• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi onebowloflaksa,congratulations again and thanks for sharing your advices.
Do I need original marriage certificate for the interview,because mine is in overseas,wife has it?

Thanks.

Hi guys, I just notice that my traslated birth certificate was notarized buy someone that had the comission expired on june 2010, but the traslation was notarized few days before.. Do you think that could be a problem? anyone sent the aos pkge with a document like this?? by the way, what happened with the visa bulletin for January?

Natta,
Interview letters have been highly variable based on the field offices over the years. There is not much to do other than checking with them with info-pass once a month at least.
Most of the interview letters have been in December last year tho.

Hey Luganskman, you are kind of in the same situation, you had the biometrics done one day after me and still no interview letter yet. They told me to wait another 30 days, lets see what happens

I 485 Supporting Evidence

Hi to all!
Still waiting for the VB-December!
I've been checking the I 485 supporting evidence and 2 questions arose:
1. Copy of government-issued photo identification
Question: What means exactly: Passport, US Driver license?
2. Marriage Certificate
Question: I'm applying to AOS with my husband, should we send our marriage certificate within the package? Nothing is mentioned about this in the USCIS web.

Thank you!

see below:

Hi to all!
Still waiting for the VB-December!
I've been checking the I 485 supporting evidence and 2 questions arose:
1. Copy of government-issued photo identification
Question: What means exactly: Passport, US Driver license?
include a copy of both, at the interview they will ask for both originals

2. Marriage Certificate
Question: I'm applying to AOS with my husband, should we send our marriage certificate within the package? Nothing is mentioned about this in the USCIS web.
they will be asked for at the interview anyways, would not hurt to add a copy to your package

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I need your help.
I was invited to interview in Chicago in decembr 6th. Assuming that I get the approval, when can I fly home for holydays?
Can I fly just after the Approval or do I need to wait for something?
Tks

One more question. I sent my original medical examinations with the packet. Do I need to get a new one, because they are asking for that in the letter. Or is that a regular letter and If I sent them is just fine?
Tks!

Hi onebowloflaksa,congratulations again and thanks for sharing your advices.
Do I need original marriage certificate for the interview,because mine is in overseas,wife has it?

Thanks.

If you submitted a copy then yes, you must bring all originals with you to the interview. I would if I were you since you don't want to do anything that risk getting your approval delayed... Good Luck!

One more question. I sent my original medical examinations with the packet. Do I need to get a new one, because they are asking for that in the letter. Or is that a regular letter and If I sent them is just fine?
Tks!

Mine asked for the medical examination too BUT it also said that if I already submitted it with the AOS package then it's not needed, I had a photocopy of the original (this was provided to me after the examination) with me just in case.

Guys, I need your help.
I was invited to interview in Chicago in decembr 6th. Assuming that I get the approval, when can I fly home for holydays?
Can I fly just after the Approval or do I need to wait for something?
Tks

No, it's highly NOT recommended for one to fly home right after the approval. My attorney warned me about this as well (although I wasn't really listening to the details of why). If you get approved (with CPO) on the day of the interview the GC will arrive within 30 days so why not just wait until you get the green card? Unless you already have your Advanced Parole documents.

Answer to your first question: The moment your I-485 is approved you are considered a permanent resident. your card usually arrive in less than 2 weeks though.
Answer to your second question: No you do not need a new one, bring a copy just in case.

Two things:
1: Check with KCC and FBI to see if your case has been requested by field office and if your file has been cleared and sent back to Field office.
1: Setup you signature or give us a history of what you did and when

Tks!

Thanks! My question is because I have a ticket home on Friday of that same week. I interview Monday.

I need to do some research about my past dates to post my signature, cause I just discovered this forum today.

Answer to your first question: The moment your I-485 is approved you are considered a permanent resident. your card usually arrive in less than 2 weeks though.
Answer to your second question: No you do not need a new one, bring a copy just in case.

Two things:
1: Check with KCC and FBI to see if your case has been requested by field office and if your file has been cleared and sent back to Field office.
1: Setup you signature or give us a history of what you did and when

I think Morsa will need a temporary stamp in his/her passport before he/she leaves the country and tries to re-enter later on right? I think some 2010 winners had the stamp in their passport on the day of their approved interview so that immediately allows them to leave the country while waiting for the GC to arrive.

However if Morsa didn't get the stamp in the passport, wouldn't it be that he/she cannot leave because it is not official until the green card arrives in the mail since Morsa will need it to re-enter the U.S as a PR?

I emailed my attorney about this since I wasn't really paying attention when she told me why I shouldn't leave before the GC arrives, will update again.

Thanks for your help! Can I get that temporary Stamp at the interview? or where?
I have just updated my signature!
Thanks for your help guys!