• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Thank you for helping:)

Since it is free to apply for I-131 and I-765 with I-485 package, me and my wife will apply for these 2 :)

Just have some questions in the forms, hope anyone knows would help us. Thank you.

1. In form I765, # 16 what is the code that we should put? Me and my wife both had OPT before and now in H1b. One USCIS officer told me to put C. 9. and another one told me to put C.17.i please help?

2. In form I765, it asked if we have applied for employment authorization? I assumed we both put yes, since we both had OPT then transfer to H1?

3. In I-485, it asked about non immigration visa number, etc, but since my wife is renewing, she only has old visa number, so would just put the old visa number and old visa information in the form ??

4. In I-485, i am currently with H1 but never left the country, so i do not have Visa Stamp with Number, so in the form, should i put my F-1 Visa Number and F-1 information?

5. In I-485, it asked the expiration of current status, but my wife is renewing H1, what she should put in this blank since she only has the notice??

Thank you.

Hope everything is doing well preparing!

Since it is free to apply for I-131 and I-765 with I-485 package, me and my wife will apply for these 2 :)

Just have some questions in the forms, hope anyone knows would help us. Thank you.

1. In form I765, # 16 what is the code that we should put? Me and my wife both had OPT before and now in H1b. One USCIS officer told me to put C. 9. and another one told me to put C.17.i please help?

2. In form I765, it asked if we have applied for employment authorization? I assumed we both put yes, since we both had OPT then transfer to H1?

3. In I-485, it asked about non immigration visa number, etc, but since my wife is renewing, she only has old visa number, so would just put the old visa number and old visa information in the form ??

4. In I-485, i am currently with H1 but never left the country, so i do not have Visa Stamp with Number, so in the form, should i put my F-1 Visa Number and F-1 information?

5. In I-485, it asked the expiration of current status, but my wife is renewing H1, what she should put in this blank since she only has the notice??

Thank you.

I don't really have any idea...hope someone is gonna answer...Or you should see an attorney

Hi,

Here are my answers:

1. (C) (09) ( )
2. Yes, you have already applied for this once.
3. I think the information on the old visa should be fine
4. I am assuming that H1 visas must also have some number. Look at your documents that you have received for your H1 Visa. I guess you should be able to find something
5. I am on F1 and I only know about my case. Since your situation is some how complicated, you need to hear from someone with more knowledge.

Wish you the bests!

Thank you.

Thank you loladvas13!

I forgot to ask that.. is it a must to provide employment letter for DV program? I have all copies of paystubs already..

Thanks.

Again, Since I am not working right now, I might be off the hook.

However, even for my case, I have got a letter from the school indicating that I am a student here with research assistantship contract.

So, I think it makes sense for you to have such a letter too!

Thank you loladvas13!

I forgot to ask that.. is it a must to provide employment letter for DV program? I have all copies of paystubs already..

Thanks.

3. Old visa number/information should suffice

4. Yes, provide the F1 visa information (I'm assuming this is for Part 3, section A of the I-485. Remember this section is asking questions related to your entrance status. The previous question before it says: "In what status did you last enter?"). Of course you will list your current visa status as H1 under Part 1.

5. First check your wife's I-94, does it say 'D/S' (Duration of Stay)? If yes, go ahead and use that since since all your wife has at the moment is the renewal notice.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Medical for AOS

I am applying for Adjustment of Status for 2013 DV. have already got Emal and have paid fee. Now i am getting confused about medical.
What vacation i need?- Can i take these vaccination outside like in (wall-green or CVS)? and then go to certified physician for TB test?

what documents i need to send while filling I-485?

I am applying for Adjustment of Status for 2013 DV. have already got Emal and have paid fee. Now i am getting confused about medical.
What vacation i need?- Can i take these vaccination outside like in (wall-green or CVS)? and then go to certified physician for TB test?

I think you can as long as you have a certified document to prove that you have your immunizations. concerning the others questions I don't really know

Medical for AOS

I would highly recommend against trying to get vaccinations from any of the listed pharmacies for the purpose of meeting the AOS requirement. You will probably end up spending more than you should considering the fact that you're not even sure of what vaccination you need to take, unless you've met with a designated civil surgeon who has confirmed what vaccine you need.

You can make the medical process easier on yourself by doing the following:

• Shop around for prices by calling the civil surgeons and finding out the maximum cost you might pay (assuming you have no record of previous immunization) - if you're without medical insurance, or in a situation where the civil surgeons in your area will not accept your medical insurance. The doctors do not charge the same price, some may insist on carrying out tests that are not 'medically appropriate' simply because you have no immunization records to show - refer to this guidelines if you find yourself in that situation: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memo...nges121509.pdf

Second letter

Today I received my second letter by email.
My case- I filled as single, and sent my first letter as single. I got married to my long time gf in sept and sent my updated forms to KCC. Now my question is do i only get one 2 nd letter for myself or am i going to get one more for her too?
Thank you.

No, not likely to get a 2nd NL regarding your new wife. You are the main applicant, hence the notification you received which however covers any dependant you may have. Your next step should be to go ahead and make the DV payment for yourself and your wife (if you haven't done that already). You should also start filling out Form I-458 and all the other applicable forms.

Today I received my second letter by email.
My case- I filled as single, and sent my first letter as single. I got married to my long time gf in sept and sent my updated forms to KCC. Now my question is do i only get one 2 nd letter for myself or am i going to get one more for her too?
Thank you.

Sent docs on Tuesday

Loladvas13,

I sent my docs on Tuesday ( 3 day FedEx) hoping it would be delivered after 4 friday but was delivered on thursday morning. Praying that mail room guys accept it . Will find out this week if I get email or text notification.

Minto64,

I was concerned about the weekend too. So, I decided to wait until Monday and send it with the overnight service.

But I think they understand the situation and I am sure they will accept it.

Lets stay in touch and see what happens next! Wish the best of luck for both of us and other AOSers!

No, not likely to get a 2nd NL regarding your new wife. You are the main applicant, hence the notification you received which however covers any dependant you may have. Your next step should be to go ahead and make the DV payment for yourself and your wife (if you haven't done that already). You should also start filling out Form I-458 and all the other applicable forms.

Thanks buddy. I havent paid the fees yet. I wanted to wait for the letter to come first. My numbers wont be current before Jan i guess. I will do that next week.

DV 11 AoS Time lines

DV 11 AoS Time lines

I hope this will be useful for the DV 13 AoS ers!

Try start your own one as well for AoS 13.
I am not sure who made the spreadsheet, but chk around and PM few usernames in there (try 'natta' or 'nncu') and you will sure find out, and you may be able to get a copy of the spreadsheet with all the conditional formulas/calcs etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CKu6h5UN&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Best!

PS: I think you can just download this and use it as a template.

Hello everyone,
I am going to do AOS this year. I sent a mail to KCC and got a reply that they accept my AOS request.
I just did this and my number is not up yet. big probably will come on december.i hope.
my question is that what I should do now. I ve read the forum and I saw that everyone had done most of the things.
I havent paid anything yet. I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me or give me the links in the forum that I can get an idea?
thanks

Hello everyone,
I am going to do AOS this year. I sent a mail to KCC and got a reply that they accept my AOS request.
I just did this and my number is not up yet. big probably will come on december.i hope.
my question is that what I should do now. I ve read the forum and I saw that everyone had done most of the things.
I havent paid anything yet. I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me or give me the links in the forum that I can get an idea?
thanks

Check this website for payment instruction. The applicable fee is $330 per person.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

you should also prepare for your medical examination and do missing imminuzations in your record..you can find offical surgeons here on here https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...ffice_type=CIV

I didn't receive my AOS letter since july. I wonder if there is something wrong

emir.imdi,

Go ahead and call KCC. Ask them to check your case. They can tell you whether your file is processed or if something is wrong.

But, it seems that many people haven't received the email. the only thing that matters is the receipt for DV fees.

Check this website for payment instruction. The applicable fee is $330 per person.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

you should also prepare for your medical examination and do missing imminuzations in your record..you can find offical surgeons here on here https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...ffice_type=CIV

I didn't receive my AOS letter since july. I wonder if there is something wrong