• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hey all,
Quick update on the interview I had today. Got approved ok, everything went very smooth. Pretty much the whole process from when I was accepted went very well but involved a ton of research. Got called in pretty much at the exact time, the lady was very nice, some small talk. She only wanted to see my passport and H1B visa. She wrote down the dates of the visas I have had before, made sure I was never out of status. A couple of questions about things in the 485, just double-checking that everything in there is accurate, a couple of questions about my job. She asked a few of the "are you a Nazi" type questions but very few and no swearing-in or anything. All in all it was pretty routine, no questions about money or anything like that.

She didn't take my I-94, she put a stamp and a seal (indented) in my passport and said I can travel immediately and the card should arrive within 2 weeks. Online status went from Acceptance (where it has always been) to Card Production. The interview was in San Antonio, Texas and Texas in general seems to have pretty fast processing times.

This forum is hugely useful and it helped me a lot. I will stick around in case I can contribute anything. (although my knowledge is basic compared to the "heavies" here). Good luck to everyone whose interview is coming up!

Congrats!

I have sent my package to chicago yesterday,
In addition to the I-485 form and supporting documents, I have included the I-131 form and a total of 4 photos per applicant- not sure if the additional photos are needed though.
Thanks James,
Pritu confirmed that 2 is fine. See did the same and everything worked out fine for her. Thanks fr updating me.

When we log in to check the I-485 case status on the USCIS website, the Interview step is not there. Below are the steps we can see:

- Acceptance (currently here)
- Initial Review
- Decision
- Post Decision Activity
- Card/ Document Production

Is it intentional, en error, or this is just the way it shows? Is it possible that you do not have to do an interview? Anyone with similar experience? Thanks

Hey everyone,
I have a crazy and worrying problem. Though I have infinite copies of my High school certificate, I may have lost the original. I sent the copy in the i-485 package. In the interview, will I be denied if I dont show the original? I dont think I can go back to my home country and reapply for it! I have originals and copies of my Undergrad, MBA and my current Master's! Will this original high school matter???

Hey everyone,
I have a crazy and worrying problem. Though I have infinite copies of my High school certificate, I may have lost the original. I sent the copy in the i-485 package. In the interview, will I be denied if I dont show the original? I dont think I can go back to my home country and reapply for it! I have originals and copies of my Undergrad, MBA and my current Master's! Will this original high school matter???

Although the interview letter usually says bring the original of all the documents one is using in support of their application, I'm yet to come across a situation where a DV applicant was denied during the AOS process due to a missing original document. The IO rarely ask to see the originals at the time of the interview (with the exception of your passport and maybe I-20). So fingers crossed, you wouldn't even be asked to show it.

Although the interview letter usually says bring the original of all the documents one is using in support of their application, I'm yet to come across a situation where a DV applicant was denied during the AOS process due to a missing original document. The IO rarely ask to see the originals at the time of the interview (with the exception of your passport and maybe I-20). So fingers crossed, you wouldn't even be asked to show it.

Thank You very much for that relief!!!

If it hasn't changed by now, it's probably not going to reflect any change until after your interview, following which it will undergo series of rapid changes. It's nothing to worry about, USCIS's online status change can be quite unreliable.

Thank you very much, Sm1smom!

I'm here for Minneapolis as well

:)

Congrats anon,
I think lot of people had same experience as you. I hope you get ur update soon. Majority of the members here doing AOS in SFO or LA. I think ur d first one from Chicago. No1 here for Minneapolis too :(

You will be interviewed.

Pryanik :)

When we log in to check the I-485 case status on the USCIS website, the Interview step is not there. Below are the steps we can see:

- Acceptance (currently here)
- Initial Review
- Decision
- Post Decision Activity
- Card/ Document Production

Is it intentional, en error, or this is just the way it shows? Is it possible that you do not have to do an interview? Anyone with similar experience? Thanks

Biometrics issue

We called customer service regarding biometrics appointment for my husband. Lady on the phone didn't give enough info as 30 days period is nt over yet. She did say they didn't send him any biometrics letter. We asked, is it because of valid biometrics done in October 2012 and she said no, all I 485 need new biometrics.
Don't know what's going on. Nothing can be really done before June 2nd either :(

We called customer service regarding biometrics appointment for my husband. Lady on the phone didn't give enough info as 30 days period is nt over yet. She did say they didn't send him any biometrics letter. We asked, is it because of valid biometrics done in October 2012 and she said no, all I 485 need new biometrics.
Don't know what's going on. Nothing can be really done before June 2nd either :(

Was this response from a level 2 officer or from the first person that you spoke with? If you didn't speak with a level 2 officer, I suggest you call again and request to be connected with a level 2 personnel. You may have to wait on hold for a while before you're connected, but level 2 personnel usually have more access to additional information on the files than the front line people who take the general calls.

Good luck!

Hello everyone.
I will share my experience that I had today. I had the interview this morning. The Interview went pretty much smooth, most of the questions were Yes/NO questions. It took about 15 min. The IO gave me a piece of paper that says my greencard process has been approved!! Yeah!!:D She took I-94 from my passport and EAD Card. She said I am going to receive a green card in 2 or 3 weeks.

Good luck to everyone!!