• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I believe it asks if you met with an immigration officer at the port of arrival.

For example in my case since I entered on a student visa, I was accompanied by an officer for special registration, I was asked to fill out a form and then I had to wait to receive the I-94.

So I would say yes to answer this question. I am pretty much sure that most people arriving on a visa will be inspected by an officer.

Hi guys,

Do you know what does it mean in I-485 form, part3, a section "Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer?" question. They ask about visit our house or they are talking about Entrance to U.S.

I couldnt decide it. If they talk about entrance of the US, what kind of inspection they are asking about. Is baggage control include this inspection or what ???

i-864 Affidavit form

Hello

Case number : 2013EU00003***

i have H1B visa my wife has H-4 visa .i am doing AOS process. i have been working with H1B since 2011 January My question is , should do my wife and i have to fill i-864 Affidavid suporsor form? i am already working do i still need sponsor?

Thaks

"Translation is true and correct" is totally fine. That's enough proof it's accurate.

Hello everyone,

I translated my birth certificate and high school diploma certification.

When I asked from KCC about translation they replied that:
All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

· Translation is accurate, and
· Translator is competent to translate.

The terms should be exactly same as above? or something equivalent is fine?
in my translations I see that it's said that translation is true and correct. And nothing is said about being competent.
Does anyone translate his/her documents? Did the translator mention above statements for you?

If it's a routine thing I should ask them to modify translation.
Thanks in advance for you help
Regards,

You do not need to send I-864 for now. In your interview letter, the immigration officer may ask you to bring it to the interview. Until then, do not worry about it.

Hello

Case number : 2013EU00003***

i have H1B visa my wife has H-4 visa .i am doing AOS process. i have been working with H1B since 2011 January My question is , should do my wife and i have to fill i-864 Affidavid suporsor form? i am already working do i still need sponsor?

Thaks

which forms we should file for AOS?

Hello,

Could anyone tell me which forms we should file for USCIS except I-485 and I-693 (report of medical exam)?
I'm Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant in my PhD studying. Should I file any form regarding employment?

Thanks.

No specific USCIS forms are needed for employment status. However, a couple of recent paystubs + any W2s will help.

Hello,

Could anyone tell me which forms we should file for USCIS except I-485 and I-693 (report of medical exam)?
I'm Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant in my PhD studying. Should I file any form regarding employment?

Thanks.

Aos

Hello everyone
I'm selected for the dv2013. I sent my forms to kcc since june 17th and I called them today to know if they have received the forms. The lady tolf me that they are processing my case. My question is: do I have to wait for the AOS letter before paying the dv fees? If I don't pay the dv fees now, will I receive the Aos letter from kcc?
thank you

I think you may go ahead and make the payment provided you're certain you're not out of status. KCC is beginning to take much longer in sending out the verification letter following the submission of forms. It took over 2 months for me to get the email from KCC. You will certainly receive the email from KCC whether or not you go ahead and make the payment ahead of their response.

Hello everyone
I'm selected for the dv2013. I sent my forms to kcc since june 17th and I called them today to know if they have received the forms. The lady tolf me that they are processing my case. My question is: do I have to wait for the AOS letter before paying the dv fees? If I don't pay the dv fees now, will I receive the Aos letter from kcc?
thank you

I think you may go ahead and make the payment provided you're certain you're not out of status. KCC is beginning to take much longer in sending out the verification letter following the submission of forms. It took over 2 months for me to get the email from KCC. You will certainly receive the email from KCC whether or not you go ahead and make the payment ahead of their response.

thank you,
So how can I pay the dv fees?

Change of Address

I send in my DSP-122 and DS230 in June. However, during August I moved.
I emailed KCC informing them with my new address. I stated in the email to reply me once they have received my mail or once they have changed my address.
A couple of weeks passed...no response.

So a couple of days ago I printed the AR-11 form and send it to the US department. So far I have no reply yet.

I checked https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ to see my status, and I found out that my OLD address was still written there.
I'm freaked out. I read in previous posts that the government send back letters using the self-addressed envelopes. I wouldn't know if they send me anything cause I have no access to my old place, I can't check my mails! And apparently the government has not updated my address so what if they do send me letters at the wrong place? That would destroy my chance of winning this lottery.

Anyone any suggestion?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When do we have to pay the $330?
Also, when do we have to pay the AOS $1070 fee?

No, my number is not current yet. (I think it'll be current in february-ish)

when to send I-485

My case number is:
2013EU0002****
I am not current yet.

When shall I send in my I-485?
Shall I wait until I'm current? or the soon the better?

Thanks~

I emailed KCC informing them with my new address. I stated in the email to reply me once they have received my mail or once they have changed my address.

So a couple of days ago I printed the AR-11 form and send it to the US department. So far I have no reply yet.

I checked https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ to see my status, and I found out that my OLD address was still written there.
I'm freaked out. I read in previous posts that the government send back letters using the self-addressed envelopes. I wouldn't know if they send me anything cause I have no access to my old place, I can't check my mails! And apparently the government has not updated my address so what if they do send me letters at the wrong place? That would destroy my chance of winning this lottery.

Anyone any suggestion?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARe you doing AOS? Were you in the US when you sent your forms to kcc? I think nobody will receive a letter from kcc this year by mail. Some people received their AOS letter and it was by their email.

I wouldn't be freaking out about a change of address at this stage if I was in your shoes. KCC's method of communication at this stage so far has been via email. So the fact that you have no access to your previous address is not a show spoiler.

You can go ahead and make the DV payment ahead of getting a confirmation email regarding your AOS process preference. Be sure to use your new address on the payment form and the SAE you'll be using. (You may want to include a copy of the AR-11 form you sent as prove of change of address).

You cannot make the $1070 AOS fees before your number is current as you cannot send out your I-485 package ahead of time without it being rejected and sent back - so I wouldn't even worry about that for now.

Anyone any suggestion?

I wouldn't be freaking out about a change of address at this stage if I was in your shoes. KCC's method of communication at this stage so far has been via email. So the fact that you have no access to your previous address is not a show spoiler.

You can go ahead and make the DV payment ahead of getting a confirmation email regarding your AOS process preference. Be sure to use your new address on the payment form and the SAE you'll be using. (You may want to include a copy of the AR-11 form you sent as prove of change of address).

You cannot make the $1070 AOS fees before your number is current as you cannot send out your I-485 package ahead of time without it being rejected and sent back - so I wouldn't even worry about that for now.

I totally agree with you

regarding point no 7 : for form G325A, do we also need to submit for daughter application ? (she's 13 years old).

thanks!

Dear all,

I have some questions in regards to I485 package, hope I could have some helps. Thank you very much.

1. In birth certificate, it has my country government stamp but not in English, do I have to bring it to notarize in the US?

2. In birth certificate, do I must have my parents’ date of birth??(current one I have only have my date and place of birth and parents name, that’s it)

3. For education, can me and my wife only send a copy of US school Diploma of Master? I saw the checklist of others and he mentioned about high school, college, etc diploma and “transcripts”. Thus, we are so confused..

4. Is an employment letter necessary? My company does not gave the letter.. but I can have all the paystubs. Tax return form and W2 needed to send in?

5. What we have to submit for Affidavit? We do not have any sponsor…

6. My wife is renewing her working visa(H1) (current one will expire in September), and she has only Receipt # now for renewing H1, so we will have to make copies of her current H1 and Receipt number?

7. I485 package forms: I693, I765, G325A, I131, and other forms missing?

8. The barcode notification, would it mean the barcode in first welcome letter in the online system?

9. What to put for A# in I485 form? Agent said don't put anything even OPT and H1 have A#..

Thank you very much for help.

P.S. I have called USCIS try to find out these answers myself first but the lady was rude and rushing.. so I could not have all above clear answer. Sorry for inconvenience.

J1 visa waiver appication and dv lottery 2013

Hello Guys. I am surgical resident in New York. I am from Syria. on J1 visa and i discovered lately that i was selected for DV2013 on May 1. I just file waiver application based on persecusion and i will take 3-4 month to be processed.
My case number is 2013AS00002xxx.
My questions are

Can i start the process now by contacting KCC ( although not necessary). And paying the fees and even filing the form i-485. Before my waiver application been approved but for sure waiver should be approved before my interview.
Would any of my application affect the other. ? I mean paying the fees willake USCIS know that i am willing to file AoS to permanent residence and may cancel my waover application.

Can I travel back and get married? So I can file my wife with me. ?

I appreciate any response.
Thanks Obaida
2013AS00002xxx

You can start the process by contacting KCC and paying the DV fee. As far as I-485 is concerned, you need to wait until your number (2013AS00002xxx) is current on the visa bulletin before doing that.

Hello Guys. I am surgical resident in New York. I am from Syria. on J1 visa and i discovered lately that i was selected for DV2013 on May 1. I just file waiver application based on persecusion and i will take 3-4 month to be processed.
My case number is 2013AS00002xxx.
My questions are

Can i start the process now by contacting KCC ( although not necessary). And paying the fees and even filing the form i-485. Before my waiver application been approved but for sure waiver should be approved before my interview.
Would any of my application affect the other. ? I mean paying the fees willake USCIS know that i am willing to file AoS to permanent residence and may cancel my waover application.

Can I travel back and get married? So I can file my wife with me. ?

I appreciate any response.
Thanks Obaida
2013AS00002xxx