• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Quick question for those who already went through their interviews, since mine is in 2 days:
Did the officer ask for copies of original papers in the interview? Because my file was pretty big, probably close to 100 pages and at least 2/3 of that were copies of things. Should I print it all out again or not? I will definitely take all the originals and print the forms I filled so I will have everything possible available with me. Thanks in advance!

He probably does..okay, thanks mom! :)
oh and the I-134 asks questions such as "other personal property $___" and "real estate value $___"
If he has none (cause he rents the place he lives in, its not his), is it okay to leave it blank?
Or is it bad?

He can put N/A or draw a dash (a small line) in front of the $ sign, it's not a big deal.

Quick question for those who already went through their interviews, since mine is in 2 days:
Did the officer ask for copies of original papers in the interview? Because my file was pretty big, probably close to 100 pages and at least 2/3 of that were copies of things. Should I print it all out again or not? I will definitely take all the originals and print the forms I filled so I will have everything possible available with me. Thanks in advance!

Personally, I don't think one needs to make copies of documents already submitted again for the purpose of the interview, but other people have suggested otherwise. My interview letter only requested for me to bring copies of NEW DOCUMENTS, those not previously submitted with my I-485 package, and of course the orginal of those and every other document previously submitted. So I only went with copies of those new documents, and they were not even looked during the interview.

All the best with your interview!

Sunster,
Today I received my bio letter. But my spouse letter wasn't there with mine. Plz update if u received ur wife's letter later. I don't understand why his letter wasn't there.
Thanks.

I've checked today and didn't get it either. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week! Let me know when you get yours too!

Sunster and United1,

That's pretty unusual, did you guys call USCIS to find out what's going on with your case? If you haven't, I suggest you do so and request to speak with a level 2 officer.

Good luck!

Thanks Sm1smom! Yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking. They didn't ask for much at all, just one paper, no attachments, asking for passport, other immigration documents available and originals of any copies submitted. Will update on how it went. Only thing I'm really worried about is making sure I actually wake up that early.

He can put N/A or draw a dash (a small line) in front of the $ sign, it's not a big deal.

Thank you mom~ Will talk to him tomorrow :)
Really want to show you this short animation I did for my final class yesterday but not sure how so..oh well :\

Hello,

I had an INFOpass this morning at 7:30AM in New York and it was the MOST unhelpful thing ever. They told me they are already doing DV 2014 numbers and in the visa bulletin they are clearly still doing DV 2013. Please allow me to explain my situation so I can be better advised.

First of all I wanted to thank you all for all your posts. (They are extremely helpful). Our situation is a little bit more complicated.

My husband was one of the selectees for the DV-2014 (Case Number: EU00049XXX). He is currently on an F-1 status (OPT expiring November 15th 2013). I am currently on a B-1 visa expiring on August 8th 2013 (but my I94 is only valid until July 6th 2013).

Is there anyway we could do AOS instead of CP? In case we can't do AOS, is there anyway we could stay in the states until the interview and extend our visas? what do you recommend me?

Thank you for your time!!
Elisa

Huh. I'm not sure what that means.

You might want to call them just to make sure they received your form, and also ask them if you should go ahead and make the payment. Usual KCC response for AOS is to acknowledge it; I didn't hear anybody receiving a response about "reviewing the case". If they tell you you're OK on the phone, go ahead and make the payment as instructed here:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

OK, so i called them and the lady said they ve received my documents and they re currently processing. I asked her if i should go ahead pay my dv lottery fee and she replied that i should wait until my number becomes current and pay on first of the month when it becomes current. I also asked her if they ll email me about acknowledgement of my documents and she said they dont send anything at all, i ve to wait until my number becomes current. I am confused as others were replied by KCC for AOS. What do you guys think??

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so i called them and the lady said they ve received my documents and they re currently processing. I asked her if i should go ahead pay my dv lottery fee and she replied that i should wait until my number becomes current and pay on first of the month when it becomes current. I also asked her if they ll email me about acknowledgement of my documents and she said they dont send anything at all, i ve to wait until my number becomes current. What do you guys think??

I think she was hired yesterday. Or she might've thought you're doing CP, in which case she is (mostly) correct. You can call them again, and hopefully you'll talk to somebody more helpful this time.

Hello,

I had an INFOpass this morning at 7:30AM in New York and it was the MOST unhelpful thing ever. They told me they are already doing DV 2014 numbers and in the visa bulletin they are clearly still doing DV 2013. Please allow me to explain my situation so I can be better advised.

First of all I wanted to thank you all for all your posts. (They are extremely helpful). Our situation is a little bit more complicated.

My husband was one of the selectees for the DV-2014 (Case Number: EU00049XXX). He is currently on an F-1 status (OPT expiring November 15th 2013). I am currently on a B-1 visa expiring on August 8th 2013 (but my I94 is only valid until July 6th 2013).

Is there anyway we could do AOS instead of CP? In case we can't do AOS, is there anyway we could stay in the states until the interview and extend our visas? what do you recommend me?

Thank you for your time!!
Elisa

Don't double-post.

I think she was hired yesterday. Or she might've thought you're doing CP, in which case she is (mostly) correct. You can call them again, and hopefully you'll talk to somebody more helpful this time.
lol...i think so but the funny thing is she did ask me if i was doing AOS here. I think i ll call tomorrow again and i ll post what she ll say. Thanks for the prompt reply aos13.

lol...i think so but the funny thing is she did ask me if i was doing AOS here. I think i ll call tomorrow again and i ll post what she ll say. Thanks for the prompt reply aos13.

I think aos13 is correct call them again, I have called them 3-4 times to get correct information. Final call i made was very helpful that lady explained me everything in detail.

Sunster,
Today I received my bio letter. But my spouse letter wasn't there with mine. Plz update if u received ur wife's letter later. I don't understand why his letter wasn't there.
Thanks.

I have received Bio letter for myself and my spouse yesterday.
it says appointment on 05/31/2013.

OK, so i called them and the lady said they ve received my documents and they re currently processing. I asked her if i should go ahead pay my dv lottery fee and she replied that i should wait until my number becomes current and pay on first of the month when it becomes current. I also asked her if they ll email me about acknowledgement of my documents and she said they dont send anything at all, i ve to wait until my number becomes current. I am confused as others were replied by KCC for AOS. What do you guys think??

Send your payment in a self addressed envelope , do your medical, start collecting docs. Wait for department of state to send it back and send your forms to uscis.

Good luck on your interview tomorrow, Lottery!

Pryanik :)

Thanks Sm1smom! Yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking. They didn't ask for much at all, just one paper, no attachments, asking for passport, other immigration documents available and originals of any copies submitted. Will update on how it went. Only thing I'm really worried about is making sure I actually wake up that early.

Ok..i called KCC again and luckily another lady picked up. She was quite helpful, she said i should check back on June 15 with them and she told me my case number will not be current until August 1st. She said i should call USCIS office (we all know how USCIS office works) and ask them if i ll ve enough time to process and didnt recommend me to pay DV fee now. I'm kinda scared now if i wont be able to make it by the end of September :(. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Parents selected for DV

My parents who are in my home country got selected for the DV. I am in the United states and above 21 years old. I am not able to go back home since i fear prosecution due to my involvement in a political party and because of the business( education) my parents run back home Can i still file for asylum and would my filing affect the DV process for my parents.
PS. My parents just received their first letter and are awaiting their second letter.