• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Spam
[spam] Show IPA noun, verb, spammed, spam·ming.
Trademark. a canned food product consisting especially of pork formed into a solid block.
noun
( lowercase ) disruptive messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.
verb (used with object)

Troll would be the best noun.

I have visions of man in cardigan, in his mom's basement, owns 5 cats and is a big fan of Alex Jones. Just sayin'

You mean the typical conspiracy theorist stereotype? There are other kinds, like an older gentleman with several weeks worth of beard, claiming he knows things that others can't.

What do I do if someone told me DOS forms (DSP-122 and DS-230) are necessary for AOS process?
Report this immediately, this is a scam.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1749.html

What do I do if someone told me DOS forms (DSP-122 and DS-230) are not necessary for AOS process?.( i think you missed not)

This is not a scam just some misunderstanding. Unless and until you have paid that person some money.

And dont ask to anyone, please ask the person who knows about this stuff first i.e: KCC.

Can someone explain what it means that my case is being routed to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER? Is it like this for everybody?

Sending forms DSP-122 and DS-230 in not required by goverment selectee instructions for those who apply for AOS, it is promoted by scammers because they could charge illegal fees on costomers who are caught by their scam, who submit their forms to their private emails (that look close to KCC email).
Please report illegal activity immediately.

As far as I can tell from this forum nobody is sending their DSP-122 and DS-230 via email. Of course that would sound suspicious as all submission of documents is only ever by mail if people consult the the official/USCIS website and follow the instructions. Even if a person chooses to send by mail the DSP-122 or DS-230 to the KCC all the office will do is ignore it if they find it to be irrelevant, so there's no harm in mailing these things.

As far as I can tell from this forum nobody is sending their DSP-122 and DS-230 via email. Of course that would sound suspicious as all submission of documents is only ever by mail if people consult the the official/USCIS website and follow the instructions. Even if a person chooses to send by mail the DSP-122 or DS-230 to the KCC all the office will do is ignore it if they find it to be irrelevant, so there's no harm in mailing these things.

Don't bother, this particular spam is over. DSP122 question 4 is very clear.

Class of Admission - Whatever status you were last admitted into the country with
Date of Travel - Frankly speaking, I don't think they give a hoot whatever date anyone puts in the section. Just be aware that it may take up to 2 months following the submission of the form before your receive the AP card itself. So just make sure whatever date you put in that section is effective about 3 months or above following the form submission.

Yes, I've posted several times about H visa holders and AP. If you have the H1B, you don't need the AP, however if you received your H1 visa in the US which means you don't have the H1/H4 stamp on your passport and you travel out of the country, you will need to visit the US consulate in your country (or another country where the US consulate will agree to accept you) to get the H1B stamped if you don't have AP.

Thanks sm1smom, in our case the principle is on an O1 so do you know if this is the same as H1B holders where you don't need the AP. The visa is valid and stamped in the passport.

Thanks,
What is Tax return transcript? I have the copy of my forms and W-2. are they enough or I should order an official tax return transcript?

You don't need to submit much financial details right now, you can send simply an employment letter, or a W-2. You need to bring more detailed financial information to the interview. When you file taxes you fill and send "tax returns". Those are the ones you should take to the interview with other related stuff.

You don't need to submit much financial details right now, you can send simply an employment letter, or a W-2. You need to bring more detailed financial information to the interview. When you file taxes you fill and send "tax returns". Those are the ones you should take to the interview with other related stuff.

Thanks so much.
One more question, is NL2 letter the one that KCC emailed us acknowledging AOS?

Thanks so much.
One more question, is NL2 letter the one that KCC emailed us acknowledging AOS?

I don't know what they call it, I'm not even sure if they are sending actual letters for CP anymore as things are online now, but in your case, you won't get anything after KCC's e-mail to acknowledge AOS. Well, you'll get your fee receipt back from DoS but that's not a letter. So don't expect to receive anything until after you sent your I-485.

Please Help !! DV Lottery 2013

Hello everyone, i found out two days ago that i was selected for DV lottery 2013. My first question is, is there still an enough time for me to process everything. My case number is 10xxx. After making few calls, i found out that i need to process AOS. Right now, i am in U.S. as F1 student and its been 5 years. Sadly, I could not find anymore information :(. I would really appreciate if any of you give me a slightest clue of what i am supposed to do. (Yes i tried the website, i tried calling KCC, UCIS and they confused me more). Please help me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, i found out two days ago that i was selected for DV lottery 2013.
Holy Cow! You are sure it is DV2013, and not DV2014?

My first question is, is there still an enough time for me to process everything. My case number is 10xxx. After making few

What region are you from ?

calls, i found out that i need to process AOS. Right now, i am in U.S. as F1 student and its been 5 years. Sadly, I could not find anymore information :(. I would really appreciate if any of you give me a slightest clue of what i am supposed to do. (Yes i tried the website, i tried calling KCC, UCIS and they confused me more). Please help me out.

Ok, first thing: when does your F1 expire? And what are your plans for afterwards? Extension, going back, OPT, H1B, what?