• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi Voxx,
My parents will have their interview next week at the San Jose office. Do you remember what kind of questions they can be asked?

Thank you,

Jennharvey, when did your parents do biometrics? was it walk in or scheduled? When did you receive the interview letter for them and for when? Can you please let us know. And if possible, will you update your signature to reflect the progress.
Thanks.

Hi

Congrats to everyone who won. now i need help. am on F1 visa, my i20 expires in dec, am still in school. my visa expired long ago, i worked without authorization. what should i do? am waiting to file i485.:eek:
AF000065XXXX
july 2011- 1st nl
july 2011- sent ds 230/ 122
Sept 2011- 2nd NL
still waiting...

If your I-20 expires in December 2012; then there is nothing to worry since you are still in school. DV visas will all be issued by September 2012, so you wont have a chance to go out of status. Visa's are used for entry purposes only...they expire. What should never expire is the status. Mine expired 3 months after I made my entry over 10 years ago, but have somehow managed to maintain status...SOMEHOW! i wish you the best!

Aa - your CN is NOT like in six hundreds of thousands but sixty thousands, right?

Congrats to everyone who won. now i need help. am on F1 visa, my i20 expires in dec, am still in school. my visa expired long ago, i worked without authorization. what should i do? am waiting to file i485.:eek:
AF000065XXXX
july 2011- 1st nl
july 2011- sent ds 230/ 122
Sept 2011- 2nd NL
still waiting...

Hello!

Congrats on being among the chosen ones :)! I was a lucky winner for the DV2011 and was an international student just like you. All i can tell is not to worry about your expired because it is just served as entry purpose. Your contract with the USA is to go to school, that's all they care about. I would advise you however to make sure you renew your i-20 because they will ask you for all your i-20s at the interview. I was working illegally as well, but that is not a big deal because you don't have to actually say it to the IO ;).
Good luck!

Interview Letter

I think this is a better place to ask this question since all must have received interview letters, what was the reason for interview? Mine says "I485 - Application to Adjust Status/DV Case" I heard that some say "Completion of I485-Application to Adjust Status/DV Case"

Rejection and re-submit

Hi all

Can you please help me in this issue
I got my application I-485 rejected for filling early my case Number current in june but i send the application in 4/25/2012 and all the package return to me with along tiny stamp in all the pages with a TRN number (officer Number) and green sheet i suppose to put it in the top of package that i will resubmit my questions are:
1- Do i have to creat new package or i have to resend the same papers
2-Do i have to send the rejection letter I-797 with the package and put the Green sheet on the top or just send new packge as i am semding the first time

pleae advise

Thanks

I-485, rejection and resubmit

Hi EYW979
Did you find a solution for your problem? I have the exact same problem, I was rejected on or about May 9th, for the same reasons as moka, I am going to resubmit again the same package tomorrow, I couldn't find any other supplementary document which can help the case, I went to the local USCIS, and they told the reason of rejection was early submission! you have to wait until your case has been current for JUNE! But I am npt sure abot the trk number on all the pages!!

Rejection for the Third time need URGENT HELP

Hi every one I really need urgent help from every one of you friends

My application been rejected for the third time for the same reason which is " You have submitted a notice not authorized from DOS please check the www.dvlottery.state.gov "

I print the winning letter from the website with the date of 7/15/2011
I include also the letter from KCC when I ask them to do AOS they send me letter but without the logo only my info and the barcode so I think this letter the problem any one has any idea please
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is my first time seeing such a case, but i believe you should recontact KCC in order for them to reconfirm your eligibility to do an AOS. This is the only advice i can give you right now. Sorry and i wish you the best of luck for the rest. Let us know the results whenever you hear from them.

Hi every one I really need urgent help from every one of you friends

My application been rejected for the third time for the same reason which is " You have submitted a notice not authorized from DOS please check the www.dvlottery.state.gov "

I print the winning letter from the website with the date of 7/15/2011
I include also the letter from KCC when I ask them to do AOS they send me letter but without the logo only my info and the barcode so I think this letter the problem any one has any idea please
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks Basheer, thats a good explanation. Well from what i have read, i understand there is a form supplement to fill if you worked illegally, and costs like 1000 dollars, did u fill that?. And on the I-485 did u fill the employment section? most of the people i have asked told me its a good idea to fill that u worked since the immigration people already know.I will be graduating May, and i thought am gonna go OPT, so when i file i already have work authorization. dont know if its a good idea.I appreciate your help!:);):cool:

I heard about the form but i didn't fill that up. They didn't even ask me if i was working or not and i didn't add any of my tax returns. They don't have to know...but if they ever ask you, tell them the truth. It will be better to pay a 1000dollar fine than losing the opportunity to get ur GC. You can also tell use the fact that you in OPT right now as an excuse as well.

I fair time-honored my NL2 as well, but I hold not paid the fee yet, consequently, I am assuming KCC has not transferred my rasp to USCIS...Should I original mail the payment and subsequently exit to the USCIS or it doesn't theme?