• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

You don't seem to think very highly of females :confused: :D If anybody is calm and collected, that's Sm1smom :) I took great care to use a gender neutral language, didn't even use words like "husband/wife", always used "spouse", didn't mention others by he/she as much as I can. I won't change that now. So keep wondering :)

Mom is calm and collective cause she's a mom already :) She needs to be!
Well, girls tend to use feelings and become emotional, while guys use straight logic and can seem cold. Not in all cases off course :) but it's quite common to see in daily life.
Off course in forums, you can only read, not hear, the way people talk and act.

AOS13 your name gives absolutely no clue of gender.
So I'm just gonna think of you as man on the left side, and woman on the right! -_- huh :)

I'm not even close.... by the way, I'm the only one who didn't send his package by now...I will use the overnight delivery with fedew tomorrow.

I send using the USPS.
She recommended the one with 2-3 business day being $11.
I asked if there was one faster, she said overnight...$40

It might depend on where and what place you're sending it through, but heads up don't be shocked about the price :)

I took the 2-3 one cause $30 for a 1-2 days difference is not worth for me :)

I'm going from one surprise to the next

united1, another name with no indication of gender whatsoever :)

Emir, I thought you were a guy first, but your emoticons were cute :)~ so I thought you're a she~ hahaha
no offense~ perfectly okay for a guy to use cute stuff ^^

united1, another name with no indication of gender whatsoever :)

Emir, I thought you were a guy first, but your emoticons were cute :)~ so I thought you're a she~ hahaha
no offense~ perfectly okay for a guy to use cute stuff ^^

did you write something on the envelope? a part from your address and the chicago p.o box

Since you don't have an I-20 for the new school, I'd say don't worry about it. Just because you have admission does not really mean anything, until you have your I-20 and are enrolled. I would not enroll in any classes yet. Chances are you'll get your GC before school starts so you won't even need an I-20. Your current status is OPT, send a copy of your I-20, a copy of your EAD, and a copy of the related notice you got from USCIS.

Actually, I've got admission from the same school that I just graduated from. But just read somewhere enrolling in a degree program while being on OPT would terminate OPT, so I think I won't enroll and hold on to it till I get my GC. Hopefully, being just admitted has not violated my OPT and my status either . My advisor said once it won't but I'm going to meet with her tmw to make sure my status is fine. Hopefully, it is.

What do you think?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'm gonna prepare for the interview letter.
Do we need anything for the interview that we did not submit on the I-485?

I know that we need proof to show we have enough finance.
Does anyone know how we proof it?

(My dad supplies, I don't need a sponsor, but how can I proof that dad has enough finance?)

I send using the USPS.
She recommended the one with 2-3 business day being $11.
I asked if there was one faster, she said overnight...$40

It might depend on where and what place you're sending it through, but heads up don't be shocked about the price :)

I took the 2-3 one cause $30 for a 1-2 days difference is not worth for me :)

I Sent Via USPS express(Flat rate envelope) for 19.95. Most locations will deliver over night.

Okay, I'm gonna prepare for the interview letter.
Do we need anything for the interview that we did not submit on the I-485?

I know that we need proof to show we have enough finance.
Does anyone know how we proof it?

(My dad supplies, I don't need a sponsor, but how can I proof that dad has enough finance?)

Is your dad a US permanent resident?

Hey guys,

Quick question: yesterday I got my interview letter, it arrived pretty fast, doesn't ask for any supporting documents so that's good. However, the address on it is wrong. I am referring to my address, the address it was mailed to. One of the digits in the house number is wrong but I am pretty sure the number they used does not exist. It arrived ok despite this but I am wondering if I should do something about it or not. I will obviously make sure they have the correct address when I go there and they will send the card afterwards (hopefully :) ) but before then I am fairly sure i do not need to receive anything. And USCIS does have the correct address, it is just this one FO letter that was wrong. So is there any other communication from them that might miss me if I don't fix this and also what is the best way to contact a FO in an effective way, since the letter itself has no email address or phone #.

Thanks in advance!

I just received one page letter for interview that had info about date, time, location of office, and asking to bring government issued ID. It said nothing about the supplementary docs. Did you receive any additional docs than this?

I plan to take all the originals that I had submitted with I-485.

Are you sure it does not have a list of items to bring with you to the interview? Sometimes it is on the interview letter, sometimes it is attached as a separate sheet. Regardless, you still have to take all original documents and whatever you think is necessary to the interview, don't just show up only with your passport! :)

All I got is 1 page letter with info about location and date and time for interview. IT did not ask for any other docs. But I will be prepared with all the originals. Not sure why Field office will have different policy. ANYONE, please, got any letter fro USCIS asking for additional docs to bring during interview?

Good luck to all of those who just sent their I-485 package recently. The process is irreversible now...

Good luck to all of those who just sent their I-485 package recently. The process is irreversible now...

Thanks Kazore,
Thinking abt it sometimes bring smile and sometime anxiousness. Its going to be long and one of the most exciting 2-3 months of our lives.