• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I have one question. Isn't it too early to have medical exams now when our case number will be available after March or sth?

Hey paribahar,

No you should be fine. The AOS requirements say that the medical exam has to be valid for a year after its carried out. Unless your number is due to be current in September it should be fine. I know many in my year had theirs done in August and September. Good luck :D

It is true that the medicals are said to be valid for one year.

However, many say that it is only good for 6 months. They articulate that the TB test is valid for 6 months and an officer might ask you to redo the medicals just for that.

I personally have no way to confirm that. Just wanted to share a rumor that I have heard before (from both winners and attorneys). Since it only takes a few days to do the tests, maybe I think it is a good idea to wait and get an idea of when you will be current.

good luck

Hey paribahar,

No you should be fine. The AOS requirements say that the medical exam has to be valid for a year after its carried out. Unless your number is due to be current in September it should be fine. I know many in my year had theirs done in August and September. Good luck :D

question abt i 485

hi everybody, thanks for your help,i found so much useful information. i have some questions abt filling up the i 485 form.
i have list of documents i need to submit with the form together, can you please take a look and help me if it is right, if not feel free to correct me. my case number is 2013EU00003***
so here the list:
1 form i 485
2 birth certificate and translation
3 copy of passport page with non immigrant visa
4 2 photos
5 form i 693
6 form g 325 a
7 dv lottery notification letter
8 high education diploma
and should i submit it after oct.1st at chicago office?thank you so much!!!!!!!

Hi Strijepop,

You're right about the documents. Also you can only submit on or after October 1 which is the date when you will become current (same as myself). What I am not sure is if we should also file aditional documents about education, employment letter, bank account letters.

Pryanik :)

Hi Strijepop,

You're right about the documents. Also you can only submit on or after October 1 which is the date when you will become current (same as myself). What I am not sure is if we should also file aditional documents about education, employment letter, bank account letters.

Pryanik :)

oh,i forgot,also dv fee receipt and check for 1070 $,i just should put in the envelope money order for 1070 $,right?
i wish you good luck prianik)i am still waiting for dv fee receipt and for lab tests results to come...so long..nadeiusi vse budet horosho. i dont think it is important for me employment letter and bank statement, coz i am on j1 visa like au pair, i dont think i need it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all...
I already pay my AOS fee. And i got my receipt about 20 days ago. But i didn't get any DV Adjustmebt e-mail letter yet. What should i do? Am i have to wait?

You will eventually get the DV Adjustment email. It's receipt depends on when your forms where sent to KCC though.

Hi all...
I already pay my AOS fee. And i got my receipt about 20 days ago. But i didn't get any DV Adjustmebt e-mail letter yet. What should i do? Am i have to wait?

I suggest you write your names as they appear on your notification letter. Not sure about the cashier's check, but you can write your dv number on the line where it says "Memo" on the money order.

Thank you. I have a middle name and a given name but I think I just have to write my "given name" here "Selectee Given Name"right? Does it matter? because on my birth certificate and notification letter there is my given name and my middle name. Where can I write the dv number on my cashier's cheick or money order?

I suggest you write your names as they appear on your notification letter. Not sure about the cashier's check, but you can write your dv number on the line where it says "Memo" on the money order.
Thanks.. my CN is AF00003XXX when am I going to be current?

AF00003XXX :confused: You're current for October :) You better get cracking and be ready to send in your I485 package on Sept. 28th for next business day delivery (to arrive on October 1st) if you want to be done early and put the entire process behind you.

Goodluck!

Thanks.. my CN is AF00003XXX when am I going to be current?

AF00003XXX :confused: You're current for October :) You better get cracking and be ready to send in your I485 package on Sept. 28th for next business day delivery (to arrive on October 1st) if you want to be done early and put the entire process behind you.

Goodluck!
OOh sorry it is AF0003XXXX

Hi everybody,
I sent DPS122 on July21st to the KCC and haven't head anything from them since then.
It's been 9 weeks now... what is the normal time until they'll send out AOS Confirmation?

It's taking KCC much longer now to send out AOS confirmation email/letter following the receipt of DSP forms. Response time is no longer predictable, but I'm guessing you should be hearing back from them in the next 2-3 weeks or so (could be less of course).

Hi everybody,
I sent DPS122 on July21st to the KCC and haven't head anything from them since then.
It's been 9 weeks now... what is the normal time until they'll send out AOS Confirmation?

Hi everybody,

I sent mine by the same time and didn't receive the aos confirmation yet. But I cAlled and the lady said they have received the forms. As long aS you aRe not out of status you can go ahead and pay. The dv fees. I paid mine today. And most of the people in this forum paid before they received the aos letter.(I'm not saying you will not receive it if you don't pay)