• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I've checked today and didn't get it either. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week! Let me know when you get yours too!

Sunster,
Do u knw if ur wife had biometrics recently? My husband had his biometrics in Oct 2012 for a different case. Our lawyer said biometrics are valid for 15 months and that can be a reason for not receiving a bio appt. I checked online that lot of people did get 2 bio appts being in 15 month range, and there are some who didn't get if they initially did one.
Most probably my husband will call on Monday and check out what's going on. I hope everything turns out well for both of our cases. Fingers crossed.

Ok..i called KCC again and luckily another lady picked up. She was quite helpful, she said i should check back on June 15 with them and she told me my case number will not be current until August 1st. She said i should call USCIS office (we all know how USCIS office works) and ask them if i ll ve enough time to process and didnt recommend me to pay DV fee now. I'm kinda scared now if i wont be able to make it by the end of September :(. What do you guys think?

Xeno,
After reading posts in all the previous year forums, I haven't seen anyone not getting GC with in the assigned time. In the end you gotta make the final call. If ur comfortable in leaving country and spending sometime home than you should do it from ur home country. Otherwise jus keep the faith in GOD and finish ur AOS here. I really don't think ur late or something. You have ample time to put everything together. Cheers!!

Xeno,
After reading posts in all the previous year forums, I haven't seen anyone not getting GC with in the assigned time. In the end you gotta make the final call. If ur comfortable in leaving country and spending sometime home than you should do it from ur home country. Otherwise jus keep the faith in GOD and finish ur AOS here. I really don't think ur late or something. You have ample time to put everything together. Cheers!!

Thanks united1 !

Sunster,
Do u knw if ur wife had biometrics recently? My husband had his biometrics in Oct 2012 for a different case. Our lawyer said biometrics are valid for 15 months and that can be a reason for not receiving a bio appt. I checked online that lot of people did get 2 bio appts being in 15 month range, and there are some who didn't get if they initially did one.
Most probably my husband will call on Monday and check out what's going on. I hope everything turns out well for both of our cases. Fingers crossed.

I've got my wife's bio letter today. It was scheduled 1 hr after mine on the same date, but I assume i can go in with her at my time(uscis rep said do that) or do a walk in. The letter was stamped on the same day(notice date and usps date) as mine, but the envelope was severely damaged(ripped), like it was caught in the conveyor belt and stuck there for a while. The letter is ok, but the address is a little smeared. Looking at the envelope i blame usps for the late delivery.

Anyway, to answer your question, no she didn't get a bio before. I did call uscis today per sm1smom's recommendation, they said the bio date could be different, but as long as you get the letter you can go with a family member and get it done on the earlier date. But ASC will not take you with out a letter. She didn't give me specifics since my wife was not next to me when i inquired. So your husband will have to call himself if he wants to get answers(for the previous bio inquiry). Hope that helps. Good luck!

So your husband will have to call himself if he wants to get answers(for the previous bio inquiry). Hope that helps. Good luck!
Sunster,
Nice to hear that. We will wait till Saturday and than call. I will also stop by tomorrow at the post office to see if they have it. Lets hope for the best :)

Hi friends,

I will have my interview in about two weeks. I am a college student on F-1 visa. On the interview day, I am assuming that I have to show the statement of bank account that my parents are using to support me financially. I have the bank statement and my parents' salary statements. Do I still have to find someone to sign I-134 for me(or maybe I-864)?

Could somebody tell me when will the status change from Acceptance to Initial Review??

If it hasn't changed by now, it's probably not going to reflect any change until after your interview, following which it will undergo series of rapid changes. It's nothing to worry about, USCIS's online status change can be quite unreliable.

Hi friends,

I will have my interview in about two weeks. I am a college student on F-1 visa. On the interview day, I am assuming that I have to show the statement of bank account that my parents are using to support me financially. I have the bank statement and my parents' salary statements. Do I still have to find someone to sign I-134 for me(or maybe I-864)?

If you can find someone to sign an I-134 for you, get them to do so. If not, go to the attend with what you have, be charming and display confidence to the IO. Good luck!

James,
Let me know if you get any info on that.
THANKS

I have sent my package to chicago yesterday,
In addition to the I-485 form and supporting documents, I have included the I-131 form and a total of 4 photos per applicant- not sure if the additional photos are needed though.

Hey all,
Quick update on the interview I had today. Got approved ok, everything went very smooth. Pretty much the whole process from when I was accepted went very well but involved a ton of research. Got called in pretty much at the exact time, the lady was very nice, some small talk. She only wanted to see my passport and H1B visa. She wrote down the dates of the visas I have had before, made sure I was never out of status. A couple of questions about things in the 485, just double-checking that everything in there is accurate, a couple of questions about my job. She asked a few of the "are you a Nazi" type questions but very few and no swearing-in or anything. All in all it was pretty routine, no questions about money or anything like that.

She didn't take my I-94, she put a stamp and a seal (indented) in my passport and said I can travel immediately and the card should arrive within 2 weeks. Online status went from Acceptance (where it has always been) to Card Production. The interview was in San Antonio, Texas and Texas in general seems to have pretty fast processing times.

This forum is hugely useful and it helped me a lot. I will stick around in case I can contribute anything. (although my knowledge is basic compared to the "heavies" here). Good luck to everyone whose interview is coming up!

Hey all,
Quick update on the interview I had today. Got approved ok, everything went very smooth. Pretty much the whole process from when I was accepted went very well but involved a ton of research. Got called in pretty much at the exact time, the lady was very nice, some small talk. She only wanted to see my passport and H1B visa. She wrote down the dates of the visas I have had before, made sure I was never out of status. A couple of questions about things in the 485, just double-checking that everything in there is accurate, a couple of questions about my job. She asked a few of the "are you a Nazi" type questions but very few and no swearing-in or anything. All in all it was pretty routine, no questions about money or anything like that.

She didn't take my I-94, she put a stamp and a seal (indented) in my passport and said I can travel immediately and the card should arrive within 2 weeks. Online status went from Acceptance (where it has always been) to Card Production. The interview was in San Antonio, Texas and Texas in general seems to have pretty fast processing times.

This forum is hugely useful and it helped me a lot. I will stick around in case I can contribute anything. (although my knowledge is basic compared to the "heavies" here). Good luck to everyone whose interview is coming up!

Congratulations !!!