• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

emir.imdi,

Go ahead and call KCC. Ask them to check your case. They can tell you whether your file is processed or if something is wrong.

But, it seems that many people haven't received the email. the only thing that matters is the receipt for DV fees.

I called them one month ago and they said they have received my form and that they are processing my case

Hello everyone,

I have one important point to ask.. I just sent out the 485 package to Chicago this morning. Then called KCC again, they told me that I have to call USCIS informing them to request my DS122, etc forms from KCC in order to proceed..

I just spoke to USCIS representative and they said, I don't have to do anything, they will just process it...

Can anyone advise detail?

I should be able to receive a Receipt Notice in 10 days maybe?

Thanks.

I am very nervous for the process too.. hope everything goes well and same as you all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge you don't need to anything right now. They should do this automatically.

I have heard in some cases, people had to call USCIS and KCC to do some followups on their application. But this is pretty rare and does not happen frequently.

BTW, I also sent my package today. Lets hope we hear back soon from them!

Hello everyone,

I have one important point to ask.. I just sent out the 485 package to Chicago this morning. Then called KCC again, they told me that I have to call USCIS informing them to request my DS122, etc forms from KCC in order to proceed..

I just spoke to USCIS representative and they said, I don't have to do anything, they will just process it...

Can anyone advise detail?

I should be able to receive a Receipt Notice in 10 days maybe?

Thanks.

I am very nervous for the process too.. hope everything goes well and same as you all :)

advice

I've been selected for the lottery visa dv2013 but i do have legal situation.I overstayed my F1 visa for four years now and I'm working illegally also. I need advice on how to take advantage of the this opportunity. can i be able to adjust status here of will i have a better chance to succeed if i go back home to get it done? thanks

I've been selected for the lottery visa dv2013 but i do have legal situation.I overstayed my F1 visa for four years now and I'm working illegally also. I need advice on how to take advantage of the this opportunity. can i be able to adjust status here of will i have a better chance to succeed if i go back home to get it done? thanks[/QUOTE
I think you should talk with an attorney. I think it will be hard to adjust your status here based on your situation (this is a personnal view)

Yes you should really ask an attorney. In my opinion you can't apply to adjust your status because you've been out of status. An overstay of less than 180 days is usually pardonable. Between 180 days and 1 year you are barred from reentering the US for three years. An overstay of more than a year, it is a 10 year bar.

Then you have the possibility of going back to your country. You can pretend that you've been living in your country for the last 4 years and that you left before your visa expired. This is tricky too because they may find out that you were actually in the US during the last 4 years and you won't be able to go back to the US.
A good attorney can advise you what possibilities you have.

This page list all the documents required for consular processing http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

Do we need to provide military records for AOS too? Except that page I've never seen anywhere, even on this forum, that they are asking for military records.

What about foreign police certificates? Do we need that too?

Prognosis for Dv lottery winner 2013

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you all for your kind help and response to help each other with the dv lottery application process. I have been following the forum and it has been a big help.

I would like to ask if you guys can give me a prognosis for my dv green card # 2013AS000058XX as far as the visa number and its availability based on your observation and experience. I am on F1 visa right now.

Here is what i have done:

May 1st- got selected for the DV 2013.
Sept 27th: sent dsp 122 and DV letter to KCC; send $ 330 to DOS
Oct 2nd: checked USPS and both mails were already received at KCC and DOS.
Oct 3rd: I will plan to see a civil surgeon for the vaccination.

Thanks,

Romeo

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you all for your kind help and response to help each other with the dv lottery application process. I have been following the forum and it has been a big help.

I would like to ask if you guys can give me a prognosis for my dv green card # 2013AS000058XX as far as the visa number and its availability based on your observation and experience. I am on F1 visa right now.

Thanks,

Romeo

You should consulte the visa bulletin of the previous month. You will have an estimation of the month you will be current. Hope this help

You could actually become current between Jan - Feb. (Nov's bulletin will shed more light). Meanwhile, I suggest Asian selectees use the bulletins for 2008 and 2009 to gauge when they could be current. Those years started with low cut-off numbers too

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Romeo

You could actually become current between Jan - Feb. (Nov's bulletin will shed more light). Meanwhile, I suggest Asian selectees use the bulletins for 2008 and 2009 to gauge when they could be current. Those years started with low cut-off numbers too

If DV-2013 similar with DV-2008, DV-2009 is fine, but I'm worry about does it similar with DV-2006, DV-2007!!!!!

Yes, it's actually quite similar. In 2007, cut-off number for October was 1,550 and Nov. was 2,600. In 2006, it was a lot lower, Oct was 1,000 and Nov had 1,700. So again, I say relax and stop stressing!

If DV-2013 similar with DV-2008, DV-2009 is fine, but I'm worry about does it similar with DV-2006, DV-2007!!!!!

Yes, it's actually quite similar. In 2007, cut-off number for October was 1,550 and Nov. was 2,600. In 2006, it was a lot lower, Oct was 1,000 and Nov had 1,700. So again, I say relax and stop stressing!

Thanks for the encouragement. it does look similar with dv 2006 and 2007. I would assume my visa would be current sometime between April to June by looking at the trend from 06 and 07.

MaceHo Ice

That is right. November and certainly December will give us a better idea!