• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

question on I485 and Advanced parol

hi, I have the same situation.My wife won dv 2013 and now we should file in July, I have some questions. In I485, part2, should my wife check box (h) and write Diversity winner? Should I check box (b) as her dependent? Should we send our package in the same envelope with just a single 2140$ check?
for I-131, what should we write in part 3, date of intended departure if we do not want to go outside?
I will appreciate if you can help me.

Guess what guys, someone just brought my card to the door, it was in their box! Wooohoo! Freaking USPS, the one important thing they need to deliver they fail on but the mountains of spam have no problem getting here... Really dodged a bullet there, man...
Thanks a lot aos13 and everyone else for the support!

Awesome! :D

hi, I have the same situation.My wife won dv 2013 and now we should file in July, I have some questions. In I485, part2, should my wife check box (h) and write Diversity winner? Should I check box (b) as her dependent? Should we send our package in the same envelope with just a single 2140$ check?
for I-131, what should we write in part 3, date of intended departure if we do not want to go outside?
Yes. Yes. Yes but two separate checks would be better. I do not know about I131.

Guess what guys, someone just brought my card to the door, it was in their box! Wooohoo! Freaking USPS, the one important thing they need to deliver they fail on but the mountains of spam have no problem getting here... Really dodged a bullet there, man...
Thanks a lot aos13 and everyone else for the support!

Phew! congrats!! :)

You don't need the AP form if you're not planning on traveling out of the US before the completion of your AOS. But if there's a remote possibility you might, you can simply put the date about 3 to 4 months from when you send in your I-485 package. They are not sticklers for an exact travel date.

Thanks

Thanks for reply, so I should check (b) at part 2 in I-485 as dependent? I read somewhere that I should also check (h), I am confused:(

Thanks for reply, so I should check (b) at part 2 in I-485 as dependent? I read somewhere that I should also check (h), I am confused:(

As the dependent, you select (B). Only the main applicant selects (H) and indicates he/she is a DV lottery winner by writing : "DV VISA LOTTERY WINNER-COPY OF LETTER ATTACHED" in front of the selection.

Hi everyone

I'm finalizing my documents to sent to Chicago on Thursday in order to get there by Sat. I'm using FedEx .

Is this the address that I should send my docs to?

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I know I've asked this question before but one more time, can any of you go over the list below to make sure I've gathered everything? I extremely appreciate your help. I'm super excited :D

I-485 From
G-325A
G-1145
Copy of my birth certificate
Copy of my passport and visa and I-94
Copy of my OPT card and social security
Copy of my Master degree just received and transcript
Copy of all my I-20s
Copy of Bachelor degree and transcript
Copy of High school diploma and transcript
Employment letter stating that I'm currently employed as a contractor and I'll be eligible for permanent salary position in July.
2 photos with my full name and A number written on the back.
Copy of my initial acceptance letter showing my confirmation number
Copy of my adjustment of status letter
Copy of DV fee receipt
A personal check for $1,070.00 to the order of U.S Department of Homeland Security.

Do you think I'm good to go?

Thank you

As the dependent, you select (B). Only the main applicant selects (H) and indicates he/she is a DV lottery winner by writing : "DV VISA LOTTERY WINNER-COPY OF LETTER ATTACHED" in front of the selection.

I just realized I made a mistake in my spouse I 485 application related to this question, I think I checked H for both of us. What to do now, will I be disqualified or rejected?
I should have extraa attention.

Walk-in Bio

Hi

I've just done a "walk-in" bio in ASC in New York City. My original appointment is June 5.

Ladies, please learn from my big mistake: I didn't put any make-up on (because I thought it was just a finger-printing), but was taken a picture after the finger-printing, and was told that the picture will be printed on the greencard...:(
I hope there is a way to update the picture after I receive the first card...

Hi

I've just done a "walk-in" bio in ASC in New York City. My original appointment is June 5.

Ladies, please learn from my big mistake: I didn't put any make-up on (because I thought it was just a finger-printing), but was taken a picture after the finger-printing, and was told that the picture will be printed on the greencard...:(
I hope there is a way to update the picture after I receive the first card...

Did you keep your earrings?

I-485 From
G-325A
G-1145
Copy of my birth certificate
Copy of my passport and visa and I-94
Copy of my OPT card and social security
Copy of my Master degree just received and transcript
Copy of all my I-20s
Copy of Bachelor degree and transcript
Copy of High school diploma and transcript
Employment letter stating that I'm currently employed as a contractor and I'll be eligible for permanent salary position in July.
2 photos with my full name and A number written on the back.
Copy of my initial acceptance letter showing my confirmation number
Copy of my adjustment of status letter
Copy of DV fee receipt
A personal check for $1,070.00 to the order of U.S Department of Homeland Security.

Do you think I'm good to go?

Thank you

Sealed medical check envelope.

Hi everyone I will be sending my I-485 shortly, I am currently on E3 visa which allows me to work only for one employer, I am thinking of applying for EAD I-765 concurrently with the I-485.
My goal is I get the EAD before the GC so I don’t have the visa employer restriction, will that strategy work? Is it worth it? Or do I just wait till I get the GC.
I also want to apply for advance parole in case I wanted to travel before getting the GC, will this cause any delays or have other consequences?

Rejection

Our I-485 and I-131 applications have been rejected because "Priority date couldn't be established" :(
We re feeling scared now because our case number is high (current in July).
Do you guys recommend reapplying in June and attaching the Visa Bulleting which clearly indicates that our case is Current in July (advance notification) ? Do you also recommend attaching the early filing memo in :
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312270-DV-2011-AOS-Only/page128&p=2263941#post2263941

Thanks,

Our I-485 and I-131 applications have been rejected because "Priority date couldn't be established" :(
Do you guys recommend reapplying in June and attaching the Visa Bulleting which clearly indicates that our case is Current in July (advance notification) ? Do you also recommend attaching the early filing memo in :
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312270-DV-2011-AOS-Only/page128&p=2263941#post2263941

Thanks,

If you print out the actual visa bulletin and mark the numbers for July clearly, you might have a shot getting it accepted in June. How long did it take to get the package back to you?

I just realized I made a mistake in my spouse I 485 application related to this question, I think I checked H for both of us. What to do now, will I be disqualified or rejected?
I should have extraa attention.

There is a chance they may return it back to you, but I don't think it's a big deal.

I suggest to everybody to include the barcode lottery letter twice, one for each spouse's application.

There is a chance they may return it back to you, but I don't think it's a big deal.

I suggest to everybody to include the barcode lottery letter twice, one for each spouse's application.

I doubt they will return the package to him. He already has his NOA and BiometricS Letter. NOA will not be sent out if the package is not acceptable.

Thanks,

You can give it another shot in June. Attach and highlight the Advance Noticiation section of the VB to your package. Good luck!