• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Thanks for your help! Can I get that temporary Stamp at the interview? or where?
I have just updated my signature!
Thanks for your help guys!

Usually if the IO approves you on the spot he/she will stamped it in your passport at the interview. So, this was the reply I got from my attorney after asking her what happens if I try to leave before my GC arrive:

The next time you travel internationally, you must show proof that you are a lawful permanent resident in order to be admitted as a lawful permanent resident. Folks who don’t receive their greencards prior to traveling are required to make an INFOPASS appointment to have their passport stamped indicating that they are a permanent resident along with proof that they will be traveling internationally.

Hope that helps you, so I guess even if the officer didn't stamp it you still can make an INFOPASS appointment to get it stamped. I would suggest you make that appointment now on-line just in case the dates are not available later on, you can always cancel the appointment if you don't need the INFOPASS after the interview anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Card Document/Production ordered for I-485 application!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got a text message and logged onto USCIS and found out my GC has been ordered!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!
This was what I saw on the system when I logged in:
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I would like to thank everyone for keeping my sanity in check throughout this process and for the support and guidance. This forum has been a tremendous source of information, education, advice, help and moral support. Thanks everyone, you are awesome! I will be sticking around until the last day of the fiscal year

Congratulations!!!

eooedada,

I noticed on the spreadsheet you've already submitted your AOS package and even went as far in the process as getting your biometrics scheduled this month, but your case number is 35XXX which is nowhere closes to being current anytime soon (Since the Dec cutoff is 11,600). Is the case number a typo or is it really 35XXX? If so, what happens if your interview gets scheduled before your number becomes current? That's a really bold move to submit it so early, hope everything goes smoothly for you..

Khayat how are you, do we need to call FBI and when?
What's the number?
Thank you.
Answer to your first question: The moment your I-485 is approved you are considered a permanent resident. your card usually arrive in less than 2 weeks though.
Answer to your second question: No you do not need a new one, bring a copy just in case.

Two things:
1: Check with KCC and FBI to see if your case has been requested by field office and if your file has been cleared and sent back to Field office.
1: Setup you signature or give us a history of what you did and when

Khayat how are you, do we need to call FBI and when?
What's the number?
Thank you.

FYI:

Those wanting to know if their name check cleared:
1. Call FBI National Name Check Customer Service @ 304-625-5590.
2. Select option 2 (for individual), then option 2 (Name Check for Immigration Status), then it will give you brief internet details and then it will provide you with the option to repeat the options, go back to main menu or speak with a rep., select speak with a rep. and wait to be connected.
3. NOTE: THEY ARE NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR NAME CHECK STATUS, THEY WILL ONLY TELL YOU WHEN IT WAS RECEIVED FROM USCIS AND WHEN (IF) IT WAS RETURNED TO USCIS.
4. Be very polite, don't push if you can't get an answer and try another time. Give your name (as a courtesy) and say you want to check the status of your finger print. They will ask you when you submitted the request. Tell them that it is for Green Card. They will then ask you for your A# (the one on your NOAs). They will only tell you when it was received and when it was returned (possibly cleared as any issues with name check can take weeks/months before it is returned to USCIS with "No Record" result).

This info is only to help those who are curious to know if their name check cleared. Good Luck!

Izzy posted this information not too long ago, it'll be helpful for new users in this forum to browse through the older threads since most of the questions asked has already been answered previously.

I called the number 24 hours after my biometrics but had to call twice in the same day since the first agent that assisted me was not very helpful and clear as to whether the name check cleared, the second time I called the agent confirmed the date it was received, date it was returned to USCIS and that it cleared (The second time I also said that it was for a green card app, which I didn't the first time) (I posted this previously in the forum as well)

Tuscany,

Did you manage to do a walk-in for your biometrics?

Onebowloflaksa,

Thanks for following up with me on this, I did not do a walk in, I called in and was informed that I will get a letter before the interview. The officer gave me a case file/tracking number to follow up on the request for biometric notice, he claims it should be in the mail in a few days.

For those restlessly waiting for the December bulletin, we might have to wait until Friday for its release because Tomorrow is a federal holiday: Veteran's day.

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to shout out and say thanks for all the ones that helped, especially khayat and izzy!
Stage 3 on the green card route is up now, I received the NOA's both for me and wife.
If you remember my story, I was really stressed about time to receive the NOA because my wife's status expired on Nov 3rd, and they're received date is Nov 1st.
Good luck to all us out there!

I 485 part 2 for dependants

Hi Guys,

I really appreciate for your feed backs in the forum. I found them very helpful.
I have a question and I could not find the answer.
If there is anyone who had the same situation, please help me.
Please do not recommend me to read the previous forums since I have already done it and still could not find the info.

Here is the problem;

I filled out I-485 for myself, my spouse and my child.
On Part 2 as a winner I selected "h" for myself.

But for my spouse and child, which option I need to select?
I could not decide between option "b" and "h".

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Morsa,
Onebowloflaska is right. However like I said you are a resident the moment you are approved. (sometimes you are approved on the spot and sometimes not). as far as coming back to the country you can not come back on your old visa or even visa waiver. you need the stamp. ask the I/O for an stamp on the interview date.
goodluck

Thanks for your help! Can I get that temporary Stamp at the interview? or where?
I have just updated my signature!
Thanks for your help guys!

For your spouse and child select option (b). That is what we all have been doing.
By the way, do update your signature so that all of us will know where you are in the process.

Good Luck
Hi Guys,

I really appreciate for your feed backs in the forum. I found them very helpful.
I have a question and I could not find the answer.
If there is anyone who had the same situation, please help me.
Please do not recommend me to read the previous forums since I have already done it and still could not find the info.

Here is the problem;

I filled out I-485 for myself, my spouse and my child.
On Part 2 as a winner I selected "h" for myself.

But for my spouse and child, which option I need to select?
I could not decide between option "b" and "h".

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Hi Tuscany,

well that is good news. it would not be a bad idea to use your infopass anyways to make sure about KCC.
if you don't have your KCC file there you can not get approved on the spot. am I right?

Did you call the 800 number?

Onebowloflaksa,

Thanks for following up with me on this, I did not do a walk in, I called in and was informed that I will get a letter before the interview. The officer gave me a case file/tracking number to follow up on the request for biometric notice, he claims it should be in the mail in a few days.