• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Can someone tell me what the checklist shud be for form I-134?
I mean there isnt anything in USCIS website that says anything in particular. My understanding is
1. the sponsor's employment letter from his company showing he is employed,
2. His tax returns
These should both be enough in my opinion because these are what proves enough income. But:
A) What about the bank statement? If required, for how many months/years, some say 6 months, some say a year, some say 3...
B) Similarly, wht abt the tax returns, for how many years should I show?
Awaiting your help,
Regards,
Geoffrey.

I have one quick question for supporting document. For bank statement, do I go to bank and ask for signed statement indicating the balance I have? Or I can send a general statement simply printed from online banking myself?
I also include W2, tax return, are these necessary for I485 package?

I just printed out from bank HP, I also included W2, tax return, job offer letter as well.
Also I brought those to interview, but none of them was asked.

Hi Everyone

I'm gathering my documentations to sent out in two weeks.I'm on student visa and I've already have my OPT card and I'm currently employed. Here's what I've gathered so far:

I-485 From
G-325A
G-1145
Copy of my birth certificate
Copy of my passport and visa
Copy of my OPT card and social security
Copy of my Master degree just received and transcript
Copy of all my I-20s
Copy of Bachelor degree and transcript
Copy of High school diploma and transcript
Employment letter
2 photos
Copy of my initial acceptance letter with showing my confirmation number
Copy of my adjustment of status letter
Copy of DV fee receipt

Could you please go over this list to see if nothing's been left out? I appreciate it.

I've grouped and put my document in separate clear sheet protecters with a label sheet on top of each showing what's in it, do you think it was a good idea, I just want them to be organized.

I have couple of more questions as well, I appreciate your help in advance

In G-325A form, there is a section asking for employment history over the last 5 years. Do I need to attach proofs showing that I'm not lying? I have an employment letter from the employer who I used to worked for back in my country and I also have a documentation showing that I used to work on campus here in my school and obviously I do have letter showing that I'm currently employed but I had a job in between that I don't have a letter but I do have my check stubs and one of my I-20s showing it. Do I need to send them all or just my current employment letter would be enough? Do I need to send a copy of my W-2s with my documents as well?

I'm both excited and worried :)

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
So turned out my sponsor for the I-134 is already retired..does this mean he can't sponsor me?
Do I have to find another person (if so, I wasted 2 weeks D': )

So turned out my sponsor for the I-134 is already retired..does this mean he can't sponsor me?
Do I have to find another person (if so, I wasted 2 weeks D': )

I don't think it matters, he most likely has enough savings in his account to back up his ability to 'support you', innit?:rolleyes:

Hi Everyone

I'm gathering my documentations to sent out in two weeks.I'm on student visa and I've already have my OPT card and I'm currently employed. Here's what I've gathered so far:

I-485 From
G-325A
G-1145
Copy of all my I-20s
Employment letter
2 photos
Copy of DV fee receipt

Could you please go over this list to see if nothing's been left out? I appreciate it.

I've grouped and put my document in separate clear sheet protecters with a label sheet on top of each showing what's in it, do you think it was a good idea, I just want them to be organized.

I have couple of more questions as well, I appreciate your help in advance

In G-325A form, there is a section asking for employment history over the last 5 years. Do I need to attach proofs showing that I'm not lying? I have an employment letter from the employer who I used to worked for back in my country and I also have a documentation showing that I used to work on campus here in my school and obviously I do have letter showing that I'm currently employed but I had a job in between that I don't have a letter but I do have my check stubs and one of my I-20s showing it. Do I need to send them all or just my current employment letter would be enough? Do I need to send a copy of my W-2s with my documents as well?

I'm both excited and worried :)

Thank you

I think you're set to go, just go over your forms again and make sure sections requiring signatures are duly signed. No proofs required for G-325. Good luck!

I-485 From
G-325A
G-1145
Copy of all my I-20s
Employment letter
2 photos
Copy of DV fee receipt

The check!!! D-uh! $1070 AOS fee.

It'd be more work for them to take things out of the protectors. You can simply use paper clips. No staples.

Got my Biometrics letter today for 05/30/2013. Just one question, am I supposed to receive two of these? I didn't get one for my wife. Maybe it will come in tomorrow? Please share your experiences.
Thanks!

Sunster,
Today I received my bio letter. But my spouse letter wasn't there with mine. Plz update if u received ur wife's letter later. I don't understand why his letter wasn't there.
Thanks.

KCC Reply !

OK, so you did receive your OPT EAD card? And you do have a job lined up for you? First thing you should understand is the nonimmigrant intent of F1 vs. applying for immigration through DV, but I'll spare you the mambo jambo, you can read it in the first few pages of the DV2014 AOS thread. If you decide to go through AOS as opposed to consular processing in your country, you should follow these steps:

1- Send your DV letter with barcode + DSP122 + two photos to KCC ASAP. Like tomorrow first thing in the morning.

2- Send the DV fee to DoS St. Louis address with a self-stamped self-addressed envelope. They will send you the receipt which you will need. You can also do this right away, like this week. It'll take them a few weeks to send you the stamped receipt.

3- Get your medical check done by a doctor registered with USCIS, you can find the list at USCIS web site. You should do it this month or next month as you won't be current next month either.

3- Start collecting your documents from your country such as: high school diploma, birth certificate, any court orders you may have (arrest, divorce, name change etc.), military service documents if applicable. From this country: transcripts from current school, W-2 and employment letter if you were employed as GA, or employment letter from your future employer on OPT. These are needed for your I-485 application which you will send when your number is current in the visa bulletin.

4- Fill I-485 and related forms. You'll have time for this as your number is not current yet.

Make like six hard copies of your DV letter right away.

Ok, after following aos13 and Sm1smom suggestions, i immediately emailed DSP-122 form and also mailed it with 2 pics and barcode sheet. I got a reply from KCC for my emailed form yesterday. They said, they ve received my form and will review my case. I checked the mailed form's status and they received it on Monday(no reply from them for the mailed hard copy form yet). What should i do next? aos13 suggested me to pay DV fee but i had no clue where to pay it and how. I know its $310. But should i really wait until KCC will reply me?
Quick Review: my case number is 10xxx and im in US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, after following aos13 and Sm1smom suggestions, i immediately emailed DSP-122 form and also mailed it with 2 pics and barcode sheet. I got a reply from KCC for my emailed form yesterday. They said, they ve received my form and will review my case. I checked the mailed form's status and they received it on Monday(no reply from them for the mailed hard copy form yet). What should i do next? aos13 suggested me to pay DV fee but i had no clue where to pay it and how. I know its $310. But should i really wait until KCC will reply me?

The fee is $330. Print out this form and follow the instructions

Ok, after following aos13 and Sm1smom suggestions, i immediately emailed DSP-122 form and also mailed it with 2 pics and barcode sheet. I got a reply from KCC for my emailed form yesterday. They said, they ve received my form and will review my case.

Huh. I'm not sure what that means.
I checked the mailed form's status and they received it on Monday(no reply from them for the mailed hard copy form yet). What should i do next? aos13 suggested me to pay DV fee but i had no clue where to pay it and how. I know its $310. But should i really wait until KCC will reply me?
You might want to call them just to make sure they received your form, and also ask them if you should go ahead and make the payment. Usual KCC response for AOS is to acknowledge it; I didn't hear anybody receiving a response about "reviewing the case". If they tell you you're OK on the phone, go ahead and make the payment as instructed here:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

Huh. I'm not sure what that means.

You might want to call them just to make sure they received your form, and also ask them if you should go ahead and make the payment. Usual KCC response for AOS is to acknowledge it; I didn't hear anybody receiving a response about "reviewing the case". If they tell you you're OK on the phone, go ahead and make the payment as instructed here:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

Sure thing. I ll do that first in the morning tomorrow as they are closed now. Thank you aos13 and thank you emir.imdi

I don't think it matters, he most likely has enough savings in his account to back up his ability to 'support you', innit?:rolleyes:

He probably does..okay, thanks mom! :)
oh and the I-134 asks questions such as "other personal property $___" and "real estate value $___"
If he has none (cause he rents the place he lives in, its not his), is it okay to leave it blank?
Or is it bad?