• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

You do not need to pay the extra 65$. Some other applicants have also confirmed that.

I paid $375, called them and the officer i spoke with said since I paid before the new fees became applicable it did not affect me so I did not bother to pay anything else.

onebowloflaksa,
Congratulations man!!! Good job.
Question: Did IO had your E-DV form in front of him?

THANKS. Probably, the folder was super thick and he didn't exactly go through each document.. he just briefly scanned through it and verified some information here and there. I didn't see the E-DV form but I'm sure it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not need to pay the extra 65$. Some other applicants have also confirmed that.

Yeah I know, I just had to do it for a peace of mind... coz seriously you just never know what kind of officer you can get (if he/she is inexperienced or out of it).. so it wasn't a big deal to pay that amount.. I think some other members did the same as well.

Detailed timeline so far

October 4, 2009 – Enter DV 2011 lottery for the ?th time
April 28, 2010 Notification Letter sent out from KCC, Case number #2011AS00008XXX
June 2, 2010 – Form DSP-122 submitted to KCC
June 2, 2010 – Diversity Visa Fee payment submitted to Department of State
June 10, 2010 – Received payment confirmation from KCC with date stamp indicating fee was PAID on 06/07/2010
June 28, 2010 - Letter was sent from KCC confirming intention to apply for adjusting of status with the Department of Homeland Security, USCIS and also included Form PC-160 requesting payment for Diversity Visa Fee (which was not applicable since payment was already made previously)
August 11, 2010 – Received notice that priority date is current as of Oct 1, 2010 and to proceed with medical exam with civil surgeon
August 17, 2010 – Immigration medical exam completed
August 23, 2010 – Sealed medical exam dropped off at attorney office
October 1, 2010 – AOS package mailed out to Chicago USCIS
October 4, 2010 – AOS package received by S. Bush (Sent by FedEx)
October 8, 2010 – Additional $65 submitted to DOS
October 14, 2010 – $1010 Check cashed by US Department of Homeland Security
October 18, 2010 – Received Notice of adjustment I-797-C for I-485, I-131 and 1-765 (Noticed was dated 10/14)
October 28, 2010 – DV file was sent to San Jose office (I called on Nov 1 to verify with KCC)
October 29, 2010 – Received DOS receipt for additional $65 (postmarked on 10/25)
October 29, 2010 – Received Biometrics and Interview appointment notice from local field office (Interview is 11/09 and Biometrics is 11/10, notice was dated 10/27)
November 2, 2010 – Infopass appointment at San Jose field office to inquire about biometrics and file. IO changed biometrics date to November 3 (between 9am-3pm) at any Northern California ASC.
November 3, 2010 – Complete biometrics appointment at San Francisco ASC at 8:45am
November 4, 2010 – Called FBI and was informed that my fingerprint/name check cleared on November 3rd and was results were returned to USCIS on the same day.
November 9, 2010 – Interview at San Jose office in the morning; interview lasted approx 20 mins with pending approval.
2 hours later – received text message on case update, went online to check and I485 application status changed to ‘CPO’!

Who has called KCC to see if their file has been requested? I called them today and they said it was not requested by the local office. I called before I go for my Biometric today.

I called them today, the lady said that it's not yet requested. actually I have no idea about where my FO is. I guess that it might be at Houston. unfortunately I can not make info pass as the it's very far from my current place.

I called them today, the lady said that it's not yet requested. actually I have no idea about where my FO is. I guess that it might be at Houston. unfortunately I can not make info pass as the it's very far from my current place.

Js7, you can use the USCIS field office locator here. Austin zipcodes usually report the San Antonio field office which is indeed the closest FO from Austin besides Houston and Dallas FOs. Just enter your zipcode in the link above and find out.

So I went to my field office today for an infopass since tommorow will be two weeks since we had our biometrics and picture taken. At the field office they were not that helpfull and told me that this is a case that was recently filled, looking on the dates of the NOA and told me that there are many cases filed before me, but I told them that this is a DV case and that it is usually processed different and the lady told me that it does not matter and that I should wait.
I really don't know what is going on. The file was requested two weeks ago from KCC, biometrics were taken 2 weeks ago and returned by the FBI the same day, and the field office was empty when I went there today. That is so annoying to wait for who knows what :(

Natta, thanks for sharing your experience with us. At least we know that we don't have to ask USCIS 'what is going on with our interview timing'. So only thing left it is to be patient.

Onebowloflaksa,

What was the status of your AOS case before the interview (in the online system)? Was it "Acceptance" or "Initial Review"? Thanks!

@ Vezuha & lucky2011,

thanks guys. the thing is that when you search by zip code it shows San Antonio, but in the "Service Area" of San Antonio FO, Austin is not included. Austin is included in Houston's "Service Area". that's why it's somehow unclear.

Hey Luganskman, you are kind of in the same situation, you had the biometrics done one day after me and still no interview letter yet. They told me to wait another 30 days, lets see what happens

Natta, thanks for sharing your experience with us. At least we know that we don't have to ask USCIS 'what is going on with our interview timing'. So only thing left it is to be patient.

...when you search by zip code it shows San Antonio, but in the "Service Area" of San Antonio FO, Austin is not included. Austin is included in Houston's "Service Area". that's why it's somehow unclear.

Oh, I see what you mean, then I think FO is indeed Houston.

Waiting for the next Visa Bulletin :) Hope comes out this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator: