• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Sm1smom!

Thank you for your suggestion.
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. :)

Regarding your questions:

1. No, you do not need to inform USCIS, while waiting for your IL, of the birth of your daughter, she's already a USC. However, be sure to take along her birth certificate when you go for your interview and inform the IO of the new addition to your family. They may want to update your family information at that stage.

2. There's no stipulated number of days one gets to wait for before receiving the IL following biometric completion. The interview will be scheduled based on your FO's workload. A walk-in bio doesn't necessarily speed up the process, so you just have to wait. You can also check past AOS timelines to determine DV processing time for cases at your FO.

Happy New year to everybody :)
I wish you all best of luck in your DV and future undertakings!
Special thanks to Sm1smom, feifia, C1984 and all other members of this forum who have assisted me and others :)
Have a good one :)

I join the wishes and hope that this year will be the year of new beginning for many of us! :)

Special thanks to Sm1smom, feifia, C1984 and all other members of this forum who have assisted me and others :)

First, Happy New Year to all !!! Been away from internet for 2 weeks and I survived :) but missed a bunch of stuffs.

AOS Package Forms Questions

1) My Birth Cirtificate is in my Native language. I have original and a Notorized copy (from my home country). Do I need to notorize it in US? If not should I send the original notorized copy or a copy of it?

2) Also my High School diploma and transcript is in both my native language and English? Do I need to notorize it?

3) Affidavit of Support:
I am on CPT and probably will have a full time employment under CPT (this is my last semester) by next week. Will a letter from my employer be enough for financial support?

Thanks.

I have a lot of question thought to include them all in one post. Thanks for reading. Hope you had a wonderful new year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy new year buddy.

I wish you the best in the new year.

Thanks Aria. Here's also wishing you a very happy and blessed new year!

Hey, just wondering is it difficult to swap from CP to AOS?

I'm in New Zealand at the moment so waiting to here for an interview for CP but considering coming over to the US soon on the 90 day visa waiver and trying to find employment to sponsor me in the meantime. This is because my interview will most likely be late in the year, Jul to Sept and I want to get moving and start my overseas working experience soon.

If I manage to find work and get sponsored for a visa, I would have to swap from CP to AOS, and am wondering how difficult this is. If anyone can be of help that would be great. Thanks!

Hey, just wondering is it difficult to swap from CP to AOS?

I'm in New Zealand at the moment so waiting to here for an interview for CP but considering coming over to the US soon on the 90 day visa waiver and trying to find employment to sponsor me in the meantime. This is because my interview will most likely be late in the year, Jul to Sept and I want to get moving and start my overseas working experience soon.

If I manage to find work and get sponsored for a visa, I would have to swap from CP to AOS, and am wondering how difficult this is. If anyone can be of help that would be great. Thanks!

Well you can't do aos from visa waiver status. Also, getting a job where they sponsor you for a visa might not be as easy as that sounds. Visas like H1 are all accounted for until Oct 2014 and whilst there may be other types of visa available to you, none will be that quick and most will not allow dual intent (i.e. having an immigrant visa application proceeding at the same time). Furthermore, aos is generally thought of as being a slower process which introduces some risk if your CN goes current late in the process. You have to complete the aos before the end of September 2014 and that is not guaranteed, especially at busier field offices. So unless you have a more solid plan, your best bet would probably to be stick with CP.

Hi!

My husband and I had our interview yesterday and it was quick! I was prepared to be grilled and all my documents checked etc... With all I have been reading I also expected we would have to go in separately since our letters had different times but I was pleasantly surprised. The Officer called both of us in and I noticed she had our files open on her table side by side. She told us to raise our hands and swear all that will be said will be the truth and nothing but... and we did. Then she basically asked us to confirm our names, date of birth, address, phone number and the answers to the security questions we gave on the form. After that with a formal tone and an expressionless face she informed us that our card would be in the mail in 10 to 15 days. Everything took less than 5 mins. I was a little underwhelmed...lol but very grateful!! She didn't check a single document ( I had a back pack full of papers to show...!! hahaha) or ask us questions or anything?!?! Anyway I checked our case status as soon as we got home and it had change to CPO.
I'm writing this especially to pay forward what some amazing people in this forum have done for me during this process. This forum has been my point of reference every step of the way. I may not know you personally but you've been a blessing to me and my family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuto, thank you for the update and congratulations! :)

Hi!

My husband and I had our interview yesterday and it was quick! I was prepared to be grilled and all my documents checked etc... With all I have been reading I also expected we would have to go in separately since our letters had different times but I was pleasantly surprised. The Officer called both of us in and I noticed she had our files open on her table side by side. She told us to raise our hands and swear all that will be said will be the truth and nothing but... and we did. Then she basically asked us to confirm our names, date of birth, address, phone number and the answers to the security questions we gave on the form. After that with a formal tone and an expressionless face she informed us that our card would be in the mail in 10 to 15 days. Everything took less than 5 mins. I was a little underwhelmed...lol but very grateful!! She didn't check a single document ( I had a back pack full of papers to show...!! hahaha) or ask us questions or anything?!?! Anyway I checked our case status as soon as we got home and it had change to CPO.
I'm writing this especially to pay forward what some amazing people in this forum have done for me during this process. This forum has been my point of reference every step of the way. I may not know you personally but you've been a blessing to me and my family.

Hi!

That is excellent news and a nice interview experience to share. Congratulations!

Hi!

Anyway I checked our case status as soon as we got home and it had change to CPO.

Congrats, you the first to be approved for GC for 2014 :)

DSP 122 and translations of documents

Hi everybody,
I'm new to this forum and found this extremely helpful. I'm waiting my case number to be current so that I also can do AOS....:D..Can someone let me know how long it will take to get the email notification from KCC after you sent the DSP 122. I'm worried if I'm too late. I mailed them in December 23rd and I'm worried it would take months to get it.

My next issue is I have a higher diploma, a masters from a US university. In that case do you think the certificate indicating completion of high school is still needed. That document is in my native language but whoever that filled the document filled it in English with a spelling mistake. This was several decades ago and my parents didnt even payed that much attention back then to correct it. If I get it translated, should it be from a US sworn translator? Will they accept it if it was translated by a sworn translator from my country and to make things even worse the year it was translated was in 2005. Any advice from you guys?

Thanks

Hi, I seem to be getting conflicting answers, so I thought I would ask here. I have moved address and although I have informed KCC, I am worried about getting the Visa interview letter. They have informed me that I will receive notice by Email not post anyway? So when you were informed, was it by post, Email, or both?

Thanks for your help, and good luck to all who are trying! My number is oc000017xx, So I'm a little worried with such low numbers in the bulletin.

Hi everybody,
I'm new to this forum and found this extremely helpful. I'm waiting my case number to be current so that I also can do AOS....:D..Can someone let me know how long it will take to get the email notification from KCC after you sent the DSP 122. I'm worried if I'm too late. I mailed them in December 23rd and I'm worried it would take months to get it.

My next issue is I have a higher diploma, a masters from a US university. In that case do you think the certificate indicating completion of high school is still needed. That document is in my native language but whoever that filled the document filled it in English with a spelling mistake. This was several decades ago and my parents didnt even payed that much attention back then to correct it. If I get it translated, should it be from a US sworn translator? Will they accept it if it was translated by a sworn translator from my country and to make things even worse the year it was translated was in 2005. Any advice from you guys?

Thanks

Welcome to this forum. Please take some time to read this thread from page 1. There are plenty of information that will be really useful and will get ready you for the interview.

After reading, if you still have any questions, please post here.

Good Luck

Congrats Tuto !

Hi!

Hi bulldogchild! :)

With regard to your first question, since your number is not current yet, it was definitely not too late to have sent your documents to KCC. I am not sure when you will get their response back, but according to other people's experiences, it seems like KCC replies a few weeks before the number becomes current. So don't worry about that.

As far as the high school certificate goes, it is the requirement for AOS regardless of the other advanced levels of education that you may have. You must include it in your AOS packet (and also have an original copy when you go for your interview). I don't know what your native language is, but you could simply ask someone who is fluent in both your mother tongue and English to translate the document and then attach a note that says that this person is competent to perform this translation. You can find more info here: http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/document-english-translation.html
I asked my friend to translate my documents, and then we both went to a local notary to notarize the translation. That being said, there is no need to have your documents translated by a professional translation agency (although some people choose to do that).
You can find more information about the AOS process, as well as a number of useful links in this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=5
There are several pages in this spreadsheet, so take your time to familiarize yourself with the content. But of course, ask questions here! :)

Good luck! :)
Hi everybody,

Thanks

Thanks s6656. We are bracing for extreme low temperatures in Chicago tomorrow (record 45 below zero). Hope the Chicago FO doesn't close down and re-schedule our appt. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again for the wishes. :)

Good luck with your interview. Hope to hear the good news by the same time tom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.