• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Guys very important question. Do we need to submit extra photographs if we also filed I 131? We only included 2 photo per person for I 485 and I 131. I hope we did the right thing. Really worried now.

Guys very important question. Do we need to submit extra photographs if we also filed I 131? We only included 2 photo per person for I 485 and I 131. I hope we did the right thing. Really worried now.

I'd say don't worry about it. I do not know what they do with all those photos, I believe the only pictures they really use are the ones they take during bio interview.

And our IO asked us if we were photographed during bio, as if it is optional! :)

Thanks aos13 for temp relief. I read somewhere that they need 2 extra pics for 131. It got me so worried. I really dont care if they dont accept 131, but i 485 should nt be sent back. I hope papers get accepted without any issues.
Thanks again.

I'd say don't worry about it. I do not know what they do with all those photos, I believe the only pictures they really use are the ones they take during bio interview.

And our IO asked us if we were photographed during bio, as if it is optional! :)

hey guys/girls/and moms :),
sorry for the delay, but I got my GC on friday! Yaaaayyyyyayayayay!! Good luck to the rest of you who has not got it yet.

Hi, everyone.
I finally received the interview letter after I waited for almost 7months. I have been contacting with a congressman, and he's been working very well for me! My interview date is on 5/20.. I have to wait 2 more weeks but better than a month?!

Congrats!!!!

I am still waiting almost like you 6 months now!!! and I did contact congressman twice and they told that they will let me know this coming week what FO will tell them!!!

I have a question to people who already finished your interview.

Did the IO tell you that you would recieve a green card? or Did the IO give you a letter or something at the end of the interview? or You wouldn't know if you would recieve your green card until your case changed Decision to CPO?

Thank you

We both got letters that stated congratulations on our approvals and with indications related to traveling abroad before getting the actual cards. So some people know the decision on the spot and I guess this depends much on your FO and your IO.

Pryanik :)

I have a question to people who already finished your interview.

Did the IO tell you that you would recieve a green card? or Did the IO give you a letter or something at the end of the interview? or You wouldn't know if you would recieve your green card until your case changed Decision to CPO?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you'll get a great news!!

Congrats chokolate ! and hope that Nannous will hear the good news very soon .
Can you share with us any of your particular details (status/documents/country..) that may have led to this very long wait for your interview letter ?

Thanks.

Hi, everyone.
I finally received the interview letter after I waited for almost 7months. I have been contacting with a congressman, and he's been working very well for me! My interview date is on 5/20.. I have to wait 2 more weeks but better than a month?!

Congrats!!! for your interview letter.

I hope everything goes smooth for rest of us.

Anyways i live in Cerritos,CA so my FO should be Los Angeles. I guess Chokplate is the third person who have issue in this FO. Now my fingers are crossed because I dont have 7-8 months to wait.

Possibility to move ut of state and job change

Guys,

I just came to know that my job will end by next month. And i might have to move out of state and change the company and transfer my H1B with different company. I live in Cerritos,CA near LA, I am trying not to go out of state if possible, My company is trying to move me to SFO.
Now as i have applied for AOS at this point what shall i do. Will i have any delays or problem if I move out of state because this will change my FO, any suggestions?

Guys,

So for the I-134 it asks for real estate value, mortgage etc. I was planning to ask this really friendly old friend :) The thing is, he is renting his place from a landlord (don't really like the landlord and want nothing to do with him).

Can this nice old man still be my sponsor? Even though he rents his place out of someone else?

----------------------
Also, "I have other personal property, the reasonable value of which is.." other property as in everything in your house? So you should estimate and put a price on everything? Cars too?

Or does other property mean 'second house'? x_x

Interview experience

Hello everyone.

I have been reading this forum, and the posts have helped me a lot during my AOS package prep. Thank you all the posters.

Here is our interview experience. Our appointment in Chicago FO was at 8 am and 8:30am for me and my wife. I am a grad student with F-1 visa and my wife is on F-2. Interview was very quick, 20-30 minutes. IO introduced himself and swore us in. He was very kind, and attentive. He wanted our passports and IDs. I told him that our baby is a US citizen, and he wanted to make a copy of the baby's birth certificate. He then asked our birth certificates. Then he asked most of the yes - no questions on I-485 to me and my wife simultaneously.Then some like if I ever been out of status in US before, and asked my wife how many times she entered the US (she couldn't remember exactly 3 or 4). He looked through all the package I sent. I noticed he skipped income tax and pay stub stuff, but he seemed to read the cover letter (which lists the documents I had sent in the package), employment/student status letter from my university. Asked for the original of our marriage certificate. I had an i-134 from a friend (not included in the original AOS package), just in case, but he didn't ask for it.

During the interview we chatted a little, because most of the time was just him reading stuff in our package, not really asking questions to us, so I got bored and I started some small talk. I told him how they start working really early, unlike the academia, he heartily agreed, he told us how he admires PhD students, mentioned how they get special cases like DV , rarely in their office, etc.

At the end he said everything seemed OK, he would approve our case the same day and if something comes up we would receive a letter. On the way out, I asked him if we will get an update, he said he doesn't know how the online system works but he added that sometimes people got update text messages before even leaving the building.

Unfortunately, we never received updates since then. Online status is still "accepted" for I-485. But I guess it is too early to tell.

Anybody had any experience with Chicago FO before? Are they slow to update status?

Thanks

Congrats chokolate ! and hope that Nannous will hear the good news very soon .
Can you share with us any of your particular details (status/documents/country..) that may have led to this very long wait for your interview letter ?

Thanks.

Thank you!

I don't know what you want me to share with... there is really nothing to share except I waited for 7 months to recieve the interview letter.:(
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE
This is the spredsheet for 2013, so you can see where my FO is or what my status is etc..:)

Hello everyone.

I have been reading this forum, and the posts have helped me a lot during my AOS package prep. Thank you all the posters.

Thanks

Congrats anon,
I think lot of people had same experience as you. I hope you get ur update soon. Majority of the members here doing AOS in SFO or LA. I think ur d first one from Chicago. No1 here for Minneapolis too :(

Guys,

So for the I-134 it asks for real estate value, mortgage etc. I was planning to ask this really friendly old friend :) The thing is, he is renting his place from a landlord (don't really like the landlord and want nothing to do with him).

Can this nice old man still be my sponsor? Even though he rents his place out of someone else?

----------------------
Also, "I have other personal property, the reasonable value of which is.." other property as in everything in your house? So you should estimate and put a price on everything? Cars too?

Or does other property mean 'second house'? x_x

Mel,
I dont think so it will matter if he got a house or not. What matters is his income. If his income is above the limits prescribed by USICS than there shouldn't be any problem.

Hi, everyone.

Congratulation man! That's a very good news. Now let's all hope that Nannous will receive his letter soon.

Hello everyone.

Here is our interview experience.

thank you for sharing your experience. congratulation you will receive your cards very soon, dont worry.