• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Thank you Lisa6 and js7:

1) I understand that it makes sense when you are not arrested not to bring any doc to IO but the letter states: "If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so". Do you recommend me just to ignore this statement?

2)I'm on F-1 status and I already have a bank statement from my home country. Is it necessary to file I-134, then?

P.S. Later on I will post the list of docs.

1) If you have ever been arrested - since you've never been arrested, don't bring anything.
2) If you are on H Status, then bring empl letter, W2 and tax return. If on another status, then Affidavit I-134
3) If you sent medical, then don't bring anything. My surgeon gave me a copy of my meds for my personal records. I would bring them, but not goignt o seal.

That's what i would do if I were you.

It looks like invitation letters have weird requirements and in most of the cases officers don't even ask for all this info.

Since you are on F1, you MUST have the affidavit of support from a US citizen or PR and if his/her annual salary is more than the poverty guideline (for 2010, family of two poverty level is $14,570/year) then the 1) employment letter (date employed, salary earned, position, etc.) with company's letterhead signed off by the manager (with his/her contact information) + 2) last 3 months paystubs OR W2 + 3) photocopy of passport will do (This is for a U.S. citizen BORN HERE, I think you need additional supporting documents for PR or U.S citizens that were not born in the U.S.). Your own income will not suffice since they need either a PR or U.S. citizen to show proof of support. Oh by the way, I also included tips for filling out the form since I had the help from my attorney:

for the most part the form is pretty easy to fill out ESPECIALLY if you know a U.S. Citizen born in the U.S., with no dependent and with a stable job/income..

#1 and #2 - The affiant information (If you know a U.S. citizen born in the U.S. then you will not have to fill out 1a-e
#3 - YOUR INFORMATION
#7 - Affiant employment information (The affiant will only have to fill out the annual income, which is the first $____ if he/she makes more than the poverty level and leave the remaining BLANK (i.e. deposit, personal property, stocks, real estate, etc) SINCE THE INCOME ALONE IS ALREADY SUFFICIENT)
#8 - NONE if no dependents
#9-10 - NONE (if that person never submitted an affidavit of support or petition)
#11 - Check the "DO NOT" intent box

initial next to ".....as amended."
Then sign next to "Signature of Sponsor"

PLUS I know that there's a debate that it does not need to be notarized, but just in case... JUST IN CASE, just pay that $10 and get it notarized by any public notary (the sponsor must be present and sign the last page in the presence of the notary) so as to allow no room for questions or delay!

Also, since you are on F1, just bring that bank statement along with you as well. Make sure it's not a copy and that it is original.

FOR YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THE COURT RECORD, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO MAKE AN INFOPASS APPOINTMENT RIGHT AWAY (THE EARLIEST ONE YOU CAN FIND BEFORE THE INTERVIEW) AND FIND OUT FROM THEM.

And yes, like lisa said, many times they don't even ask for 3/4 of the documents that you were instructed to bring... but definitely get them prepared and ready so that you have EVERYTHING you need during the interview. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
lisa6 and js7

thank you.

1. I know I have never been arrested but letter says: If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so.

should i just ignore it?

Since you are on F1, you MUST have the affidavit of support from a US citizen or PR and if his/her annual salary is more than the poverty guideline (for 2010, family of two poverty level is $14,570/year) than the 1) employment letter (date employed, salary earned, position, etc.) with company's letterhead signed off by the manager (with his/her contact information) + 2) last 3 months paystubs OR W2 + 3) photocopy of passport will do (This is for a U.S. citizen BORN HERE, I think you need additional supporting documents for PR or U.S citizens that were not born in the U.S.). Your own income will not suffice since they need either a PR or U.S. citizen to show proof of support. Oh by the way, I also included tips for filling out the form since I had the help from my attorney:

for the most part the form is pretty easy to fill out ESPECIALLY if you know a U.S. Citizen born in the U.S., with no dependent and with a stable job/income..

#1 and #2 - The affiant information (If you know a U.S. citizen born in the U.S. then you will not have to fill out 1a-e
#3 - YOUR INFORMATION
#7 - Affiant employment information (The affiant will only have to fill out the annual income, which is the first $____ if he/she makes more than the poverty level and leave the remaining BLANK (i.e. deposit, personal property, stocks, real estate, etc) SINCE THE INCOME ALONE IS ALREADY SUFFICIENT)
#9-10 - NONE (if that person never submitted an affidavit of support or petition)

PLUS I know that there's a debate that it does not need to be notarized, but just in case... JUST IN CASE, just pay that $10 and get it notarized by any public notary (the sponsor must be present and sign the last page in the presence of the notary) so as to allow no room for questions or delay!

And yes, like lisa said, many times they don't even ask for 3/4 of the documents that you were instructed to bring... but definitely get them prepared and ready so that you have EVERYTHING you need during the interview. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!!

thank you, this helped me so much...

but how about court letter stating that I have never been arrest. what should I do for this requirement. do you suggest me to go to criminal court and ask them for one?

thank you, this helped me so much...

but how about court letter stating that I have never been arrest. what should I do for this requirement. do you suggest me to go to criminal court and ask them for one?

Hmm, I am honestly not sure about this one. Can you type out the EXACT sentence as stated in the letter (Because I'm wondering if they want a letter from the U.S. or from your home country?)? If it were me, first thing I would do is make an appointment at the USCIS office this week AND while waiting for the appointment, first call your local county courthouse and ask someone there if they are able to write a letter that you have never been arrested for your AOS interview... if you still cannot get the help you need, just drive down to the courthouse and find someone there that can assist you. BUT, honestly... I think making an INFOPASS will be your best bet since the IO can give you a definite answer to your question.

Since you are on F1, you MUST have the affidavit of support from a US citizen or PR and if his/her annual salary is more than the poverty guideline (for 2010, family of two poverty level is $14,570/year) then the 1) employment letter (date employed, salary earned, position, etc.) with company's letterhead signed off by the manager (with his/her contact information) + 2) last 3 months paystubs OR W2 + 3) photocopy of passport will do (This is for a U.S. citizen BORN HERE, I think you need additional supporting documents for PR or U.S citizens that were not born in the U.S.). Your own income will not suffice since they need either a PR or U.S. citizen to show proof of support. Oh by the way, I also included tips for filling out the form since I had the help from my attorney:

#3 - YOUR INFORMATION

Also, since you are on F1, just bring that bank statement along with you as well. Make sure it's not a copy and that it is original.

FOR YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THE COURT RECORD, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO MAKE AN INFOPASS APPOINTMENT RIGHT AWAY (THE EARLIEST ONE YOU CAN FIND BEFORE THE INTERVIEW) AND FIND OUT FROM THEM.

thanks a lot. it really helped me.

This is what letter says:

1) Document number 3 says: "If you have ever been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL,certified Final Court Deposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so."

I think I would do an appointment and ask them about this problem

This is what letter says:

1) Document number 3 says: "If you have ever been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL,certified Final Court Deposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so."

I think I would do an appointment and ask them about this problem

That helps... well, I don't think you need any court certified letter, since the part where it says "if no court record is available..." applies ONLY if you had ever been arrested or charged with something. Sometimes, there are cases where ppl can get arrested but then dismissed later with no charge (i.e. no record on them) but then in that case... that person will then have to get a court certified letter stating that there is no court record on him/her but he/she was arrested.

BUT... still go ahead with your INFOPASS appointment.. get this doubt out of your way and remember to note down the officer's last name that helped you (the officer can choose not to disclose it, if that's the case, remember to make an extra copy of your INFOPASS appointment page and also remember the appearance of the officer. Mine was nice enough to give me her last name..BUT I'M JUST BEING OVERLY CAUTIOUS =P hehehe) so that you can refer to that officer later on in your interview. Oh! and don't forget to also make sure your file is at the USCIS office already (or if not, that it has been requested)

Update: LUD has changed to 11/16/2010 for I-485. Status is still in CPO, but now it is stated as "On November 16, 2010, we ordered production of your new card."

Hey, Congrats. I also got my interview for Dec 16th :) And am in NY too!

The letter is so weird, doesn't say interview letter. It says come to the office and then where, when etc. A separate page contains the things we should bring to the appointment! I hope this is the interview appointment letter :)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh today I got my interview letter for December 16 yuhu

@dalerpulatov, congratulations.. I think you misunderstood the sentence. I rephrase according to my understanding: "In case you have been charged and dismissed with no court records, you have to go to court and get a certificate saying that no court records are available".

Guys, one of the people i would be considering to write an affidavit of support later is a PR. How much is the minimum salary he's expected to have? Is it different from that of a citizen who was not born in the US?

Yo!!!!!!!
How are you all doing?????

I got the biometrics done on November 10!! And I just got in the mail my letter of INTERVIEWWW!!!! YAY! AM so HAPPY!!!!

i have to finish reading the last ten pages of the thread and then I will detail the attachement letter I got. it might be helpful for some of u.
this is so exciting!!! Good luck for all of u fellas!

Congrats. I see that a lot of people will have interview on the 16th of December, hope Santa brings the letters and the cards for everyone who is waiting till new year. Good Luck to you all. :)

Yo!!!!!!!
How are you all doing?????

I got the biometrics done on November 10!! And I just got in the mail my letter of INTERVIEWWW!!!! YAY! AM so HAPPY!!!!

i have to finish reading the last ten pages of the thread and then I will detail the attachement letter I got. it might be helpful for some of u.
this is so exciting!!! Good luck for all of u fellas!