• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Reschedule of interview appointment

Please my mother was selected for further processing in the dv 2013 but unfortunately. We didn't see the appointment letter in time and the date elapsed, we thought because we sent our forms by post, we were going to get interview letter by post,only to find out from a friend to use the entry status check. We have written a petition to the embassy about 4 weeks ago explaining the reason and there has been no response. Your assistance will be deeply appreciated.

I'm about to say that's some bull-crap response they gave you about applicants not being allowed to request to be passed on to a L2 rep. But maybe the directives for doing so has changed since when last I called. Back then when I called, if I wasn't satisfied with the response I got, I always requested for a L2 personnel and they of course put me through!

You might what to consider doing an Infopass like they suggested though. Time is of essence, and if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't be sitting back and waiting for another month to pass without doing something. But ehy, that's just me though! :D

Sm1smom,
Last time spoke to a nice lady and she said info pass is an option but in the same breathe she said they will tell me the same thing that you have to wait 30 days before anything can be done. Closest office is 4 hrs drive too. We will try our luck next week again.
Thanks

Hi Guys

In G-325A there is a part asking A number. I'm on OPT now, my advisor told me my A number is my USCIS# showing on my card, is that right?

Is my I-94 number the same as Admission number printed on my I-94?

I would appreciate if you help me out.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was saying how everything went very fast and smooth so far... Turns out there may be a hiccup in there now. And I was sooo close. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I got the 797 saying the status was approved a couple of days ago. And the card was supposed to arrive today according to the tracking number on the USCIS site. The tracking says envelope was out for delivery at around 7:30 am and delivered at 11:55 am. However, at 1:10 pm there's no card in the mailbox (or front door or anywhere) but there is some other mail. Called USPS, they said I should have received it and there should not be any delays at all between when the tracking says delivered and when it is actually delivered. Opened an investigation case with them but they say it takes one business day. USCIS phones are not manned over the weekend. The reason I am a little worried is because the interview letter went to the wrong address (house number had one bad digit). However, even that letter reached me no problem (other house number does not exist) and the 797 had the correct address on it... Am I being too impatient, does this stuff happen and will it be delivered later today or Tuesday? Has it happened to anyone else?

And of course this stuff only ever happens at the start of a long weekend. It's actually the fourth really bad/inconvenient thing to happen today or yesterday. Don't normally believe in bad days but man... Anyway, have a good weekend everyone, will update if anything happens.

Talked to the actual post office and they said they officially delivered the envelope. At that point the carriers had gone home and I checked again and there is no sign of the card. So it is officially lost... Goes to show it's not over until it's over.

So I was saying how everything went very fast and smooth so far... Turns out there may be a hiccup in there now. And I was sooo close. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I got the 797 saying the status was approved a couple of days ago. And the card was supposed to arrive today according to the tracking number on the USCIS site. The tracking says envelope was out for delivery at around 7:30 am and delivered at 11:55 am. However, at 1:10 pm there's no card in the mailbox (or front door or anywhere) but there is some other mail. Called USPS, they said I should have received it and there should not be any delays at all between when the tracking says delivered and when it is actually delivered. Opened an investigation case with them but they say it takes one business day. USCIS phones are not manned over the weekend. The reason I am a little worried is because the interview letter went to the wrong address (house number had one bad digit). However, even that letter reached me no problem (other house number does not exist) and the 797 had the correct address on it... Am I being too impatient, does this stuff happen and will it be delivered later today or Tuesday? Has it happened to anyone else?

And of course this stuff only ever happens at the start of a long weekend. It's actually the fourth really bad/inconvenient thing to happen today or yesterday. Don't normally believe in bad days but man... Anyway, have a good weekend everyone, will update if anything happens.

Hi Guys

In G-325A there is a part asking A number. I'm on OPT now, my advisor told me my A number is my USCIS# showing on my card, is that right?

Is my I-94 number the same as Admission number printed on my I-94?

I would appreciate if you help me out.

Thanks

A# = USCIS# = alien registration number
I-94# = Admission number

Talked to the actual post office and they said they officially delivered the envelope. At that point the carriers had gone home and I checked again and there is no sign of the card. So it is officially lost... Goes to show it's not over until it's over.
Darn.. :( If I were you, I would start knocking doors in the neighborhood to ask people if they received a mail addressed to me.
And then on Tuesday first thing in the morning, I'd contact USCIS to tell them USPS lost my card. If you are lucky, they'll send you another card. If not, they'll ask for biometrics again.

Huge neighborhood, could be anywhere, knocking on doors is not really an option I don't think... they may not even have checked their mail yet since boxes are in a central place away from the homes. Hoping it's either at the post office or in the truck etc or if someone got it by mistake they return it to the post office if they realize it's important. Will def tell USCIS first thing Tuesday it got lost. Really hope I don't have to jump through a lot of hoops again to get one. Was sooo close :(. It's frustrating I can't really do much until Tuesday.

Darn.. :( If I were you, I would start knocking doors in the neighborhood to ask people if they received a mail addressed to me.
And then on Tuesday first thing in the morning, I'd contact USCIS to tell them USPS lost my card. If you are lucky, they'll send you another card. If not, they'll ask for biometrics again.

Huge neighborhood, could be anywhere, knocking on doors is not really an option I don't think... they may not even have checked their mail yet since boxes are in a central place away from the homes. Hoping it's either at the post office or in the truck etc or if someone got it by mistake they return it to the post office if they realize it's important. Will def tell USCIS first thing Tuesday it got lost. Really hope I don't have to jump through a lot of hoops again to get one. Was sooo close :(. It's frustrating I can't really do much until Tuesday.

I understand your frustration. I think there is a good chance it is actually delivered to the wrong box. If someone got it by mistake, I wouldn't hope they'd return it any time soon, even if they did, post office will probably ship it back to USCIS instead of you. GC replacement can take a long time. It is really worth to knock doors whose mailbox numbers are close to yours before you declare your card lost.

You can also try to talk to the person who did the delivery, it's not like they deliver GC everyday, he/she may remember where it's gone.

Remain in usa with i-130 pending gc

Is it possible, for a spouse, to remain in the USA, with a I-130 and spouse naturalized, both from El Salvador, whilst she awaits filing for a GC...what would be the ideal next steps...suggestion from gov is to file a I-601A and have her deported, only to file, in her 'home' country, away from her family, here, in the USA.

Problem is all the mailboxes are together in a big group of at least 100 or so and they have numbers that have nothing to do with the actual addresses, just 0-100 or so basically. Also, there are some "common" large boxes where parcels are delivered (you get the key to it in your box) and the agreement is that mail that is not delivered correctly should be placed in there. I have done this several times and it isn't that much of a hassle so I'm hoping if someone got it by mistake they place it in there. Depending on what the post office and USCIS say Tuesday I may start knocking on doors.

I'm hoping it does not take that long for a replacement, not sure why it would. Rules are you are supposed to always carry it with you (in theory) so I can't be the first person to lose theirs. If they are mailing one to me right now not sure why they could not mail another one without biometrics etc. since it's already established that I am that person, I have that status and I live at that address... Don't know, fingers crossed I guess...

Edit: I looked into how hard it is to replace it and you are right, even if it gets returned to them (100% USPS's fault) they still make you go through a whole process, biometrics, $450 fee, etc. If i don't find something out Tuesday morning I will definitely start knocking on doors, at least my street...

I understand your frustration. I think there is a good chance it is actually delivered to the wrong box. If someone got it by mistake, I wouldn't hope they'd return it any time soon, even if they did, post office will probably ship it back to USCIS instead of you. GC replacement can take a long time. It is really worth to knock doors whose mailbox numbers are close to yours before you declare your card lost.

You can also try to talk to the person who did the delivery, it's not like they deliver GC everyday, he/she may remember where it's gone.

Edit: I looked into how hard it is to replace it and you are right, even if it gets returned to them (100% USPS's fault) they still make you go through a whole process, biometrics, $450 fee, etc. If i don't find something out Tuesday morning I will definitely start knocking on doors, at least my street...

Yeah, and it can take months. I'm familiar with that kind of mailbox setup. It could be really a mix-up so you may also consider to post a paper on the mailboxes to urge people to leave "government mail" in the common box.

Mine was two days late even though I was close to the origin and it was supposed to be delivered in two days. But at least they didn't say they delivered it before they actually did. Maybe yours will show up in a day or two :confused:

I already made up some papers saying don't return the envelope to USPS, call my number or bring to my house. I'm really hoping it shows up... I will definitely pound the pavement as much as I can to get it, there's still a chance.

Since we have that limit where we need to get the status by September 30th does anyone know if that means having the physical card in hand or just being approved? Right now I have a stamp in the passport that is good for one year and I have the 797 that says status was approved. But if card is lost or returned to them there is a very good chance I won't have an actual physical card in had by September 30th. Would be pretty horrible to lose out on the whole thing because of this...

Yeah, and it can take months. I'm familiar with that kind of mailbox setup. It could be really a mix-up so you may also consider to post a paper on the mailboxes to urge people to leave "government mail" in the common box.

Mine was two days late even though I was close to the origin and it was supposed to be delivered in two days. But at least they didn't say they delivered it before they actually did. Maybe yours will show up in a day or two :confused:

I already made up some papers saying don't return the envelope to USPS, call my number or bring to my house. I'm really hoping it shows up... I will definitely pound the pavement as much as I can to get it, there's still a chance.

Since we have that limit where we need to get the status by September 30th does anyone know if that means having the physical card in hand or just being approved? Right now I have a stamp in the passport that is good for one year and I have the 797 that says status was approved. But if card is lost or returned to them there is a very good chance I won't have an actual physical card in had by September 30th. Would be pretty horrible to lose out on the whole thing because of this...

I am pretty sure you are safe, you are already approved, you are LPR now. And you are lucky that you got the stamp, lots of FOs don't do that.

Documents for AOS based on Dvlottery, any financial documents required?

Hello, I need help. for AOS package is there any financial supporting documents required? I am funded student on F1 visa here. If yes, how should it be? Should we send tax related forms also in the package?
Thanks

Hello, I need help. for AOS package is there any financial supporting documents required? I am funded student on F1 visa here. If yes, how should it be? Should we send tax related forms also in the package?
Thanks

If you are getting paid by the school as an assistant and you get W-2s, you can get a letter showing that you are employed and stating your salary, and with the copies of W-2s, you should be fine as long as you are over the poverty guidelines posted on USCIS web site.

I am pretty sure you are safe, you are already approved, you are LPR now. And you are lucky that you got the stamp, lots of FOs don't do that.

Guess what guys, someone just brought my card to the door, it was in their box! Wooohoo! Freaking USPS, the one important thing they need to deliver they fail on but the mountains of spam have no problem getting here... Really dodged a bullet there, man...
Thanks a lot aos13 and everyone else for the support!

Guess what guys, someone just brought my card to the door, it was in their box! Wooohoo! Freaking USPS, the one important thing they need to deliver they fail on but the mountains of spam have no problem getting here... Really dodged a bullet there, man...
Thanks a lot aos13 and everyone else for the support!
Congratulations. I'm really happy for you :)