that can help you present your case favorably.

You don't need the I 864 formas an F1 student adjusting your status. You may need the I 134. As long as you can prove that you can support yourself (employment letter, pay stubs, tax return...), you should be fine. Don't worry about the missing documents on your package. Just bring everything that is missing and you think can help you at the interview.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Hello all,

I have two questions.

1). When I sent the I-485 form to the Chicago LockBox we were only husband and wife and now we have a two weeks old daughter. So, in this case do I need to inform the immigration about our daughter or not?

2). Our Biometrics was scheduled for December 4th and as my wife was pregnant and her due date was approaching we had our walk-in biometrics on November 15th. It's already 45 days since our walk-in biometrics and we have not yet received the interview letter. So, generally how long one needs to wait after the biometrics to receive the Interview Letter?

Please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks guys. getting ready for interview on 6-Jan.
I do have one query.

I am on H1B currently which is expiring on 31-Dec-2013 (tomorrow;same with I-94). However my company had filed for my extension in November'2013 and I am good for another 240 days or whenever the approval comes (which ever is earlier) to work and maintain H1B status. This is called the 240 day rule as USCIS takes a lot of time for normal processing extensions.

My H1B extension status is still under Initial Review. My question is: If my interview on 6-Jan is a success and I get the Green cards before getting the H1B extension (which is most likely), do I need to work with my company to "withdraw" my H1B extension petition or USCIS will take care of it?

Any ideas?

You could ask your company to formally withdraw the extension petition following a successful interview for your own peace of mind. However if you don't, USCIS will certainly contact you down the road informing you the application has been denied. The letter you will receive from USCIS following the denial might sound ominous, but there's nothing to it, it's just the standard response they send once an applicant becomes a LPR.

Hello all,

I have two questions.

1). When I sent the I-485 form to the Chicago LockBox we were only husband and wife and now we have a two weeks old daughter. So, in this case do I need to inform the immigration about our daughter or not?

2). Our Biometrics was scheduled for December 4th and as my wife was pregnant and her due date was approaching we had our walk-in biometrics on November 15th. It's already 45 days since our walk-in biometrics and we have not yet received the interview letter. So, generally how long one needs to wait after the biometrics to receive the Interview Letter?

Please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. :)

Regarding your questions:

1. No, you do not need to inform USCIS, while waiting for your IL, of the birth of your daughter, she's already a USC. However, be sure to take along her birth certificate when you go for your interview and inform the IO of the new addition to your family. They may want to update your family information at that stage.

2. There's no stipulated number of days one gets to wait for before receiving the IL following biometric completion. The interview will be scheduled based on your FO's workload. A walk-in bio doesn't necessarily speed up the process, so you just have to wait. You can also check past AOS timelines to determine DV processing time for cases at your FO.

Thanks mom...

You could ask your company to formally withdraw the extension petition following a successful interview for your own peace of mind. However if you don't, USCIS will certainly contact you down the road informing you the application has been denied. The letter you will receive from USCIS following the denial might sound ominous, but there's nothing to it, it's just the standard response they send once an applicant becomes a LPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.