• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

No, I am 15XXX but not far from 16,000 so I'll be current in February most likely. It turns out fine I guess, as I wanted to travel in January :)

Don't worry dv2011... although your number is higher than mine, always has been in!

To all in this forum, I have a concern about my status:

I'm in the US with visa F1 student, and according to my I20 I should leave the country by July 2011 in case of don't get another visa before...
On the other hand, assuming my number will be current in May, I will sent my I485 package in May 1st, therefore not green card till July (more or less)
Question: What happens with my status since I send my I485 package? Is my I20 deadline frozen? What happens if my I20 deadline is before I get my green card?

Thank you so much for your answer, because only now, after visa bulletin, I began to think about it.

2011EUXX21XXX
05/06 - Selection letter received*
08/13 - DS122 and 230 forms sent to KCC
10/21 - AOS Anknowledge Letter from KCC received
11/05 - AOS Fee sent to US DOS

hi forum friends? anyone current for January? I have a lot work to do this weekend becase SA reach the 900... I might have some questions so I hope you guys are doing overtime in this forum this weekend :)!

Don't worry dv2011... although your number is higher than mine, always has been in!

I'm in the US with visa F1 student, and according to my I20 I should leave the country by July 2011 in case of don't get another visa before...
On the other hand, assuming my number will be current in May, I will sent my I485 package in May 1st, therefore not green card till July (more or less)
Question: What happens with my status since I send my I485 package? Is my I20 deadline frozen? What happens if my I20 deadline is before I get my green card?

Thank you so much for your answer, because only now, after visa bulletin, I began to think about it.

2011EUXX21XXX

You will still have 60 days grace period after your I-20 expires which means you have few options to do:

1. File for OPT
2. Change your visa status
3. Leave country

Thank you dalerpulatov! I've already counted the extra 60 days when I mentioned July...
Regarding the 3 choices you exposed:

1. File for OPT
Celinita: I don't think I can apply for OPT if I applied for AOS before, they should be not compatible, aren't them?
Celinita: What do you mean with this?
3. Leave country
Celinita: I cant leave the country once if file the AOS without an authorization permit, which maybe takes few months. If I leave it without the permit, I lose all my rights for the
GC.
Thank you to explain me the choice 2. and if anybody else can help me with more information!

Thank you dalerpulatov! I've already counted the extra 60 days when I mentioned July...
Regarding the 3 choices you exposed:

1. File for OPT
Celinita: I don't think I can apply for OPT if I applied for AOS before, they should be not compatible, aren't them?
Celinita: What do you mean with this?
3. Leave country
Celinita: I cant leave the country once if file the AOS without an authorization permit, which maybe takes few months. If I leave it without the permit, I lose all my rights for the
GC.
Thank you to explain me the choice 2. and if anybody else can help me with more information!

In this case when you file AofS, you will be gray area which is you can legally stay in US until they approve/deny your case.

The good news is if you're approved, your journey is over

The bad news is if they deny your case, your will be required to leave country.

Celinita,

As long as you are in status by the time your AOS application gets to Chicago, you can stay in US while your AOS application is pending even if your non-immigrant status expires in the meanwhile.

Regarding changing to another non-immigrant visa, if you are in the 60 days extension, I think you cannot apply for a different non-immigrant status like H1B. You would have to leave the country to change your status.

However, you do not have to worry about this since you are going to send your AOS package by that time.

Good luck.

2011EUXX21XXX

wait! I think PDA is the step right after decision where if you get approved your case will move to CPO or if denied the further steps of reopening or other stuff might happen. The circle of PDA is before CPO (on the case status page) and like onebowloflaska says CPO is the last step in most signutures. Why would you get a PDA after your card is ordered? Am I missing something?
Khayat,

feel answered this already. I would add that the only thing that you are missing, is that you are still believing that the online status page makes any sense. Your status does not change from the time your application is entered into the system and until your case is approved. Then it jumps to CPO. When the card is shipped to you, it changes to PDA. Yes, it is not logical if you look at the order of the different statuses on the USCIS website, or how many of them are never used, but that is how it worked in the past years.

Finally finished medicals(It took more time than I expected...)! I'll send out my AOS package to Chicago tomorrow. I hope I catch up with November people:) Is anyone doing AOS in Boston?

Hi Celinita,

Welcome to the forum, regarding your I-20 expiration date, it's real simple.... if you're not graduating before that date, simply bring it to the International Student Office and have them extend that date since you do not plan to complete your graduation before July 2011. I know some ISO only extend the I-20 if it's expiring in 3 months but you can let them know of your situation and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Approval Notice for I-485 received

Hi all,

Hope everyone is progressing well with their AOS.. just wanted to give a short update that I received the I-485 approval notice in the mail today BUT no changes with the LUD or status (Still on CPO) on-line. The letter simply welcomes me to the United States and tells me what my Alien number is (and to use this A number to identify myself whenever I need to reach USCIS) and that the green card will arrive in the next 3 weeks:eek:

Congrats to all those current in January. I can imagine people's disappointments about the relative small gains for Asia and Europe especially given that this season's bulletin started really strong in October. But now, it is slowing really really down. But guys, hang in there. This is one of our true tests of patience.

Hi all,

Hope everyone is progressing well with their AOS.. just wanted to give a short update that I received the I-485 approval notice in the mail today BUT no changes with the LUD or status (Still on CPO) on-line. The letter simply welcomes me to the United States and tells me what my Alien number is (and to use this A number to identify myself whenever I need to reach USCIS) and that the green card will arrive in the next 3 weeks:eek:

Congrats !!! You're practically at the end :)

Dear Forum friends,
My first question is: Onthe form G-325A, in the first line, inside the box that says: File Number A_______________ should I leave it blank? or should I put my alien #? Can someone answer please! (you guys usually don't answer my questions.. :(
Thanks,

Dear Forum friends,
My first question is: Onthe form G-325A, in the first line, inside the box that says: File Number A_______________ should I leave it blank? or should I put my alien #? Can someone answer please! (you guys usually don't answer my questions.. :(
Thanks,
If you have an alien number from a previous USCIS application, write it there. If you have more than one (different applications), use the most recent one.

Congrats Onebowloflaksa,again I am very happy for you.
Hi all,

Two NOA receipt for husband and wife

Hi guys,

I have a question about the NOA receipt.

I filed the AOS as the principle applicant as I was the one who won the dv lottery. We got two NOA of reciept for 1010 each. The receipt number are different. Does anyone know if a husband or wife file together the receipt number would be different or the same? I am just curious as to whether they separate the file even though everything was sent together.

Thanks

Hey mzuri. I don't know what you have included in your package, but as far as I know, the applications are processed as two separate, even though you guys sent everything together. So you indeed will get 2 NOA, different for each of you, 2 biometrics nottices, most of the time on the same day and then two interview letters wich are the same day as well.
P.S. Can you add in your signiture by going to Forum Actions on the top of the page, select Edit profile and then edit signiture, so we know your dates and better help you.

Hi guys,

I have a question about the NOA receipt.

I filed the AOS as the principle applicant as I was the one who won the dv lottery. We got two NOA of reciept for 1010 each. The receipt number are different. Does anyone know if a husband or wife file together the receipt number would be different or the same? I am just curious as to whether they separate the file even though everything was sent together.

Thanks

Thanks Natta.

That make sense. I just didn't know if I should get one receipt or two.

I will indeed add my signature...I wasn't quite sure how to do that.

Thank