• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I realize this has already been answered by a couple of other people, here's additional information I think other people may benefit from:

• Be sure to pick a designated civil surgeon for your medical exam - here's a link to finding USCIS designated surgeons in your area: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV
  • Shop around for prices - for those without medical insurance, or in a situation where the civil surgeons in your area will not accept your medical insurance. The doctors do not charge the same price, some may insist on carrying out tests that are not 'medically appropriate' simply because you have no immunization records to show - refer to this guidelines if you find yourself in that situation: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static%20Files%20Memoranda/VaccinationChanges121509.pdf
  • If you're from a country where BCG immunization is administered or has been administered to as a baby, you will most likely test positive for the TB skin test. You might want to mention this before hand to the doctor when you go for your medical exam. In which case, he may just ask you to go ahead and do the chest x-ray instead of waiting for 3 days to read the result of the TB skin test.

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone of you have done your medicals and be kind enough to share your experience...? What was it like? And how long did it take?

Also I am wondering if I have to use the report of the vaccinations I got in the past in my home country to see a local surgeon...?

Thanks for your help :)!!!

Hello,

Below are me and my wife list of forms and supporting documents so far, if anything missing please let me know. Thank you :)

1. I485 form
2. I693
3. G-325A
4. I131
5. 1145
6. I765

7. Birth and Marriage certificate
8. All notification letters (1, 2 and barcode)
9. H1b documents / recent paystub / w-2 / tax return
10. Master diploma
11. photos/cashier check/all passport copies

In regards to payment, what is the correct amount for I485, I 131 and I765? Thanks.

P.S. Should I pay $500 consultant fee to attorney to go through every answer in the forms, make sure we have everything correct?

A number/I-94 number

I think it is fine. As the matter of fact, my doctor did the same! She signed over the flap.

Thank you loladvas13.

I do have a bit different question again. On I-693 form, I did not mention anything in the space where Alien number supposed to mention. This is because, we dont have "A" number starting from A. Now, I realize that we can use I94 number as a compliment of A-number. I should have asked this question before completing I-693 by physician. How serious that the number (from I-94) would be in I-693 form? I might consider to fill up I-693 again if it is required.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Jay,

Again, you did the right think. the field for A number must be left blank if you don't have one!

The number on I-94 is referred to as I-94# (e.x. see the I-458 form) and should not be confused with anything else.

You don't need to re-do the medical forms.

Stay relax!

Thank you loladvas13.

I do have a bit different question again. On I-693 form, I did not mention anything in the space where Alien number supposed to mention. This is because, we dont have "A" number starting from A. Now, I realize that we can use I94 number as a compliment of A-number. I should have asked this question before completing I-693 by physician. How serious that the number (from I-94) would be in I-693 form? I might consider to fill up I-693 again if it is required.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Forms

balm2013
Based on uscis website fee for

I485 And G-325a is $1070

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. Should I pay $500 consultant fee to attorney to go through every answer in the forms, make sure we have everything correct?

That's up to you but for simple cases you simply have to fill out forms and there's nothing tricky or litigious.
I took one because at first when I found out I was scared, I thought I was late, I didn't know about this forum and I didn't know what to do. He's my company's attorney , he did my previous visa and he charged me $975! I regret now because at the en his work won't worth that price.

Jay,

Again, you did the right think. the field for A number must be left blank if you don't have one!

The number on I-94 is referred to as I-94# (e.x. see the I-458 form) and should not be confused with anything else.

You don't need to re-do the medical forms.

Stay relax!

Thanks so much loladvas again.

Thank you Minto64 and kazore for helping!

Does anyone know if me and my wife both have H1 visa, do we have to apply for I765?? It requires $380 again..

Thanks.

Balm2013

You do not need to apply for I765 as well as I131. Was wondering why you were going o send it but did not want to ask for your reasons

Sorry Minto.. I am quite confused by what you meant.

Since me and my wife both have H1, we are not sure if it is a must to apply for I765 in order for both of us to work.. If we don't apply I765, then 3 yrs later, we have no work authorization.

Balm2013

You do not need to apply for I765 as well as I131. Was wondering why you were going o send it but did not want to ask for your reasons

Balm2013

Once you get the green card you no longer need work authorization. In fact you are no longer obligated to work for your H-1 sponsor employer and can change employers should you wish to. You will need to inform your employer that you are now a Green card holder and they will update eir personnel records.

Those applying for I765 do not have any work authorization/h-1 status and would like to start working while waiting for their green cards.
With the green card you will no longer need the travel document and hence no need to apply for I131.

Question

Hi All,
I m currently in H1 status and my wife on H4. my wife has been selected but the case number is a bit high.
I see that there is medicals to be done sometime, could you provide more details on this ? when to do it ? where ? what type of medicals ?
Also, for a AOS and given this high case number, can you help estimate when the interview will be ? i will have to travel in the summer and need to make a planning ..

Thank you for helping ...

Hi All,
I m currently in H1 status and my wife on H4. my wife has been selected but the case number is a bit high.
I see that there is medicals to be done sometime, could you provide more details on this ? when to do it ? where ? what type of medicals ?
Also, for a AOS and given this high case number, can you help estimate when the interview will be ? i will have to travel in the summer and need to make a planning ..

You can do it s soon as you receive your AOS letter from kcc. you can find information about certified physicians here depending on your area. https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Going by the Visa Bulletin of 2012, the earliest you'll be current is June 2013. But there's no guarantee to this because Visa Bulletins for 2009 - 2011 shows your number as being current in August 2013.

Refer to postings on page 11 for additional information regarding the required medical exam.

Hi All,

second letter for AOS

case number : 2013AS8xxx
Hey guys, i got second notification letter from KCC. They sent me an email providing me with two attached file, in one of them they asked me to send edv fee and in second file they told me that they were aware about my intention to adjust status in USA. I have sent them EDV fee and i hope i will get my receipt shortly. When should i send i-485? Can i send it on october 1st or i need to wait till my number is current?

No, you cannot submit I-485 on October first.

Based to the Visa Bulletin, people with case numbers less than 1900 can apply in October.

You still have to wait for your number to become current.

case number : 2013AS8xxx
Hey guys, i got second notification letter from KCC. They sent me an email providing me with two attached file, in one of them they asked me to send edv fee and in second file they told me that they were aware about my intention to adjust status in USA. I have sent them EDV fee and i hope i will get my receipt shortly. When should i send i-485? Can i send it on october 1st or i need to wait till my number is current?

thank you Sm1smom , hope it will be sooner.
Once it becomes current , i heard that interview appointments are generally not soon. may take ~ 2 months from time of application. is this true ?

Going by the Visa Bulletin of 2012, the earliest you'll be current is June 2013. But there's no guarantee to this because Visa Bulletins for 2009 - 2011 shows your number as being current in August 2013.

Refer to postings on page 11 for additional information regarding the required medical exam.

I guess it could take as much as that. Interview appointments could depend on a number of factors such as: when the Chicago mail box receives the application package which in turn determines when it gets processed and forward to the applicable FO, how busy the respective FO's are, when one is given the feedback to go ahead and do biometrics, etc.

But the good part for you is that you should become current in August, then you'll only have about one month of waiting to do, since the fiscal year for 2013 comes to an end in September.

thank you Sm1smom , hope it will be sooner.
Once it becomes current , i heard that interview appointments are generally not soon. may take ~ 2 months from time of application. is this true ?

I have one question. Isn't it too early to have medical exams now when our case number will be available after March or sth?