• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Mel,
I dont think so it will matter if he got a house or not. What matters is his income. If his income is above the limits prescribed by USICS than there shouldn't be any problem.

Thanks United :) but hen what should he write for mortgage and real estate? Since the ground doesn't even belong to him?

Mel,
He can leave that blank. One old lady at my work sponsored her son in law, and she owns no property. I checked with her, and she left it blank. Its all depends on income i guess. More informed members can add more to it.

Thanks United :) but hen what should he write for mortgage and real estate? Since the ground doesn't even belong to him?

Thank you Sm1smom for your answer :) Can you please explain what you meant by "advance notification"?
Thank you again for the help!

Most of the columns on the spreadsheet will not make any sense because you haven't even sent in your I-485 package yet, once you get to each of stages, the spreadsheet will make more sense. For now, you might want to note that 'ASC' stands for 'Application Support Centre' (this is where you get to do your Biometric) and 'FO' stands for 'Field Office' (where your interview will take place).

Like varxx already indicated, this is the correct spreadsheet for DV2013:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

There's been some back and forth over whether one can/should send in their I-485 package in advance of case number being current. At this stage, for those with higher case numbers, I suggest you make the call yourself. You can send in your package ahead of time if you wish, (most of us waited till we were current before doing so - maybe because we had lower case numbers?:confused:, maybe, maybe not). Anyway, if you decide to send it in early, I suggest you do so once your advance notification is released on the visa bulletin. That should buy you some time (that buys you like 2 months' time frame), should USCIC decide to reject and return the package, in that case the only thing you loose is your mailing fee and you get to re-send when your case becomes current.

AP is required for travel until you get GC in hand, if he uses his visa they may decide he gave up his GC petition. Do not take that risk.
THanks for the clarification. For anyone who has applied for the Advance parole in Part 1, number 3. Class of Admission what should we put in this this? Do i put whatever the current visa status is or something else that indicates a pending green card? Also what should we do for dates of intended travel when we are not sure the exact dates? I'm just concerned if they make the travel document with specific dates. What has been the experience of others? Thanks.

THanks for the clarification. For anyone who has applied for the Advance parole in Part 1, number 3. Class of Admission what should we put in this this? Do i put whatever the current visa status is or something else that indicates a pending green card? Also what should we do for dates of intended travel when we are not sure the exact dates? I'm just concerned if they make the travel document with specific dates. What has been the experience of others? Thanks.
OK, I couldn't find your original post, but I believe you guys were on H1B visa? I remember Sm1smom saying that H1B holders do not need AP for travel (unless their visa is expiring). So you might want to double check whether you really need AP. In any case, I never filed that form so I really can't help with it.

Anybody ?

Thank you Sm1smom for your answer :) Can you please explain what you meant by "advance notification"?
Thank you again for the help!

Ok, you know the visa bulletin is released monthly, and when it is comes out, it indicates the cut-off numbers for the current month applicable. There's another section, if you scroll further down, you will see Section C. called "ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN ...".

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5927.html

This is the advance notification section which gives information on the cut-off visa numbers for the next month following the particular month the visa bulletin is addressing. Hope this makes some sense?

That makes perfect sense! thank you very much.
One last request, my number becomes current in June; Would you please go over the list of documents I am going to send and let me know if I am missing anything? (or if you have a page number of a post on this thread that lists them)
I am a PhD student with an F1 visa (in case this information is relevant :))
List:
1)For I485
2)Fee 1170$
3)Birth Certificate (Copy + translation + letter of translator's certification)
4)Copies of passport pages (visa, I94, bio page)
5)I-20
6)Color photographs: 2 copies (print name, DOB, and Case number in the back)
7)High School Diploma (Copy + translation + letter of translator's certification)
8)Police record (Copy + translation + letter of translator's certification)
9)Medical examination I693 sealed
10)Form G325A
11)Affidavit of Support/Employment letter: What would be an appropriate document to prove this for an F1 PhD student under a fellowship? (University acceptance letter, University fellowship letter, transcript, letter of employment...)
12)Do I have to file form I-134 since I am supported by the school?
13)G-1145 for text and email notification
14)DV letter (barcode), Receipt letter, 2nd Notification letter
15)Tax return transcript

I will not be filing I-765 and I-131!
Would you (or anyone that reads my post) please let me know if there is anything missing? I meanly followed people's suggestions from this forum and the list on I-485 instructions.

Is there an official website that lists the documents to send along the I-485 application I could double check with? How would people know what to send if this forum was not available?

Thank you very much!! I hope its not too much to read :)

Ok, you know the visa bulletin is released monthly, and when it is comes out, it indicates the cut-off numbers for the current month applicable. There's another section, if you scroll further down, you will see Section C. called "ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN ...".

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5927.html

This is the advance notification section which gives information on the cut-off visa numbers for the next month following the particular month the visa bulletin is addressing. Hope this makes some sense?

blue:
That makes perfect sense! thank you very much.
One last request, my number becomes current in June; Would you please go over the list of documents I am going to send and let me know if I am missing anything? (or if you have a page number of a post on this thread that lists them)
I am a PhD student with an F1 visa (in case this information is relevant :))
It is very relevant. When does your I-20 expire?
List:
1)For I485
2)Fee 1170$
$1070
3)Birth Certificate (Copy + translation + letter of translator's certification)
4)Copies of passport pages (visa, I94, bio page)
5)I-20
copy!! and also letter that you are still a student as of now.
6)Color photographs: 2 copies (print name, DOB, and Case number in the back)
7)High School Diploma (Copy + translation + letter of translator's certification)
8)Police record (Copy + translation + letter of translator's certification)
You may not need that but if you already have it go ahead and send it.
9)Medical examination I693 sealed
10)Form G325A
11)Affidavit of Support/Employment letter: What would be an appropriate document to prove this for an F1 PhD student under a fellowship? (University acceptance letter, University fellowship letter, transcript, letter of employment...)
Are you getting paid like a graduate assistant? Do you get W-2s? If so, you can get a letter from your department that says you are employed and getting $XXXX per month. You will have to bring this letter to your interview too, but make sure to get a new one right before the interview.

12)Do I have to file form I-134 since I am supported by the school?
If you are above the poverty guidelines, you don't need I-134.
13)G-1145 for text and email notification
14)DV letter (barcode), Receipt letter, 2nd Notification letter
also the copy of the letter from KCC that acknowledges your intent, and the copy of the DoS fee you paid.
15)Tax return transcript

I will not be filing I-765 and I-131!
Would you (or anyone that reads my post) please let me know if there is anything missing? I meanly followed people's suggestions from this forum and the list on I-485 instructions.

Is there an official website that lists the documents to send along the I-485 application I could double check with? How would people know what to send if this forum was not available?
Good question! Reading I-485 filing instructions gives some idea, but without this forum I couldn't make heads or tails of it.
Thank you very much!! I hope its not too much to read :)

Hi everyone,

I have a question about financial support. I'm phd student with full funding from university. What should I send with my AOS package as my financial support? should i get a letter from department as a proof for my income? and my bank statement?

Thanks a lot for helping.

Hi everyone,

I have a question about financial support. I'm phd student with full funding from university. What should I send with my AOS package as my financial support? should i get a letter from department as a proof for my income? and my bank statement?

Look at post #2568! :)

Hi everyone,

You don't really need to send any financial information. They will ask you what they need at the interview.

I wish to know about these details too .
we re currently under H1b and H4 status, but we didn't stamp our visas. Last entry to US was under F1/F2 status.
What should we use for "Class of Admission" ?
Also, do we have to include 2 photos in addition to the ones of the I-485 application ?
We appreciate your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Class of Admission - Whatever status you were last admitted into the country with
Date of Travel - Frankly speaking, I don't think they give a hoot whatever date anyone puts in the section. Just be aware that it may take up to 2 months following the submission of the form before your receive the AP card itself. So just make sure whatever date you put in that section is effective about 3 months or above following the form submission.

OK, I couldn't find your original post, but I believe you guys were on H1B visa? I remember Sm1smom saying that H1B holders do not need AP for travel (unless their visa is expiring). So you might want to double check whether you really need AP. In any case, I never filed that form so I really can't help with it.

Anybody ?

Yes, I've posted several times about H visa holders and AP. If you have the H1B, you don't need the AP, however if you received your H1 visa in the US which means you don't have the H1/H4 stamp on your passport and you travel out of the country, you will need to visit the US consulate in your country (or another country where the US consulate will agree to accept you) to get the H1B stamped if you don't have AP.

Quick question. How many notification do we receive for joint applications? I received 4 Text & mail notifications from Lockbox at 12:54 AM regarding acceptance of the case. My husb didnt get anything yet? I am the primary applicant. Do we get only 1 notification or we are missing something?
Thanks.