• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply Fiefia ;)
Yea, it's clear to me! (I took 2 credits during summer, though). But I'd like to see if everybody with the same situation as me (F1) has the same style of Verification of Enrollment Letter? It just shows the dates (not Fall, Spring, Summer) and my status during mentioned date period, so, if the officer doesn't look at the dates carefully, he/she may conclude that I've not always been on status! That's my concern!

I think Fiefia's response was spot on! However since it seems like you're still worried about it, you don't have to include the verication letter with the package you're mailing out. But be sure to take it along to your interview when the time comes and you can present it if the IO asks for evidence of continuous status.

Truth is without that verification letter from your school, the IO is already able to tell, by checking in the system, if you've been in continuous status or not. So stop stressing about the wordings if the letter.

I think Fiefia's response was spot on! However since it seems like you're still worried about it, you don't have to include the verication letter with the package you're mailing out. But be sure to take it along to your interview when the time comes and you can present it if the IO asks for evidence of continuous status.

Truth is without that verification letter from your school, the IO is already able to tell, by checking in the system, if you've been in continuous status or not. So stop stressing about the wordings if the letter.

Thanks a lot Sm1smom for your attention,
I guess I'll attach an extra page to the Verification of Enrollment, to clarify the dates for the IO.
Hope it's sound!

Hi again! :)

Technically, if you are enrolled, you are by definition a full-time, simply because your university--knowing the immigration regulations--would not allow you to pursue your degree as an international student. I know that some F1 students can forget to register for the full course load and the international services office immediately sends them letters requesting to register for more credits. So don't worry, even if you wanted to be part-time, they wouldn't let you! :)

I would tell you the wording in my Verification of Enrollment Letter, but I am not getting mine until after the Christmas break. But I am not getting current for a couple more months :)

Thanks for your reply Fiefia ;)
Yea, it's clear to me! (I took 2 credits during summer, though). But I'd like to see if everybody with the same situation as me (F1) has the same style of Verification of Enrollment Letter? It just shows the dates (not Fall, Spring, Summer) and my status during mentioned date period, so, if the officer doesn't look at the dates carefully, he/she may conclude that I've not always been on status! That's my concern!

How come you know EVERYTHING? :)

Hi again! :)

Technically, if you are enrolled, you are by definition a full-time, simply because your university--knowing the immigration regulations--would not allow you to pursue your degree as an international student. I know that some F1 students can forget to register for the full course load and the international services office immediately sends them letters requesting to register for more credits. So don't worry, even if you wanted to be part-time, they wouldn't let you! :)

I would tell you the wording in my Verification of Enrollment Letter, but I am not getting mine until after the Christmas break. But I am not getting current for a couple more months :)

Thanks A LOT for your support Fiefia :)

I guess I'll attach an extra page to the Verification of Enrollment, to clarify the dates for the IO.
Hope it's sound!

Aria,

My suggestion is not to overdo things. If you are worried, only include your transcript. That's good enough of an evidence for continued full time status. As Sm1smom said, take the letter to the interview.

Bro, Congrats.
I think this time around, your interview will be quick :)

Thanks pal. For that I'm not holding my breath. My field office is one of the busiest ones and telling from last year's timeline it's going to take quite a few months.

Thanks pal. For that I'm not holding my breath. My field office is one of the busiest ones and telling from last year's timeline it's going to take quite a few months.

Boston too had a super long wait times last few years. Based on previous year's time line, my interview was suppose to be late Mar/early Apr 2014. Look what happen this year.

So don't worry too much :)

Today, we got our green card in the mail. The final conclusion to our DV journey. We were expecting probably in the new year since we only received the welcome letter yesterday.

Thanks folks for all the support and advice. Wish all of you Happy Holidays and good luck on the DV.

Are you sure you got in in the mail not under your Christmas tree? ;)

Congratulations! :)

Today, we got our green card in the mail. The final conclusion to our DV journey. We were expecting probably in the new year since we only received the welcome letter yesterday.

Thanks folks for all the support and advice. Wish all of you Happy Holidays and good luck on the DV.

That is an awesome Christmas present. I hope it brings you much luck and happiness!

Congrats s6656. That's awesome news :) Enjoy every moment of your holidays :)

Congrats s6656. Excellent news and a great Christmas present.

Thanks folks.

The card came at the right moment. My daughter needs a SSN for her college application and the moment the we got today, we immediately went to the SSN office. Since it was Christmas eve, we were the only one there. It took us less than 20 mins to complete the paperwork and get out from there. The last time, it took all most 2 hours for my turn.

With the green card, you don't have to worry about status. As an entrepreneur, it is less stressful for me now, knowing that i can continue with my dreams without any worries. :)

Happy Holidays.

Hope it's sound!

Your call. Do what you think is best for you.

Aria,

My suggestion is not to overdo things. If you are worried, only include your transcript. That's good enough of an evidence for continued full time status. As Sm1smom said, take the letter to the interview.

A very sensible response IMO. Applicants have in the past, unknowingly, created issues for themselves either when they send in their applications or at the time of their interview by providing unsolicited documents or information. Less is more, like the saying goes.

Hi Expert Advisors,

Since I gotton GC, Do I need to inform my employer about it? .... if yes then until when?
I got GC in last week, and I am not sure to inform my employer,

Thanks,

Hi Expert Advisors,

Since I gotton GC, Do I need to inform my employer about it? .... if yes then until when?
I got GC in last week, and I am not sure to inform my employer,

Thanks,

I don't think you need to inform the company unless it makes a difference to you. Probably you need to remove the restriction on your SSN.

I don't see your name in the spreadsheet. Can you lease update for the sake of others?

Status
Not open for further replies.