• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Yes

Holy Cow! You are sure it is DV2013, and not DV2014?

What region are you from ?

Ok, first thing: when does your F1 expire? And what are your plans for afterwards? Extension, going back, OPT, H1B, what?

Yes it is for 2013. I lost my 2013 confirmation until i found out two days ago that i can retreive my confirmation number. My case number starts from 2013 so im pretty sure it is for 2013. Region is Asia if that is what you meant. My visa expired last december but im maintaining F1 status and im graduating this saturday. After that im planning to work on OPT which i ve already received. Any help would be really appreciated

Yes it is for 2013. I lost my 2013 confirmation until i found out two days ago that i can retreive my confirmation number. My case number starts from 2013 so im pretty sure it is for 2013. Region is Asia if that is what you meant. Any help would be really appreciated

OK, Asia is at 7850 right now, so you are not current yet. Please answer the other question about your F1.

OK, so you did receive your OPT EAD card? And you do have a job lined up for you? First thing you should understand is the nonimmigrant intent of F1 vs. applying for immigration through DV, but I'll spare you the mambo jambo, you can read it in the first few pages of the DV2014 AOS thread. If you decide to go through AOS as opposed to consular processing in your country, you should follow these steps:

1- Send your DV letter with barcode + DSP122 + two photos to KCC ASAP. Like tomorrow first thing in the morning.

2- Send the DV fee to DoS St. Louis address with a self-stamped self-addressed envelope. They will send you the receipt which you will need. You can also do this right away, like this week. It'll take them a few weeks to send you the stamped receipt.

3- Get your medical check done by a doctor registered with USCIS, you can find the list at USCIS web site. You should do it this month or next month as you won't be current next month either.

3- Start collecting your documents from your country such as: high school diploma, birth certificate, any court orders you may have (arrest, divorce, name change etc.), military service documents if applicable. From this country: transcripts from current school, W-2 and employment letter if you were employed as GA, or employment letter from your future employer on OPT. These are needed for your I-485 application which you will send when your number is current in the visa bulletin.

4- Fill I-485 and related forms. You'll have time for this as your number is not current yet.

Make like six hard copies of your DV letter right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow

Guys, please jump in if I'm missing anything. This guy needs all help he can get.

Oh wow!...i must say i how happy i am after your post especially when i lost my hope calling KCC, UCIS. I really appreciate the info :). Regarding job, i ve one lined up and i ve my EAD card. I ve got one more question, i called KCC and they said i can email dsp 122 and thats optional but besides that they dont require anything. What would you recommend? is it ok if email the dsp 122 form to KCC or you would want me mail them with barcode copy and photographs.

I don't know how it works with e-mail as pretty much all of us have sent it by mail. And we all have sent the dv letter, DSP122 and the photos. So if you want to be on the safe side, do that. You can send these with Fedex or something and they'll be there in no time. Heck, do both. But make sure you are sending to the correct address and correct e-mail.

One more thing, when did you send your OPT application? Has it been more than 60 days? Please make sure you inform yourself by reading the 2014 thread as I have posted some information there regarding F1 students, and talk to your school DSO, and then decide whether you want to do AOS or CP, and whether you should start sending your forms right away or wait for a little while due to this "intent" issue.

Sm1smom, do you think he really should wait for KCC's response before sending the DV fee, IF he decides to go for AOS? I mean he still has time as he will not be current in June either, but still?

I don't know how it works with e-mail as pretty much all of us have sent it by mail. And we all have sent the dv letter, DSP122 and the photos. So if you want to be on the safe side, do that. You can send these with Fedex or something and they'll be there in no time. Heck, do both. But make sure you are sending to the correct address and correct e-mail.

Sure i ll do that. What would be the next step after filling I 485 form and how would i know when my number is current? I have worked on campus like a regular job ( two different colleges, as i transferred from one to another), do i still need W2 forms from those jobs. What do you mean by self stamped, self addressed envelope?

*Note: there is one thing im really worried about, i have been receiving american opportunity tax refund but i realised that i was not supposed to file until recently. Will that affect the process.

Pardon me if i am dirupting you on your work.

One more thing, when did you send your OPT application? Has it been more than 60 days? Please make sure you inform yourself by reading the 2014 thread as I have posted some information there regarding F1 students, and talk to your school DSO, and then decide whether you want to do AOS or CP, and whether you should start sending your forms right away or wait for a little while due to this "intent" issue.

I ve already received my OPT card. What do you mean by 'CP'.

**EDIT : NVM about CP..its counselor processing from my country rit?

Sure i ll do that. What would be the next step after filling I 485 form and how would i know when my number is current?

You are not there yet. :) After filing, you'll start waiting for your biometrics appointment and your interview which can be anywhere from 30 to 90 days but on average about two months.

I have worked on campus like a regular job ( two different colleges, as i transferred from one to another), do i still need W2 forms from those jobs. What do you mean by self stamped, self addressed envelope?
Yes you will need your W-2s. It's an envelope addressed to you with a stamp on it so that they can use it to send the receipt back to you.
*Note: there is one thing im really worried about, i have been receiving american opportunity tax refund but i realised that i was not supposed to file until recently. Will that affect the process.
I'm not sure. If you are telling that you were supposed to file taxes and you didn't, you might want to talk to somebody in your school who advises foreign students for tax purposes.
Pardon me if i am dirupting you on your work.

Again, first inform yourself, so that you understand what you are doing and what is going to happen in different scenarios.

I ve already received my OPT card. What do you mean by 'CP' :s

CP is consular processing, that's when you go back to your country to get your immigrant visa and come back and your GC is sent to you. AOS is when you get your green card here in US by applying to USCIS. Both have pros and cons, especially for F1 students. Please read the whole DV 2014 AOS thread, and if you have time, read the 2013 (this) thread too.

Sm1smom, do you think he really should wait for KCC's response before sending the DV fee, IF he decides to go for AOS? I mean he still has time as he will not be current in June either, but still?

NO, absolutely not, in his own case. I wouldn't advice him to do, if he wants to do AOS.

The 'wait for KCC if you wish' part of my other post was intended for the DV 2014 applicants who might have believed the outrageous lies that troll was spreading about people asking them to make payment to their account or something to that effect. I still provided the payment instruction link for those who decid to not wat. I mean, most of us that went through the process last year made the AOS payment before KCC emailed back.

CP is consular processing, that's when you go back to your country to get your immigrant visa and come back and your GC is sent to you. AOS is when you get your green card here in US by applying to USCIS. Both have pros and cons, especially for F1 students. Please read the whole DV 2014 AOS thread, and if you have time, read the 2013 (this) thread too.

Hmmm i got it now. I will go through 2014 thread. I dont know how to thank you for all this but i really appreciate all your efforts to help me out. Keep up the good work !

Can someone explain what it means that my case is being routed to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER? Is it like this for everybody?

Yes, you are fine.

I got notification last night it says the same thing.

And when I check the case status:

On May 7, 2013, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Why does it only indicate fingerprint fee was accepted, it doesn't says about I-485? Check cashed 2 x $1070
Am i getting it wrong or its like this only.

Thanks sm1smom, in our case the principle is on an O1 so do you know if this is the same as H1B holders where you don't need the AP. The visa is valid and stamped in the passport.

Just putting this question out there again because it may have gotten lost with the flurry of messages from the new DV winner ;) Does anyone know if a valid O1 visa holder needs Advance Parole papers? Thanks