• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Received I-797 last night.
Scheduled 31st of May! :)

A little bit nervous, always imagined uscis people to be arrogant and impatient (or maybe just from the yelp reviews I read)..
Hope they were wrong!
Anyways, yeaah yeah wohooo yay!

A little bit nervous, always imagined uscis people to be arrogant and impatient (or maybe just from the yelp reviews I read)..
Hope they were wrong!

Scheduled for what? When did you send your application?

Hope they were wrong!

Agents at the border are always arrogant and impatient. I think that uscis people are trained to be nice and respectful.

Agents at the border are always arrogant and impatient. I think that uscis people are trained to be nice and respectful.

During my many entries in different airports in US, I haven't seen any CBP officer being less than professional except only twice, one being a poor attempt at a joke, and other being stressed out for some reason.

I didn't have many interactions with IOs but considering that they deal with all kinds of complicated cases, we the DV people are simply a breeze for them. We are the highlight of their day, because our cases are so simple. They just check a few things and approve. Maybe that's why people report that they had nice friendly chat with the IOs; they probably take the opportunity to take a "break" in their busy schedule. :)

Hello,

In I-485, which parts do I need to fill up on behalf of my 5 years old son? is it 5 and 6?

"Print your full name"- my name or my kid's name?

Thanks!

For Part 5, my sugestion is for you to sign in the signature box and put "Mother" in brackets in front of the signature - I'm assuming your child can't write. But if the child can scribble his own name, then it's ok for him to scribble his name in the box, then you sign after his name (within that same box and and still write "Mother" in brackets after your own signature) . Then Put the child's full name in the next box that says: "Print Your Full Name"

The check!!! D-uh! $1070 AOS fee.

It'd be more work for them to take things out of the protectors. You can simply use paper clips. No staples.

I see, I think clipping the doc together would be a better idea, you're right it might be frustrating for them to take the docs out of the protectors.

Thanks for mentioning the check as well

I have a questions, there is a part in G325A asking "This form is submitted in connection with" and there are three options Naturalization, Status as Permanent Residence and Other(specify).. which one should I choose?

There is a box in I-485 asking for I-94#. Is it different from the Admission Number printed on I-94? I'm on OPT now and my A number is now my USCIS# printed on my OPT card. I'm kinda confused where I should locate the number. I appreciate if you help me find it. Thank you so much.

I'm planning on sending my doc through FedEx, is this the address I should send my docs to?

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thanks for your help

'Joint sponsor'? Do you mean you had your own funds + someone to sponsor you? Because, i am in that situation and I am not sure if I should go for 2 I-134 forms or just one. Did you have two?
I had one I-134 form. I didn't submit any my financial reports, only my sponsor's.
I don't know why they are called as joit sponsor but my lawyer calles them that way.

Scheduled for what? When did you send your application?

Scheduled to be crowned princess of the dessert world, will leave earth on sugar spaceship to the fluffy planet on the 31st.
I send my application 89 years ago when the magical light appointed me to rule over anything sugary.

In other words, will have biometrics on 31st ;)
Send I-485 around 3 weeks ago and confirmed acceptance on 9th of may.

Scheduled to be crowned princess of the dessert world, will leave earth on sugar spaceship to the fluffy planet on the 31st.
I send my application 89 years ago when the magical light appointed me to rule over anything sugary.

In other words, will have biometrics on 31st ;)
Send I-485 around 3 weeks ago and confirmed acceptance on 9th of may.

Mel you're such an interesting character

High Number 72,***

Thanks for such a great forum ! I am currently on f2 and I am assuming my number will become current in August 2013. My number is 72,*** and here are my questions.
1. Do u think 2 months is enough to do adjustment of status ? ( really don't want to do CP because of huge traveling expenses)
2. How early can I do the medicals ? I see some people doing them before there numbers became current
3. Any thing else I can do before hand ? My forms are all filled out just waiting to mail them. Any other advise ?
Thanks !

emplyement green card application and DV lottery

Hello, I am the winner of DV lottery 2014, I am asking this question here, because I assume that somebody was in my situation last year (DV lottery 2013).
I have a question regarding the conflict between EB-2 category application and DV lottery winning.
My husband (h1b) perm is pending and if everything goes OK it will be certified by the end of July. Then I-140 and I-485 will be filled concurrently for us. I will be derivative (H-4). Yesterday, I noticed I won DV Lottery 2014 with case number that probably will be current in January 2014. At that time I will be able to file AOS for me (as primary) and for my spouse (as derivative).
I have some questions assuming the PERM gets certified on time:
1. Will I be able to file I-485 for me (as primary) and for my husband (as derivative) if we have pending EB-2 I-485s with my spouse being primary and me being derivative?
2. What will happen if we file both ?

thank you for your time.

Hi,
I have a question, I'm current on june, if I want my package to be in chicago on 1st june when should I send it. 1st june is saturday, so what's the best date and what's the best way to sent the package?

Thanks

Hi,
I have a question, I'm current on june, if I want my package to be in chicago on 1st june when should I send it. 1st june is saturday, so what's the best date and what's the best way to sent the package?

Thanks

You can send it on Friday, May 31st via FedEx using next business day delivery, it will be delivered on Monday June 3rd. Alternatively, (if you want to save a couple of bucks) send it on Thursday, May 30th, via FedEx and select 2 business days delivery option, it also gets delivered the following Monday.

I-485 decision not made during interview due to pending I-131:

My wife and I appeared for I-485 interview today at the field office. Officer made us take Oath, asked for ID, asked for some documents that shows joint account or some document that shows we are living together. We showed all of these. Then Officer asked YES/NO question from I-485 application. We thought everything went well. HERE CAME A BIG SURPRISE.... Then Officer told us that decision cannot be made because our I-131 (Travel document) is still pending and National Benefit Center has not transferred original file. I felt 440V shock that time. Thought interviews are scheduled after everything is complete. We returned empty handed today after driving 12 hrs (two way).....

I guess now all I can do is wait for I-131 approval. Called USCIS and we are told it takes 90 days. Anyone in similar situation?

Don't worry it should be find. Your biometric visit was not even a month ago. It usually take a little more than a month to be approved.

Don't worry it should be find. Your biometric visit was not even a month ago. It usually take a little more than a month to be approved.

I am hoping for the same. I am not aware of reading anything like this. So I was excited before the interview today. But..... I did call USCIS and requested for expedited approval for I-131. I have overseas travel on June 28....

I-485 decision not made during interview due to pending I-131:

My wife and I appeared for I-485 interview today at the field office. Officer made us take Oath, asked for ID, asked for some documents that shows joint account or some document that shows we are living together. We showed all of these. Then Officer asked YES/NO question from I-485 application. We thought everything went well. HERE CAME A BIG SURPRISE.... Then Officer told us that decision cannot be made because our I-131 (Travel document) is still pending and National Benefit Center has not transferred original file. I felt 440V shock that time. Thought interviews are scheduled after everything is complete. We returned empty handed today after driving 12 hrs (two way).....

I guess now all I can do is wait for I-131 approval. Called USCIS and we are told it takes 90 days. Anyone in similar situation?

first of all..man :\ *pats on back* that sucks.. But you've gone so far and nothing was wrong on your behalf :) This is just a time detour, but shouldn't lower your chances for anything :)
Not every case will go smooth, some people has it better, some people has it worse. Just keep hoping, we'll all be cheering for you! :D

Second of all...
"My wife and I" you said..meaning..
YOU'RE A GUYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excuse my insensitivity for this moment but the great mystery is finally solved ;) you played well muahahahha!

But yeah...you'll be fine :) Keep up a positive attitude!

My biometrics are scheduled on the 31st of this month..
Can I just do a walk-in? :3

If I do..would it speed up processes?
Or would they be "Hey you! It's not even your appointment date yet, you impatient creature, leaaaveee" D':

My biometrics are scheduled on the 31st of this month..
Can I just do a walk-in? :3

If I do..would it speed up processes?
Or would they be "Hey you! It's not even your appointment date yet, you impatient creature, leaaaveee" D':

It will not really spread up the process. The walk in biometrics really depends on the office but you need to have a good reason to be allowed to get in before the date you are scheduled