• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hi guys,

Do you know what does it mean in I-485 form, part3, a section "Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer?" question. They ask about visit our house or they are talking about Entrance to U.S.

I couldnt decide it. If they talk about entrance of the US, what kind of inspection they are asking about. Is baggage control include this inspection or what ???

I do have some questions about filing I 485. Could anyone help me on that pls.?

1. In part 1, current USCIS status and expiration date, I guess I need to put N/A if not, right?

2. In part 4, I guess, I dont need to enter anything on that part because of no impairment and disability, right? or I need to put NO anyway.
3. On part 5 signature part, We can check the first option for myself and my wife. But, I am not sure what would be the option for my daughter (3yrs)?. She also need to file separate I-485. Based on my knowledge, I need to jump directly into part 6 and mention my name on signature section since I am going to fill her information. However, not sure, what I put into 'firm and address' category.

Question 1: No, you shouldn't put N/A. I believe you need to put the expiration date on your I-94. If the I-94 shows 'D/S' (Duration of Stay) like most F1 Visa holders' shows, then you should write "D/S".

Question 2: You can either leave it blank (since you've already selected No above) or simply put N/A (Not Applicable).
I do have some questions about filing I 485. Could anyone help me on that pls.?

1. In part 1, current USCIS status and expiration date, I guess I need to put N/A if not, right?

2. In part 4, I guess, I dont need to enter anything on that part because of no impairment and disability, right? or I need to put NO anyway.
3. On part 5 signature part, We can check the first option for myself and my wife. But, I am not sure what would be the option for my daughter (3yrs)?. She also need to file separate I-485. Based on my knowledge, I need to jump directly into part 6 and mention my name on signature section since I am going to fill her information. However, not sure, what I put into 'firm and address' category.

Dear,

Thank you for helping.

I have one quick question for supporting document. For bank statement, do I go to bank and ask for signed statement indicating the balance I have? Or I can send a general statement simply printed from online banking myself?
I also include W2, tax return, are these necessary for I485 package?

Also, is it neccesary for me and my wife to apply I131(we both are under H1B), we are not planing to travel outside of USA until Jan. 2013? Our number is current in Oct..

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question 1: No, you shouldn't put N/A. I believe you need to put the expiration date on your I-94. If the I-94 shows 'D/S' (Duration of Stay) like most F1 Visa holders' shows, then you should write "D/S".

Question 2: You can either leave it blank (since you've already selected No above) or simply put N/A (Not Applicable).

thank you very much Sm1smon

What about "Current USCIS status" option? Yes, As you said, D/S is written in I 94. then, I have to write the same, right?

Thanks again.

HI every one 2013 winners
i was a winner in 2012 with high case number and i am ready to any one from 2013 in there process or question the process easy even if you have high case number you will get it but you need to be patient and wait i been in all the stress you can imagine

Hello everyone,

I just checked the visa bulletin for Oct. 2012,
It's so strange that the number of available visas for Asia is reduced to 1900 (last year it was 8000).
My case number is AS8***. So i'm worried that it will be too late for me to do AOS.
I hope that for next months they will increase the numbers faster :(

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't see this before.

For the "Current USCIS Status" you need to put in your current visa type/category, i.e. H1, H4, F1, etc - whichever is applicable to you.

What about "Current USCIS status" option? Yes, As you said, D/S is written in I 94. then, I have to write the same, right?

Thanks again.

Hi bro
relax don`t worry if you see my case number was in 73000 i wait one year until my case number became current to do AOS so all you have to is waiting

Hello everyone,

It's so strange that the number of available visas for Asia is reduced to 1900 (last year it was 8000).
My case number is AS8***. So i'm worried that it will be too late for me to do AOS.
Hi bro
relax don`t worry if you see my case number was in 73000 i wait one year until my case number became current to do AOS so all you have to is waiting

However, a weird things occur, last year AS case number as you, may be 73XXX, however DV-2013, none of AS case number larger than 10,000!

Has anyone done their medical?

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone of you have done your medicals and be kind enough to share your experience...? What was it like? And how long did it take?

Also I am wondering if I have to use the report of the vaccinations I got in the past in my home country to see a local surgeon...?

Thanks for your help :)!!!

Thanks EYW979,

Hope we will get our GC too.
One more question, after filing I485 and other documents how long it will take to be interviewed?
Is it affected by the fact that USCIS offices in some cities are busy and they have long waiting time for GC proessing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Yes I did my medical exams. Its pretty straight forward. The actual this can happen in 2 hours. But the whole process takes a few days since you have to wait for some test results. So, I say plan for a week.

The only lab test is a simple blood test and a TB skin test. If your TB test returns positive, then you have to take some other tests such as chest x-ray.

For vaccines, take all documents with you. These are the vaccines that you should have Td, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella (chicken pox), and Influenza (anual flue shots only if it is the season). For Varicella, you dont need any certification. If you had the history, just tell them I had it!

Thats it. Just make sure to read the instructions for the form I-693 to familiarize your self with how the envelop should be prepared. Double check the doctor follows the correct instruction.

Good luck.

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone of you have done your medicals and be kind enough to share your experience...? What was it like? And how long did it take?

Also I am wondering if I have to use the report of the vaccinations I got in the past in my home country to see a local surgeon...?

Hi everyone,

I just did the medical exam last week. I picked up a doctor in NY that takes my insurance. I only paid the co-pay. The doctor asked basic questions, listened to my heart, blood pressure, drew some blood, then did a skin test for tuberculosis. Depending on the reaction of the test they'll do or not a chest radiography. The red spot on your arm has to be 4mm or smaller to avoid the x-rays. I had no vaccination record at all. The last vaccination I had was 12 years ago when I was a student. I had to do MMR at the first visit and then tetanus /diphtheria 2 days after. Then the receptionist filled out the forms, she gave me a photocopy and the sealed envelope with the original forms and she wished me good luck.

If you have any record from previous vaccinations bring them. Depending also on the result of the blood test you can avoid unnecessary immunisation like varicella. They'll check if you have anti-bodies.

Hi,

Yes I did my medical exams. Its pretty straight forward. The actual this can happen in 2 hours. But the whole process takes a few days since you have to wait for some test results. So, I say plan for a week.

The only lab test is a simple blood test and a TB skin test. If your TB test returns positive, then you have to take some other tests such as chest x-ray.

For vaccines, take all documents with you. These are the vaccines that you should have Td, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella (chicken pox), and Influenza (anual flue shots only if it is the season). For Varicella, you dont need any certification. If you had the history, just tell them I had it!

Thats it. Just make sure to read the instructions for the form I-693 to familiarize your self with how the envelop should be prepared. Double check the doctor follows the correct instruction.

Good luck.

Regarding medical examination, I have done mine and my daughter. My wife is in process for the test. In envelop, doctor put his signature instead of initials on folded area of envelop and sealed that with tape. Is that okay? or the envelop should strictly contain initials?

Hello everyone,

Again surprising!! The cutoff for November from AS is only 2350. See the link.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5770.html

I think it is fine. As the matter of fact, my doctor did the same! She signed over the flap.

Regarding medical examination, I have done mine and my daughter. My wife is in process for the test. In envelop, doctor put his signature instead of initials on folded area of envelop and sealed that with tape. Is that okay? or the envelop should strictly contain initials?