• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Welcome young apprentice :) Forgive me, I'm just having fun today seeing all those people finding out they've won. Brings back good memories.

2XXX is somewhat high for OC. So there is a chance that your OPT runs out before you have a chance to send your application. DSP-122 does not make you legal, it's the I-485 that you need to send after you are current, even then it's advisable for you to be in status until the day of your interview.

Are you in one of those STEM fields ? If you are, you can extend your OPT. Otherwise, you can apply for H1B and you'll be in status during that process. If these two fail, then you are going back to Oz to get your DV by CP. Given that you have a high number, it might be a better option anyway, AOS takes a whole lot longer than CP.

Thanks for that :) So I guess I could do all the preparation from here and then just fly back for the interview? I guess I can wait a few months to see how fast they are making CNs for OC current.

Thanks for that :) So I guess I could do all the preparation from here and then just fly back for the interview? I guess I can wait a few months to see how fast they are making CNs for OC current.

You may not want to wait that long. You need to choose between CP and AOS before you send your DSP-122, you can either delay that which may not be a good idea given your high number, or you can change your selection later which may introduce some delay to your case.

I'll go ahead and answer 2014 questions in aos 2014 thread.

-You have to bring your financial history: W-2s, tax returns, pay stubs, current employment letter signed and dated close to your interview date; if you are not currently employed, bank statements and/or I-134.

Bank statement as in, show them my account (what I spend on and such) for the past months?
My parents has more money than me, I live by the month, they don't. Is it better if I ask for my parents bank statement?

(I have a debit card where they send me money to every months, so our bank accounts are not connected)

Ha! You'll see the difference when all other people start getting their letters, and you won't!
:D
Just joking, but it is very easy to obsess with why other people get their letters before you, some of them actually sent after you, maybe you should've written a cover letter, you should've written your case number on every page, maybe you should've used Fedex, what if they didn't see your DV letter, what if things got separated, maybe you should've clipped them together, you should've put the DV letter as the first thing, or may be I-485 as the first thing, maybe it's the money order vs. check, etc.etc.etc.

So I suggest everybody who sent their stuff in May, just take it easy and relax. Start getting ready for your interview, collect all your documents and wait for your letters.

MAN!! dude! I got a mini heart attack there when you said I won't get my letter! -_-

Anyways, I followed a specific order I read on the USCIS website. Even though the people there will sort it out for you, but this is suggested. I actually forgot to post this for others to see but if there is anyone out there who hasn't send their stuff yet, here's the order :)

-Check or money order
-Form G-1145, Request for e-Notification (if applicable)
-Form G-28 (if applicable)
-Form being filed
-Supporting documentation

MAN!! dude! I got a mini heart attack there when you said I won't get my letter! -_-

Anyways, I followed a specific order I read on the USCIS website. Even though the people there will sort it out for you, but this is suggested. I actually forgot to post this for others to see but if there is anyone out there who hasn't send their stuff yet, here's the order :)

-Check or money order
-Form G-1145, Request for e-Notification (if applicable)
-Form G-28 (if applicable)
-Form being filed
-Supporting documentation

Sorry :) As I said there is no reason to worry about this stuff. It is amazing they actually posted something about order of documents, I had not seen that.

Sorry :) As I said there is no reason to worry about this stuff. It is amazing they actually posted something about order of documents, I had not seen that.

Hahaha, yeah now you tell me after you gave me a mini attack first :) :p

There are actually small hints and details scattered throughout different documents relating to I-485 and others.
I think that's why most people are rather stressed and confused about it. Since we can't just depend on one site, every new link and links within links, and links within links links will contain crucial information here and there. :)

Oh! I just noticed that I imagined all of you guys as Americans...then realized that everyone here is doing Adjustment of Status, so probably none is American :)

Silly me. I shall assign animal faces instead to Americano faces to all of you then~ Mom is a kittycat~ Aos is a whale in a suit, eri is a beaver.

Oh! I just noticed that I imagined all of you guys as Americans...then realized that everyone here is doing Adjustment of Status, so probably none is American :)

Silly me. I shall assign animal faces instead to Americano faces to all of you then~ Mom is a kittycat~ Aos is a whale in a suit, eri is a beaver.

a beaver?? hell no. I'm a wolf. And everybody here is probably more american than me. I've been in the U.S for 10 months.lol

Silly me. I shall assign animal faces instead to Americano faces to all of you then~ Mom is a kittycat~.

Cat??? arrrrgggg! Sorry gurl, I can't stand cats .... (not unless you mean a Jaguar! or something similar along that line) nothing personal against the cat lovers in the house! (as a matter of fact, I don't even do pets!!!)

Mom, I actually am a dog person but I thought cats look cute (especially in the asian culture haha).
Okay you know what? CHANGE! You're a kangaroo! :D Like the one in winnie the pooh!

Aos13, still a whale! But a dress now! Do you wear dresses? :eek:

Eri, still beaver~

process

For all those who will find out that they have been selected for DV 2013... post your questions here.

We will do our best to answer your questions as fully and thoroughly as possible.

So my number is arnd 9xxx ...and my county has arnd 4500 slots...so am i too high to apply for an AOS...if not...what is the process of AOS...
Send DSP-122 & 2pics to KCC..wait for NL..after the mail..send AOS fee...and ..??

So my number is arnd 9xxx ...and my county has arnd 4500 slots...so am i too high to apply for an AOS...if not...what is the process of AOS...
Send DSP-122 & 2pics to KCC..wait for NL..after the mail..send AOS fee...and ..??

Try the AOS 2014 thread :) You'll find answers.

Looking for some help to a little question, posted this in another forum but thought I'd post it here as well.

I got in, 2014OC00001xxx (hope thats properly censored). From New Zealand. Sending the documents currently.

I'm about to work on a cruise ship starting June 17th though and returning November, does anyone know if this will hurt my chances of getting the green card? I've got my mothers address down KCC to send the next letter to, so hopefully she can let me know the details and I can sort out payment and reschedualing the appointment if I need to, from away in the sea. Does anyone know if this is possible or am I biting off more than I can chew?

Maybe my number is high and my interview won't be for a while anyway. I'm hoping that I'll be able to pay fees online and check details of the interview visa the diversity lottery webpage, and then corrospond visa email to change the interview time if I have to.