• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hi, everyone.
I finally received the interview letter after I waited for almost 7months. I have been contacting with a congressman, and he's been working very well for me! My interview date is on 5/20.. I have to wait 2 more weeks but better than a month?!

Wow, that would be very nerve wrecking. Good luck with your interview.!

Hi, everyone.
I finally received the interview letter after I waited for almost 7months. I have been contacting with a congressman, and he's been working very well for me! My interview date is on 5/20.. I have to wait 2 more weeks but better than a month?!

Finally! Congratulations and good luck with the interview.

The congressman's office worker told me that my case hadn't been sent to my FO when he started reserching on my case, which is 2 weeks ago!!

!!! :( Is there any way this is due to you doing something blatantly wrong like forgetting the barcode page, checking the wrong category in I-485, or something? Forgive me for asking, I'm just trying to understand what could go so terribly wrong. You have called USCIS many times, I'm assuming, how come they didn't tell you it wasn't sent to FO yet?

!!! :( Is there any way this is due to you doing something blatantly wrong like forgetting the barcode page, checking the wrong category in I-485, or something? Forgive me for asking, I'm just trying to understand what could go so terribly wrong. You have called USCIS many times, I'm assuming, how come they didn't tell you it wasn't sent to FO yet?

I don't think I made any mistakes but, I don't know if my lowyer did or didn't. Anyway, I have no idea why USCIS did't tell me anything.

I don't think I made any mistakes but, I don't know if my lowyer did or didn't. Anyway, I have no idea why USCIS did't tell me anything.

That is odd. Usually they know where the case is. Maybe it was sent and it just sat somewhere at FO, and now they are saying it didn't arrive to save their backs. Anyway, congrats! :) Worst is over. Relax and start getting ready for your interview :)

Hi, everyone.

hooo!! g.o.o.d l.u.c.k ! :)

Mel,

Take a deep breadth. You are looking at it all wrong. YOU are the only one who needs to show finances. So it's still something like 14-15K according to guidelines for a single person (unless there is somebody else in your household for whom you are financially responsible).
If you show that amount of money in your bank account, you are fine. If you show that amount of money in your parents' bank account, you could be fine too I guess, but technically they may still require you to get an I-134. And remember, your I-20 shows that you are able to pay for your tuition and expenses. Talk to your parents first and see what you can arrange. In the mean time, start working your network to find a LPR or USC who would sign I-134 for you in case you need it.

*breath in* *breath out* *hiccup*
Honestly I don't have 15k in my account cause I usually use up my monthly allowance by the end of the month. (and monthly allowance isn't 15 k anyways)

Would it be okay if my parents suddenly transferred me 15 k?

So pretty much the interviewers would see how I usually have $xxx but for this month $15000, is that 'weird and unacceptable'?

I was planning to have my parents transfer me the necessary money, AND to get a sponsor just in case.
Yet, I don't want to bother my friends too much and give them a hassle. Does anyone know the responsibilities of the sponsor?
Do they help you in terms of letting you use their name and signature only? Do they actually have to pay for us? Do they have to come to interview for us? Are they responsible for us? I want to know the extent of their job. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
*breath in* *breath out* *hiccup*
Honestly I don't have 15k in my account cause I usually use up my monthly allowance by the end of the month. (and monthly allowance isn't 15 k anyways)

Would it be okay if my parents suddenly transferred me 15 k?

So pretty much the interviewers would see how I usually have $xxx but for this month $15000, is that 'weird and unacceptable'?

I was planning to have my parents transfer me the necessary money, AND to get a sponsor just in case.
Yet, I don't want to bother my friends too much and give them a hassle. Does anyone know the responsibilities of the sponsor?
Do they help you in terms of letting you use their name and signature only? Do they actually have to pay for us? Do they have to come to interview for us? Are they responsible for us? I want to know the extent of their job. :eek:

I don't think there would be a problem by transferring the money. But remember, there is a good chance you'll have to pay taxes on that money. But this is something you'll have to sort out next year, so don't worry about it yet. If suddenly money pops up in your account and it is clear it is coming from your dad, nobody will raise a question regarding your financials as far as the USCIS is concerned. But it is best to inform yourself about international money transfers first. If you send money to certain countries, you can get into real trouble, I don't know if the other way around is a problem. Also you may have to declare something to somewhere etc. Just find out.

I-134 has a strong language, yes they will be responsible for you. They don't pay anything but if you end up using public assistance, then they will be responsible, so don't use public assistance :) The part people don't like about I-134 is that it is not just a name and signature, they have to disclose their financials, like tax returns, property, job salary, etc. So it is not something you can ask a "friend", you have to find somebody close who is willing to do it for you.

I don't think there would be a problem by transferring the money. But remember, there is a good chance you'll have to pay taxes on that money. But this is something you'll have to sort out next year, so don't worry about it yet. If suddenly money pops up in your account and it is clear it is coming from your dad, nobody will raise a question regarding your financials as far as the USCIS is concerned. But it is best to inform yourself about international money transfers first. If you send money to certain countries, you can get into real trouble, I don't know if the other way around is a problem. Also you may have to declare something to somewhere etc. Just find out.

I-134 has a strong language, yes they will be responsible for you. They don't pay anything but if you end up using public assistance, then they will be responsible, so don't use public assistance :) The part people don't like about I-134 is that it is not just a name and signature, they have to disclose their financials, like tax returns, property, job salary, etc. So it is not something you can ask a "friend", you have to find somebody close who is willing to do it for you.

Thanks Aos :(
I noticed that 'making 15k yearly' equals to $1000+ monthly (so not 15k monthly)
Do you think it'll be okay if I have about 1000-ish in my bank, and print my parents bank records?

as for the 1-34..Oh man :\
Let's say the sponsor has 5 people in his family, meaning that according to the I-864 he need to make at least $34,462?
If he sponsors for me, all he has to show is that he makes $34,462 annually right? Or will the price go up cause he's taking responsibility for me ($39,487 cause 6 people now)?

Oh Mr Whale D: this is such a hassle :(

Mel,
I agree with AOS that I 134 requires lot of personal information. Lot of people wont be comfortable sharing that kind of information. What can i suggest is you can ask them to fill it out and seal in a envelop so that they know its only shared with government and no one else. That's jus an idea, you decide whats works best for you. Cheers!!

Thanks Aos :(
I noticed that 'making 15k yearly' equals to $1000+ monthly (so not 15k monthly)
Do you think it'll be okay if I have about 1000-ish in my bank, and print my parents bank records?

as for the 1-34..Oh man :\
Let's say the sponsor has 5 people in his family, meaning that according to the I-864 he need to make at least $34,462?
If he sponsors for me, all he has to show is that he makes $34,462 annually right? Or will the price go up cause he's taking responsibility for me ($39,487 cause 6 people now)?

Oh Mr Whale D: this is such a hassle :(

You don't have to fill that one

I'm planning to send a bunch of people messages at the same time about this sponsorship.
Therefore I want to show them the form before they decide, don't want them to get overwhelmed by the amount of questions.
Because of that, it would be a good idea to know which forms are related.

Showing them the I-134 and the next day being 'oops this one too', 2 days later being 'and this one' is sloppy. Can't do.

Interesting!;)

tru dat! :eek:

hmmn hmmn :cool:

I'm planning to send a bunch of people messages at the same time about this sponsorship.
Therefore I want to show them the form before they decide, don't want them to get overwhelmed by the amount of questions.
Because of that, it would be a good idea to know which forms are related.

Showing them the I-134 and the next day being 'oops this one too', 2 days later being 'and this one' is sloppy. Can't do.

You will need the i-134.. The documents to support it are shown on the same form. Don't sweat it