• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

package sent !!!!! Could anyone show me how to add a signature???

Congrats and good luck!

To add signature, go to "Forum Actions" at the top of the page, click on the drop-down button and select "Edit Signature" and select "Edit Signature" under "My Settings"

For those who wonder what they need to bring to the interview:
-You have to bring originals AND copies of everything you already have sent with your package.
-You have to bring originals (and preferably copies too) of every single document that is related to your status in this country, your whole immigration history: all I-20s, all H1B petitions, all DS2019s,SSN,EAD,OPT etc.
-You have to bring all your education history: HS,BS,MS,PhD etc. diplomas and copies (and translations if not in English), current degree transcripts, letters if still in school.
-You have to bring your financial history: W-2s, tax returns, pay stubs, current employment letter signed and dated close to your interview date; if you are not currently employed, bank statements and/or I-134.

-If you are not single, marriage certificate, birth certificate of your spouse, birth certificates of your children (even if they are USC).
-Anything that is a proof of your marriage, joint bank/card accounts, insurance, joint tax returns etc. anything that has both your names on it. And some nice wedding photos etc. If you are married within the last year, expect more scrutiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the 2-3 one cause $30 for a 1-2 days difference is not worth for me :)

Ha! You'll see the difference when all other people start getting their letters, and you won't!
:D
Just joking, but it is very easy to obsess with why other people get their letters before you, some of them actually sent after you, maybe you should've written a cover letter, you should've written your case number on every page, maybe you should've used Fedex, what if they didn't see your DV letter, what if things got separated, maybe you should've clipped them together, you should've put the DV letter as the first thing, or may be I-485 as the first thing, maybe it's the money order vs. check, etc.etc.etc.

So I suggest everybody who sent their stuff in May, just take it easy and relax. Start getting ready for your interview, collect all your documents and wait for your letters.

I- 485 submission

Guys,

When I came in USA i was on F1 and now I am on H1B. Do you think I also need to submit my I-20s or H1B documents will be good enough.

I will send my package is few hours.

Guys,

When I came in USA i was on F1 and now I am on H1B. Do you think I also need to submit my I-20s or H1B documents will be good enough.

For the package, send copies of your current H1B notice and I-94. You'll need the rest for the interview.

Guys,

I don't think you need it for the initial sending, but I've copied my F1 visa and my Last I-20 anyway. I've had all of these scanned when filing for H1B. For current status I sent my H1B Approval letter and new I-94. (dont have a visa cuz i did AOS on that)

I don't think you need it for the initial sending, but I've copied my F1 visa and my Last I-20 anyway. I've had all of these scanned when filing for H1B. For current status I sent my H1B Approval letter and new I-94. (dont have a visa cuz i did AOS on that)

Thanks sunster

I just received one page letter for interview that had info about date, time, location of office, and asking to bring government issued ID. It said nothing about the supplementary docs. Did you receive any additional docs than this?

I plan to take all the originals that I had submitted with I-485.

My letter also contained no list of docs. Just one page with the address and date/time and asking for passport, i-94 and I think that was mostly it. But there was one other box that was ticked and said something general along the lines of "any relevant documents" and "originals". I really think it should be standard procedure for everyone here to take every piece of paper that could be relevant and all originals. Why take any chances...

Hello peeps

I am a lucky selectee for DV2014. Im Australian and in the US on an F1 visa. I have OPT Employment Authorization card (OPT EAC) valid until 2 June 2014. So after reading these forums for a few hours I have a few questions.

It looks like my CN number is VERY high CN : 2014OC00002XXX. I was looking in the visa bulletins and I havent even seen a number that high??

So my question is if my number will only become current AFTER my OPT EAC expires by filing the DSP-122 form now can I just stay legally in the US until my number becomes valid and I can send my AOS package? Will I have to cease employment between the expiry of the OPT EAC and the interview? Confused as to what i should do.

Hello peeps

I am a lucky selectee for DV2014. Im Australian and in the US on an F1 visa. I have OPT Employment Authorization card (OPT EAC) valid until 2 June 2014. So after reading these forums for a few hours I have a few questions.

It looks like my CN number is VERY high CN : 2014OC00002XXX. I was looking in the visa bulletins and I havent even seen a number that high??

So my question is if my number will only become current AFTER my OPT EAC expires by filing the DSP-122 form now can I just stay legally in the US until my number becomes valid and I can send my AOS package? Will I have to cease employment between the expiry of the OPT EAC and the interview? Confused as to what i should do.

Welcome young apprentice :) Forgive me, I'm just having fun today seeing all those people finding out they've won. Brings back good memories.

2XXX is somewhat high for OC. So there is a chance that your OPT runs out before you have a chance to send your application. DSP-122 does not make you legal, it's the I-485 that you need to send after you are current, even then it's advisable for you to be in status until the day of your interview.

Are you in one of those STEM fields ? If you are, you can extend your OPT. Otherwise, you can apply for H1B and you'll be in status during that process. If these two fail, then you are going back to Oz to get your DV by CP. Given that you have a high number, it might be a better option anyway, AOS takes a whole lot longer than CP.

Hello peeps

Congratulations on your selection. Unfortunately, if your OPT expires before your number becomes current, you will not be able to do AOS, you will need to go back to your home country and do CP processing. If however you're able to extend your OPT, get a new F1 visa or you're able to get a H1 visa at the end of your OPT expiration, then you should be able to do AOS. For starters, your DV fiscal year starts in OCtober 2013, you have to be in a current legal status in the US in order to do AOS, just sending in your DSP-122 form to KCC is not enough to make you AOS eligible.