• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hello everyone.
I will share my experience that I had today. I had the interview this morning. The Interview went pretty much smooth, most of the questions were Yes/NO questions. It took about 15 min. The IO gave me a piece of paper that says my greencard process has been approved!! Yeah!!:D She took I-94 from my passport and EAD Card. She said I am going to receive a green card in 2 or 3 weeks.

Good luck to everyone!!

congratulations. No documents asked?

Was this response from a level 2 officer or from the first person that you spoke with? If you didn't speak with a level 2 officer, I suggest you call again and request to be connected with a level 2
Good luck!
Thanks sm1smom,
Will try again tomorrow.

Hello everyone.
I will share my experience that I had today. I had the interview this morning. The Interview went pretty much smooth, most of the questions were Yes/NO questions. It took about 15 min. The IO gave me a piece of paper that says my greencard process has been approved!! Yeah!!:D She took I-94 from my passport and EAD Card. She said I am going to receive a green card in 2 or 3 weeks.

Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats!!!!

Hello,

In I-485, which parts do I need to fill up on behalf of my 5 years old son? is it 5 and 6?

"Print your full name"- my name or my kid's name?

Thanks!

Hello everyone.

Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats!!

Yo yo,
for the last part in the I-134, when it says

"I acknowledge that I have read "Sponsor and Alien Liability" on Page 2 of the instructions for this form, and am aware of my
responsibilities as a sponsor under the Social Security Act, as amended, and the Food Stamp Act, as amended. ___________"

What do we write for the "______" part? A "Yes"?

Hello everyone.

Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations!!!
Were you asked to show any documents during the interview?

Hello everyone.

Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations!

Friends,
Many people go for their biometrics before the date initially indicated in the letter they receive. I am wondering if the same applies to interviews.
Have you heard of anyone in the past who requested/did his interview before the date indicated on his interview letter ?

Thanks.

Friends,
Many people go for their biometrics before the date initially indicated in the letter they receive. I am wondering if the same applies to interviews.
Have you heard of anyone in the past who requested/did his interview before the date indicated on his interview letter ?

Thanks.

USCIS is a lot more strict with interview than Biometrics. You will not be let into the premises for an interview without an appointment. The IO has to be prepared to receive you for your interview, they will not be running up and down trying to locate your file for an interview if you show up ahead of your interview date. Your file is not needed for Biometrics hence the possibility of doing a Bio ahead of the scheduled date.

Congratulations!!!
Were you asked to show any documents during the interview?

I was asked to show the IO my highschool certificate which I didn't submit with I-485 at the same time... I thought my lawyer did, also, I was asked to show the Employment Authorization and Advance Parole. Oh, the IO asked me what kind of relationship my joint sponsor and I have about I-134 which I submitted with I-485. That's all!!

Hope it helps you out!!

Hey guys, its me again :) ....struggling with my forms and documents. I got few quick questions...First thing, would anyone share their I-485 form ( with basic info filled up, hiding your credentials), i am really confused with this form, BTW im doing AOS here in U.S. and im in OPT rit now which start from June 15. I would really appreciate if anyone would do that and help me out. Another question, i got a job offer from Chicago and they want me to start training from june 1st but right now i'm in GA so when i filled out DSP-122, i put my current address which is of someone i know and will be permanent so will that be a problem later on when i move to Chicago? Do i have to come to Savannah for interview or it does not matter where i do the interview. Third question, do i need sponsor in my case? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you everyone !

case number: 2013AS.......10xxx

I was asked to show the IO my highschool certificate which I didn't submit with I-485 at the same time... I thought my lawyer did, also, I was asked to show the Employment Authorization and Advance Parole. Oh, the IO asked me what kind of relationship my joint sponsor and I have about I-134 which I submitted with I-485. That's all!!

Hope it helps you out!!

'Joint sponsor'? Do you mean you had your own funds + someone to sponsor you? Because, i am in that situation and I am not sure if I should go for 2 I-134 forms or just one. Did you have two?

Congrats chokolate! :)

Hey guys, its me again :) ....struggling with my forms and documents. I got few quick questions...First thing, would anyone share their I-485 form ( with basic info filled up, hiding your credentials), i am really confused with this form, BTW im doing AOS here in U.S. and im in OPT rit now which start from June 15. I would
The form itself is pretty straightforward, the instructions can be a bit confusing since they are mostly about what other documents to file with I-485. If you post specific question numbers in the form that you don't understand, people can help.

really appreciate if anyone would do that and help me out. Another question, i got a job offer from Chicago and they want me to start training from june 1st but right now i'm in GA so when i filled out DSP-122, i put my current address which is of someone i know and will be permanent so will that be a problem later on when i move to

You can resend the DSP122, and it won't really matter much since KCC is not really doing anything for you. When you submit I485, you'll need to write a current address, if that changes too, you can do an online address chance on USCIS web site. But....
Chicago? Do i have to come to Savannah for interview or it does not matter where i do the interview.
If I were you, I would come back for the interview to the original address if I had already sent the I-485, because when you change your address, your FO will change too, you don't want your application to travel from one USCIS office to other; it can have significant delay.
Third question, do i need sponsor in my case? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you everyone !
If you can get some kind of offer letter that states your hire date and salary from your new employer, you'd be fine I guess. But you might want to get an infopass and double check with your FO.
case number: 2013AS.......10xxx

Hello everyone.

Good luck to everyone!!

CONGRATZZZZ Chocolatoooooo!! :)