• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi dear forum members.
I had the biometric appointment done last week and want to make some follow-up.
I have a quick question to those who did it already:
1) What number did you guys call to reach KCC to ask if the case was requested by Local Field Office after the fingerprints were taken?

2) What and how should I ask them ? Options: "Had my Local Field Office requested the file from you?"
or
" Had my file been sent to local field office?"
I know this might be an easy question, but I just wanted to verify how should I better phrase my question?

Thank You dear forum members in advanced. I hope that everyone who did biometrics will soon receive an Interview Letter.

I called them at 606-526-7500 and asked in simple way : "Can you tell me if USCIS requested my files or not". You can be more politely but in any case ask them what you have in your mind. Make it easy for you and for guy who answering you from the other side. As far as they know your case number they will give you the same simple answer and will propose you to call to USCIS by yourself and ask them. I did not called to USCIS because it is to early to ask them about your interview yet. You can ask them in 30 days after your biometrics ( natta did infopass to USCIS an they told her that).

Last edited by a moderator:
It would not hurt if you told them what your field office is to make sure the file is sent to the right office.
Something like this:

I am adjusting my status at XXX-field office, I was wondering if my file has been requested by them.

I called them at 606-526-7500 and asked in simple way : "Can you tell me if USCIS requested my files or not". You can be more politely but in any case ask them what you have in your mind. Make it easy for you and for guy who answering you from the other side. As far as they know your case number they will give you the same simple answer and will propose you to call to USCIS by yourself and ask them. I did not called to USCIS because it is to early to ask them about your interview yet. You can ask them in 30 days after your biometrics ( natta did infopass to USCIS an they told her that).

Just called to USCIS and asked them about interview time scheduling. Representative answered me in common way - there is up to 4 month for AoS files processing. So I didn't figure out any useful information for me. And I asked about if DV cases is expedited, and she just read me a long list of something that makes cases expedited.
So any options we have it is just wait for interview letter.

thanks for sharing this Lugan, what they mean is the national wait time for I-485. We can not push on the expedited part since it is early in the FY.

Just called to USCIS and asked them about interview time scheduling. Representative answered me in common way - there is up to 4 month for AoS files processing. So I didn't figure out any useful information for me. And I asked about if DV cases is expedited, and she just read me a long list of something that makes cases expedited.

Luganskman,

Do you know if your file has already been requested by the SF office?? I had a friend submit an AOS (marriage-based) there late September and she already got her biometrics/interview and green card within 2 months, so keep checking your mail... I believe the San Francisco office is pretty quick (and friendly!)

Luganskman,

Do you know if your file has already been requested by the SF office?? I had a friend submit an AOS (marriage-based) there late September and she already got her biometrics/interview and green card within 2 months, so keep checking your mail... I believe the San Francisco office is pretty quick (and friendly!)

No they don't requested my file yet. And thanks for your information.

thanks guys for helpful answers!!!another question...i already sent my DSP-122 as a single and 440$ to the right place and im waiting for my number to be current. its gonna be current on February. NOW things happened that im about to get married. So can i add her in this process too? wouldn't that be too risky? thanks guys!!!

Inform about this change to KCC in writing and over the phone ASAP. Of course you'll have to pay additional $440 to DOS. I think you should be fine. Do all this before you send your AOS packets to lockbox. And do not forget to include copy of your marriage certificate :) Good luck!

thanks guys for helpful answers!!!another question...i already sent my DSP-122 as a single and 440$ to the right place and im waiting for my number to be current. its gonna be current on February. NOW things happened that im about to get married. So can i add her in this process too? wouldn't that be too risky? thanks guys!!!

I have heard that you can. Call KCC and ask them. As long as you have not filed your application to USCIS as single, you can file for your wife too.
the good news is even if you can't, now the process of getting green card for through marriage for permanent Residents is a lot faster. you can get her green card in 6 months. See the visa bulletin under the family base category. I believe now the July applicant are current. This used to be 5 years!
Call KCC and ask them and let us know too.

Well, apparently doing walk-in bio 2 weeks before the scheduled date does not expedite anything(for me).

My visa expired already and I wanted to go to Mexico sooo much before the end of the year:)

I am going to write Santa a letter to bring me(and all current Oct) green cards before new years:)

mention me in your letter too. Do I need to leave my sucks out of the window for him to put my GC in it?
I don't know how it works :p

Well, apparently doing walk-in bio 2 weeks before the scheduled date does not expedite anything(for me).

My visa expired already and I wanted to go to Mexico sooo much before the end of the year:)

I am going to write Santa a letter to bring me(and all current Oct) green cards before new years:)

Lisa, don't forget about me as well, tell Santa that I am a was a good girl this year and had good grades in school, but I guess USCIS is not up to date with that :)

Do not worry guys. I think you all will have letter in hands by the end of this month or at worst by the first week of December...Good Luck!

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I was asked by IO to bring 9 docs for my interview but I have questions about 3 of them:

1) Document number 3 says: "If you have ever been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL,certified Final Court Deposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so."

Question on this:

Where can I get ORIGINAL court certified letter that states that I have never been arrested? Police station or....?

2) Document number 7 says: " Furnish an ORIGINAL letter of employment on company letter head accompanied with your W2's and Federal Income Tax returns or an ORIGINAL Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, from a sponsor, with all necessary and supporting financial documents including proof of status in the US, an ORIGINAL letter of employment on company letter head, W2's and Federal Income Tax returns for the current year."

Question on this:

I already have bank statement from my home country that states I own $40K worth of cash. Does it count as Affidavit of Support? Do I have to file Form I-134? Does my white card attached to my passport provides proof that my status is legal?

3) Document number 9 says: "Furnish a completed and signed Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, Form I693 in a sealed envelope."

Question on this:

Do I have to go to my civil surgeon and request Form I693 in a sealed envelope or....?

Thanks for your response in advance!!! :)

Do not worry guys. I think you all will have letter in hands by the end of this month or at worst by the first week of December...Good Luck!

Normally I don't mind waiting, buuut I have 2 weeks of vacation left I want to got Mexico by the end of the year and my visa expired already:)

@ dalerpulatov

congratulations, could you please mention all the documents requested.

1)look at "if you have ever been arrested", so if never arrested, no documents are needed.
2) I do not know the exact answer.
3)you've already sent your I-693 with your initial documents. if not, get one and have it with yourself.

good luck

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I was asked by IO to bring 9 docs for my interview but I have questions about 3 of them:

1) Document number 3 says: "If you have ever been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL,certified Final Court Deposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so."

Question on this:

Where can I get ORIGINAL court certified letter that states that I have never been arrested? Police station or....?

2) Document number 7 says: " Furnish an ORIGINAL letter of employment on company letter head accompanied with your W2's and Federal Income Tax returns or an ORIGINAL Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, from a sponsor, with all necessary and supporting financial documents including proof of status in the US, an ORIGINAL letter of employment on company letter head, W2's and Federal Income Tax returns for the current year."

Question on this:

I already have bank statement from my home country that states I own $40K worth of cash. Does it count as Affidavit of Support? Do I have to file Form I-134? Does my white card attached to my passport provides proof that my status is legal?

3) Document number 9 says: "Furnish a completed and signed Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, Form I693 in a sealed envelope."

Question on this:

Do I have to go to my civil surgeon and request Form I693 in a sealed envelope or....?

Thanks for your response in advance!!! :)

1) If you have ever been arrested - since you've never been arrested, don't bring anything.
2) If you are on H Status, then bring empl letter, W2 and tax return. If on another status, then Affidavit I-134
3) If you sent medical, then don't bring anything. My surgeon gave me a copy of my meds for my personal records. I would bring them, but not goignt o seal.

That's what i would do if I were you.

It looks like invitation letters have weird requirements and in most of the cases officers don't even ask for all this info.