• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

It is not really required for you to send the AOS packet. Please put your signature so that we know where you are in this process and better help you.
Thanks.

hi guys, i haven't gotten my 2nd letter acknowledgment of my intention to do AOS yet. is it really necessary in the process? ??????????????????????????

Originally Posted by luckylady
Ok, Im confused. Which letter is the NL2? Is it the letter acknowledging my intention to do AOS or an interview notification letter that will come at a later date?

If you do AOS, the 2nd letter is the acknowledgment of your intention to do AOS. If you do CP, the 2nd letter is your interview letter.

I think it's pretty clear from the post that Luckylady is doing AOS.

Visa Bulletin December!

Hello Everyone!

Any idea about, when are they uploading the Visa Bulletin for December?
Last year was November 9, but till now...no news...Diversity Lottery closed last week, maybe they are busy with that!
I hope in this month Europe increase the numbers...cause Im 21XXX and Im afraid to not be current around February like past years....Anybody has a number close to mine for Europe?

Here my process evolution:
05/06 - Selection letter received
08/13 - DS122 and 230 forms sent to KCC
10/21 - AOS Anknowledge Letter from KCC received
11/05 - AOS Fee sent to US DOS

VB should be out by this week, hopefully today.

Hello Everyone!

Any idea about, when are they uploading the Visa Bulletin for December?
Last year was November 9, but till now...no news...Diversity Lottery closed last week, maybe they are busy with that!
I hope in this month Europe increase the numbers...cause Im 21XXX and Im afraid to not be current around February like past years....Anybody has a number close to mine for Europe?

Here my process evolution:
05/06 - Selection letter received
08/13 - DS122 and 230 forms sent to KCC
10/21 - AOS Anknowledge Letter from KCC received
11/05 - AOS Fee sent to US DOS

Hi Celinita,

Hope we can see December's Bulletin later on today. I'm anxious to apply in January.

AOS Interview experience Update

I had my interview today morning at 9:15 AM, it lasted for 20 minutes and it was painless. The IO was pretty serious but he loosened up later and even smiled. Basically, he said everything is in place for my file and that he will approve it later today.

This was my interview outcome in brief...

I reached the USCIS office at 8:20AM but had to wait for my attorney who was running a little later (she got there by 9:00am), cleared security together, got into the waiting room upstairs, slipped the interview letter in the box and waited for my name to be called. After a wait of less than 10 mins, my name was called and we were walked to the interview room by the officer. He was in his late forties or fifties, gray hair, kind of serious. He asked us to take our seats and went around took his seat. Then he stood up, asked me to stand up, raise my right hand for the oath.

Once done with the oath (less than 30 secs), we sat down and he asked to see our ID's and I showed my passport and he later requested to see my DL as well. He had my file open in front of him. He verified the application form with information from my passport and check marked the file after verification. Then he went through my I-485 and verified some of the information with me:
• Full name
• Date of Birth
• Current Address
• Last date of entry into the U.S.
• Country of birth and citizenship
• And about 5-7 questions from the part where it’s “did you ever….”

Next, he asked to see my original birth certificate. He also asked if there was any other names that I used ‘nicknames’ and such, so I told him that some of my friends call me by another name which he wrote down.

Then he asked about whether I came to the U.S. ONLY for my graduate studies, which I replied that I’ve been here since high school through graduate school. He then asked what status I’m at right now, I replied H1. He asked if the last date of entry was as an F1 or H1. After I said F1, he asked for the passport with the I-94 (it was in the old/expired passport) opened my passport, located the I-94 and tore along the perforated strip that was stapled to my passport (I could hear bells ring in my head. This could mean that my GC was going to be approved)

The attorney then showed him my updated employment letter.
Then there was like 10 minutes where he spent discussing with my attorney about the process of making a payment before the interview and whether it was to KCC or NBC (He mentioned he tried to do some research and was curious, therefore asking her about the procedures and process)
But he later then said that my file is all at the office and that since my payment, biometrics are all out of the way I’ll not have any issues if the system shows my visa as current

Throughout the process, he kept making notes on his file and kept filling the "Official Use Only" section on the files he had in front of him.

He later told me that he has to review through my file and he will approve it if my visa at the end of the day after he’s done with all his interviews. (Woohoo!) He then made a copy of my driver license and walked us out with a smile saying 'Have a good day'

For those of you still waiting for the interview... a couple of pointers that might really help you during the interview.
1. Follow the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy.
2. Don't volunteer information
3. Stick to the point. Answer questions with a simple yes or a no unless asked to explain.
4. Pay attention to the questions, reply in a clear and audible tone.
5. Avoid asking unnecessary questions or questions which have an obvious answer
6. Keep it simple. Wear a smile on your face.
7. If you don't know, admit it. Don't guess and ruin your chances.
8. Prepare for the interview with your spouse and make sure both are on the same page
9. Carry all documents with you. Make sure you have copies of all originals

Good luck! Hope to update soon with the GC:eek:

PS I checked online to see if there was any LUD, but it still remained the same as before the interview

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview today morning at 9:15 AM, it lasted for 20 minutes and it was painless. The IO was pretty serious but he loosened up later and even smiled. Basically, he said everything is in place for my file and that he will approve it later today.

I reached the USCIS office at 8:20AM but had to wait for my attorney who was running a little later (she got there by 9:00am), cleared security together, got into the waiting room upstairs, slipped the interview letter in the slot and waited for my name to be called. After a wait of less than 10 mins, my name was called and we were walked to the interview room by the officer. He was in his late forties or fifties, gray hair, kind of serious. He asked us to take our seats and went around took his seat. Then he stood up, asked me to stand up, raise my right hand for the oath.

Once done with the oath, we sat down and he asked to see our ID's and I showed my passport and he later requested to see my DL as well. He had my file open in front of him. He verified the application form with information from my passport and check marked the file after verification. Then he went through my I-485 and verified some of the information with me:
• Full name
• Date of Birth
• Current Address

Next, he asked to see my original birth certificate. He also asked if there was any other names that I used ‘nicknames’ and such, so I told him that some of my friends call me by another name which he wrote down.
Then, he asked for the passport with the I-94 (it was in the old/expired passport) opened my passport, located the I-94 and tore along the perforated strip that was stapled to my passport (I could hear bells ring in my head. This could either mean that my GC was going to be approved)
Then he asked about whether I came to the U.S. for my graduate studies, which I replied that I’ve been here since high school through graduate school. He then asked what status I’m at right now, I replied H1.
Then there was like 10 minutes where he spent discussing with my attorney about the process of making a payment before the interview and whether it was to KCC or NBC (He mentioned he tried to do some research and was curious, therefore asking her about the procedures and process)
But he later then said that my file is all at the office and that since my payment, biometrics are all out of the way I’ll not have any issues if the system shows my visa as current

Throughout the process, he kept making notes on his file and kept filling the "Official Use Only" section on the files he had in front of him.

He later told me that he has to review through my file and he will approve it if my visa is current in the system at the end of the day after he’s done with all his interviews. (Woohoo!) He then made a copy of my driver license and walked us out with a smile saying 'Have a good day'

For those of you still waiting for the interview... a couple of pointers that might really help you during the interview.
1. Follow the "Dont Ask, Dont Tell" policy.
2. Dont volunteer information
3. Stick to the point. Answer questions with a simple yes or a no unless asked to explain.
5. Avoid asking unnecessary questions or quesitons which have an obvious answer
7. If you dont know, admit it. Dont guess and ruin your chances.
8. Prepare for the interview with your spouse and make sure both are on the same page

PS I checked online to see if there was any LUD, but it still remained the same as before the interview

Wow, congratulations my friend. You are the first to be approved :)

Congrats! I can imagine the relief you must be feeling... who's NEXT.

I reached the USCIS office at 8:20AM but had to wait for my attorney who was running a little later (she got there by 9:00am), cleared security together, got into the waiting room upstairs, slipped the interview letter in the slot and waited for my name to be called. After a wait of less than 10 mins, my name was called and we were walked to the interview room by the officer. He was in his late forties or fifties, gray hair, kind of serious. He asked us to take our seats and went around took his seat. Then he stood up, asked me to stand up, raise my right hand for the oath.

Once done with the oath, we sat down and he asked to see our ID's and I showed my passport and he later requested to see my DL as well. He had my file open in front of him. He verified the application form with information from my passport and check marked the file after verification. Then he went through my I-485 and verified some of the information with me:
• Full name
• Date of Birth
• Current Address

Then, he asked for the passport with the I-94 (it was in the old/expired passport) opened my passport, located the I-94 and tore along the perforated strip that was stapled to my passport (I could hear bells ring in my head. This could either mean that my GC was going to be approved)
Then he asked about whether I came to the U.S. for my graduate studies, which I replied that I’ve been here since high school through graduate school. He then asked what status I’m at right now, I replied H1.

He later told me that he has to review through my file and he will approve it if my visa is current in the system at the end of the day after he’s done with all his interviews. (Woohoo!) He then made a copy of my driver license and walked us out with a smile saying 'Have a good day'

• Full name
• Date of Birth
• Current Address

Congratulations. :)

Congratulations!!!

• Full name
• Date of Birth
• Current Address

Update: Card Document/Production ordered for I-485 application!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got a text message and logged onto USCIS and found out my GC has been ordered!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!
This was what I saw on the system when I logged in:
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I would like to thank everyone for keeping my sanity in check throughout this process and for the support and guidance. This forum has been a tremendous source of information, education, advice, help and moral support. Thanks everyone, you are awesome! I will be sticking around until the last day of the fiscal year

Last edited by a moderator:
@ onebowloflaksa

Congratulations. I have 2 questions. did the officer asked anything about the affidavit of support. also "Then he asked about whether I came to the U.S. for my graduate studies" could you explain more about that.

thanks

That is one fantastic news onebowloflaska. Congratulations.
P.S you have wrong date on your signature, may be because of excitement. ha ha

Update: Card Document/Production ordered for I-485 application!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got a text message and logged onto USCIS and found out my GC has been ordered!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!
This was what I saw on the system when I logged in:
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I would like to thank everyone for keeping my sanity in check throughout this process and for the support and guidance. This forum has been a tremendous source of information, education, advice, help and moral support. Thanks everyone, you are awesome! I will be sticking around until the last day of the fiscal year

fantastic! this gotta be the fastest GC ever in years! Good Luck

• Full name
• Date of Birth
• Current Address

@ onebowloflaksa

Congratulations. I have 2 questions. did the officer asked anything about the affidavit of support. also "Then he asked about whether I came to the U.S. for my graduate studies" could you explain more about that.

thanks

No he didn't ask for the affidavit of support, but I still gave it to him before I left. As for the second question, he was basically asking if I only came to the U.S. as a F1 for graduate school (i.e. Master Degree) but I corrected him and said I was here since High School.