• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Oh, I thought you didn't have your original birth cert readily available which is why I suggested getting the birth cert extract from your embassy. But since you have it, no harm bringing it together with you and showing both the original and translated birth cert

=) you are right, I do not have it readily available now, it's not with me here, it's in Russia, but I can ask to send it to me, that's why all this questions, just to make sure if I really need it.

Who has called KCC to see if their file has been requested? I called them today and they said it was not requested by the local office. I called before I go for my Biometric today.

Try calling after you get your interview notice in the mail. Also, try making an INFOPASS appointment before your interview at the local USCIS office since they know FOR SURE whether the file has been requested and whether it is there.

Who has called KCC to see if their file has been requested by their focal offic? I called them today and they said it was not requested by the local office. I called before I go for my Biometric today.

Khayat,

I called KCC today and was informed that my file has not been requested by my local field office, i was asked to get in touch with them so i have scheduled an infopass to go to the local office and ascertain the state of things as per the file being requested. I wonder why they wait do long to request the file.....who knows?

Did you contact them after you did biometrics?

Try calling after you get your interview notice in the mail. Also, try making an INFOPASS appointment before your interview at the local USCIS office since they know FOR SURE whether the file has been requested and whether it is there.

Khayat,

I scheduled an infopass already, for the 1st available date and time, next week. I would do the biometrics then.

Tuscany,

Do you live near an ASC? No harm trying to walk-in this week (Preferably on a Wednesday). I was told by my attorney that most ASC are usually not busy at all.

Tuscany,
I don't think you can do biometrics without the Biometric letter. Today they scanned my letter quite a few times. How late was the first available info-pass date at the day when you tried to schedule one?
How far is you USCIS from you?
has any body done biometric without biometric letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuscany, what did they ask for in your interview letter?
Did you call KCC to see if your file is requested?

Tuscany,
I don't think you can do biometrics without the Biometric letter. Today they scanned my letter quite a few times. How late was the first available info-pass date at the day when you tried to schedule one?

My first biometrics appointment letter actually didn't have any barcode on it (Just the A-number and receipt number). The second biometrics letter from NBC had it. However, since most cases are usually processed with the biometrics first then the interview appointment... it wouldn't hurt to try to go by with the interview notice and say that no biometrics appointment was scheduled and the interview is coming up. Even without the barcode, they still can do the biometrics since that's basically the receipt number of the application(s).

The IO that interviewed me today also commented on this, he was bewildered as to why my original biometrics was scheduled AFTER the interview. He was really glad that I did it before and said that the office should not have made such a mistake in the scheduling.

Agreed! Seems like the same case with Tuscany.
By the way onebowloflaska, what is the status of your EAD application? or AP if you applied for any.

Agreed! Seems like the same case with Tuscany.
By the way onebowloflaska, what is the status of your EAD application? or AP if you applied for any.

Nothing changed on those application. LUD is still the same, the only update so far is for the I-485 (which is ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME... hehehehe). But since the card is supposed to arrive within the next 30 days, I don't think I'll worry about the EAD and AP docs.

Thank you, Vezuha. Wish you good luck as well.

Celinita, Dimus and R2010, I've added your case numbers to our DV2011 AOS only spreadsheet at

please, keep us updated on your case details, wish you good news in December Visa Bulletin!

Tuscany,

Do you live near an ASC? No harm trying to walk-in this week (Preferably on a Wednesday). I was told by my attorney that most ASC are usually not busy at all.

My field office is 15mins drive, there is no arm in trying, I might go tomorrow, nothing ventured,nothing gained. Thanks

Tuscany,

Khayat, the biometrics notice is still being expected, when I called USCIS, I was told to expect it before my interview date, when I probed further by asking that what happens if it does not get to me before the interview date, then the officer said, it will be done on the same day with the interview. I still have two weeks before the interview so the notice should get here before then, however, I will go to the field office to talk with them. The earliest day is next week for infopass, I will attempt to get audience before then.

The interview letter has a 1st page which is the normal typical form I-797C, that has a list of items, the applicant is to bring only the items that are checked off. The 2nd page is an ordinary white sheet of paper titled “appointment checklist” that contains the following: (this might differ based on field office or applicant)
• Passport
• Original birth certificate
• Marriage certificate
• Copy of payment receipt to DOS
• I-94 record - Proof of lawful immigration status
• Proof of educational or work qualifications
• Driver's license
• Originals of all documents submitted with the application
My thinking is that they are generic items/documents being requested, to be safe it’s better to go with originals of all related documents. In my case these are documents that I have submitted with my application so I will merely take the originals and one photocopy of each with me. They did not indicate that i should bring affidavit of support etc but i will go with some financial documents such as bank statements, pay stubs, employment letter, etc, but will not present them unless requested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuscany,

Did you submit the additional $65 after making the payment of $375? I was told it is not needed if payment was made and receipt received before July, but I did it anyway before my interview just to be sure I don't have any delays.

Thanks Tuscany,
You should go there. I think that busy Field Offices like yours are so over crowded with family based and employment base applications that us DV cases are sort of out of norm for them.
I wish you the best. Let us know what happens.

Khayat, the biometrics notice is still being expected, when I called USCIS, I was told to expect it before my interview date, when I probed further by asking that what happens if it does not get to me before the interview date, then the officer said, it will be done on the same day with the interview. I still have two weeks before the interview so the notice should get here before then, however, I will go to the field office to talk with them. The earliest day is next week for infopass, I will attempt to get audience before then.

The interview letter has a 1st page which is the normal typical form I-797C, that has a list of items, the applicant is to bring only the items that are checked off. The 2nd page is an ordinary white sheet of paper titled “appointment checklist” that contains the following: (this might differ based on field office or applicant)
• Passport
• Original birth certificate
• Marriage certificate
• Copy of payment receipt to DOS
• I-94 record - Proof of lawful immigration status
• Proof of educational or work qualifications
• Driver's license
• Originals of all documents submitted with the application
My thinking is that they are generic items/documents being requested, to be safe it’s better to go with originals of all related documents. In my case these are documents that I have submitted with my application so I will merely take the originals and one photocopy of each with me. They did not indicate that i should bring affidavit of support etc but i will go with some financial documents such as bank statements, pay stubs, employment letter, etc, but will not present them unless requested.

right after a decision is made, your case moves to PDA, or post decision activity and after that goes to CPO or "Card Production Ordered" meaning that Green Card or EAD card is ordered and will be sent to you. :)

Onebowloflaksa Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you pls tell me what CPO means?

Tuscany,

Did you submit the additional $65 after making the payment of $375? I was told it is not needed if payment was made and receipt received before July, but I did it anyway before my interview just to be sure I don't have any delays.

I paid $375, called them and the officer i spoke with said since I paid before the new fees became applicable it did not affect me so I did not bother to pay anything else.